Police 'launch search for Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor officers' emails'
Share this @internewscast.com

Former security officers who once protected Andrew Mountbatten Windsor are now under scrutiny as police delve into their emails, phone logs, and notes.

The Metropolitan Police have launched an investigation into claims that the former duke, who has since fallen from grace, requested a police bodyguard to gather damaging information on Virginia Giuffre, a young woman accusing him of sexual misconduct.

An explosive email previously uncovered by The Mail on Sunday revealed that Andrew allegedly asked a taxpayer-funded officer from the Met to investigate Ms. Giuffre, providing her date of birth and sensitive social security information.

Subsequently, Andrew informed Ed Perkins, who served as Queen Elizabeth’s deputy press secretary, that he had tasked a member of his personal protection team—specifically from the Met’s elite SO14 Royalty Protection Group—with collecting intelligence on Ms. Giuffre.

This email was sent to Mr. Perkins mere hours before the newspaper published the notorious photograph of the duke with a then-17-year-old Ms. Giuffre in 2011, an image that would later contribute significantly to his public disgrace.

Reports indicate that at least two of Andrew’s former bodyguards have been interviewed by authorities investigating these allegations, as they evaluate the need for “any further assessment or review.”

Andrew, who was sensationally stripped of his royal titles earlier this month, wrote in an email to Mr Perkins: ‘It would also seem she has a criminal record in the [United] States.’

‘I have given her DoB [date of birth] and social security number for investigation with XXX, the on duty ppo [personal protection officer].’

Virginia Giuffre with a photo of herself as a teenager, when she says she was abused by Jeffrey Epstein, Virginia Giuffre and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, among others

Virginia Giuffre with a photo of herself as a teenager, when she says she was abused by Jeffrey Epstein, Virginia Giuffre and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, among others

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured), formerly the Duke of York, was stripped of all of his royal titles earlier this month

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor (pictured), formerly the Duke of York, was stripped of all of his royal titles earlier this month

It is not suggested that the officer complied with the prince’s request, while Ms Giuffre’s family have since said she did not have a criminal record.

If the request had been carried out, it would have broken data protection laws, which could potentially amount to a misconduct in public office offence. 

In turn, the former duke of York could also be accused of assisting misconduct in a public office. 

And if the case is probed by the Met, it would be the first time the former royal has been interviewed by officers since his relationship with paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein came to light.

A source told The Sun: ‘As part of the initial examination of the case, officers are currently trying to establish what material is available.

‘They are actively seeking to find emails and communications from Andrew’s royalty protection team, as well as their notebooks.’

It is understood that internal Met emails are deleted after six years. However, notebooks of royalty protection and electronic devices are held for three decades, the insider added.

Ex Metropolitan Royal Protection Command head Dai Davies said there was now enough evidence for the ex-prince to be ‘interviewed under caution’.

‘I have to ask why the Met are taking so long to start a proper investigation as there’s a clear prima facie case here,’ he told the newspaper.

He added that had it been a general member of the public asking a police officer to do such a thing, the force would ‘have been knocking at our door’. 

Virginia Giuffre photographed with Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell in early 2001

Virginia Giuffre photographed with Prince Andrew and Ghislaine Maxwell in early 2001 

Nobody's Girl by Virginia Roberts Giuffre was published on October 21, 2025

Nobody’s Girl by Virginia Roberts Giuffre was published on October 21, 2025

He also believes the notebooks, as well as other documents held by Andrew’s bodyguards, could pinpoint his whereabouts when Ms Giuffre claimed she had sex with the former duke. 

It comes after the Mail on Sunday revealed that Met detectives are poring over the posthumous memoirs of Ms Giuffre. 

The MoS learnt that officers are examining her  book as part of a ‘scoping exercise’ into revelations by this newspaper about Andrew’s links to sex offender Epstein

The memoirs of Ms Giuffre – who took her own life in April aged 41 – were published in October.

In the book, Nobody’s Girl, she detailed being trafficked at age 17 and also accused Andrew of being ‘entitled, as if he believed having sex with me was his birthright’.

She also described three occasions when Ms Giuffre alleged Andrew had sex with her. Andrew has repeatedly and vehemently denied her claims.

Sources this weekend said that as well as probing the email Andrew sent about his accuser, officers are also looking closely at Ms Giuffre’s book to see whether it contains any new leads.

The Mail on Sunday understands that detectives have not yet spoken to Andrew.

The Daily Mail has approached Buckingham Palace for comment. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Alexander Brothers Accused of Creating ‘Rape Playbook’ Amid Revelations of High School Secrets

Back in their high school days, the Alexander brothers, known for their…

Travel Alert: TSA PreCheck Services Halted Amid Partial Government Shutdown

The Trusted Traveler programs, TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, will be temporarily…

Video Captures Intoxicated Pair Moments Before Fatal Incident Involving Cousin’s Son

In a tragic sequence of events, a drink driver intentionally collided with…

Royal Shake-Up: King Charles Abdicates, William and Kate Ascend as New Monarchs

If the monarchy aims to endure, there seems to be only one…

Trump Unveils Significant Increase in Worldwide Tariffs

In response to the Supreme Court’s decision against his reciprocal tax initiative,…

Controversy Ignites as Man Defends His British Ex-Wife’s ICE Detention Amid Liberal Outrage

A British mother whose arrest by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)…

Unveiled: Rare Epstein Photos the Public Wasn’t Meant to View

The release of the Jeffrey Epstein files has ignited a global wave…

Bill Maher Criticizes Gen Z Icons Billie Eilish and Chappell Roan: A Candid Take on Leftist Youth Culture

Bill Maher has recently launched a critique against Billie Eilish and Chappell…

Epic Snowstorm Alert: Americans Prepare for the Most Devastating Blizzard in a Decade

Millions across the United States are gearing up for a formidable snowstorm…

Millions at risk as powerful bomb cyclone targets East Coast

Close to 30 million people across the United States are currently under…

Chaos on Deck: US Warship Battles With Severe Plumbing Crisis

US soldiers stationed aboard a US warship, whose deployment has been prolonged…

Gubernatorial Candidate Faces Backlash Over Controversial Gesture at Campaign Event

A candidate in the California governor’s race has sparked outrage among the…