President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on Air Force One on his way to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., Friday, Nov. 14, 2025. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
Share this @internewscast.com

The BBC issued an apology to President Trump following the broadcast of an edited version of his January 6, 2021, speech. The broadcast combined two separate segments of his address, which originally occurred nearly an hour apart, into one.

In a letter addressed to Trump, BBC Chair Samir Shah expressed regret for the edited broadcast, acknowledging that it inadvertently gave the impression of a continuous speech. Shah personally apologized for the oversight.

President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on Air Force One on his way to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., Friday, Nov. 14, 2025. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
President Donald Trump speaks to reporters on Air Force One on his way to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach. (AP)

Previously, Trump’s legal team had sent a letter to the BBC demanding an apology and threatening a lawsuit worth $1 billion.

Despite the apology, Trump announced his intention to proceed with legal action against the BBC, suggesting the potential for an even greater claim.

“We’re considering a lawsuit ranging from one to five billion dollars, likely to be filed next week. I feel it’s necessary,” Trump stated to reporters on Air Force One.

“They’ve even admitted to their wrongdoing,” he added.

The legal dispute was sparked by an edition of the BBC’s flagship current affairs series Panorama, titled “Trump: A Second Chance?” broadcast days before the 2024 US presidential election.

A third-party production company spliced together three quotes from two sections of the 2021 speech, into what appeared to be one quote in which Trump urged supporters to march with him and “fight like hell.”

The chair of the BBC apologized on Monday for what he called an "error of judgment" over the way a speech by US President Donald Trump was edited in a BBC documentary.
The US president said he still plans to sue the BBC, potentially now for a much larger sum. (Jack Taylor/Reuters)

Among the parts cut out was a section where Trump said he wanted supporters to demonstrate peacefully.

Trump earlier declared the BBC was “fake news”, adding that the people of the UK are “very angry” about the edit.

He said he would raise the issue with UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer.

“I’m going to call him over the weekend. He actually put a call in to me. He’s very embarrassed,” Trump said.

Director-general Tim Davie, along with news chief Deborah Turness, quit on Sunday, saying the scandal was damaging the BBC and “as the CEO of BBC News and Current Affairs, the buck stops with me.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…

Government Stalled: Public Outcry as Critical Reforms Remain Unaddressed

The government is facing pressure to axe “dangerous” reforms to Australia’s freedom…
Former Ernst & Young partner Leonard Nicita (pictured) lost his breach of contract case after being warned over inappropriate behaviour at a Miami Vice-themed office Christmas party

Aussie Workers Alerted: Christmas Party Misconduct Can Cost You Big, Warns Sacked EY Executive’s $1.3M Lesson

The dismissal of a high-ranking Ernst & Young partner has become a…

Australia Steps Up: Tackling Fiji’s HIV Crisis with Urgent Support

While Australia is considered to be on track to virtually eliminate HIV…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…

Devastating Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 600 Lives: Ongoing Relief Efforts Struggle to Cope

More than 600 people have been killed in floods and landslides across…
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…
Hanson addresses immigration rally in Melbourne

Breaking News: Hanson Speaks Out at Melbourne Rally – Unveiling Her Stance on Immigration

Pauline Hanson, the leader of One Nation, recently led an anti-immigration protest,…

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Heartwarming Ceremony at The Lodge

Anthony Albanese has tied the knot with his fiancée Jodie Haydon at…