3.9k Share this

A popular children’s toy landed a Sydney family in the emergency room when their little girl accidentally swallowed it.

Chloe Ngyuen was playing with magnetic balls at her home in Cabramatta West when she burst into tears.

“I looked at her hand and she was holding a bunch of these magnet balls and I said, Chloe, did you swallow that?” her dad, Bill Nguyen, told 9News.

Chloe Ngyuen was playing with magnetic balls at her home in Cabramatta West when she burst into tears.
Chloe Ngyuen was playing with magnetic balls at her home in Cabramatta West when she burst into tears. (9News)

When she finally calmed down, Chloe admitted she’d accidentally swallowed “one” of her older sister Claire’s “magnetic balls”.

Her mum asked her what colour it was, and the little girl told her: “rainbow”.

She was taken to the Children’s Hospital at Westmead where an x-ray showed why Chloe thought the toy was multi-coloured.

Chloe Ngyuen was playing with magnetic balls at her home in Cabramatta West when she burst into tears.
Chloe’s parents were told they were lucky they realised early, because if the marbles had made it into her bowel the situation would have been much more serious. (9News)

“We were like, oh my god, eight of them, how did she swallow eight of them?” mum Amy Ngyuen said.

The magnets were still in her stomach and able to be removed with a camera inserted down her throat.

Chloe Ngyuen was playing with magnetic balls at her home in Cabramatta West when she burst into tears.
She was taken to the Children’s Hospital at Westmead where an x-ray showed why Chloe thought the toy was multi-coloured. (9News)

But her parents were told they were lucky they realised early, because if the marbles had made it into her bowel the situation would have been much more serious.

“If they come apart or a loop of bowel gets caught up between them, you could end up with a bowel perforation and that can be a life-threatening emergency,” Dr Michael Storman, head of gastroenterology at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead said.

Source: 9News

3.9k Share this
You May Also Like

Grieving widow ‘broken’ over Victoria’s stretched hospital system

A grieving widow says it “broke her heart” to witness Victoria’s hospital…

New data shows Aussies spent billions on video games in 2021

Next to $4 billion dollars was spent on video games and consoles…

Country Life had six architects jazz up Buckingham Palace, ROBERT HARDMAN inspects their designs

Over the coming days it will, once again, be the focal point…

Inside the Intense Police Battle with Texas Elementary School Shooter

A lone gunman stormed into a Uvalde, Texas, elementary school Tuesday morning…

ABBA needs digital concerts to make £140m to cover costs of ‘ABBAtars’ made by George Lucas’ firm

ABBA needs to recoup £140million to cover the costs of their immersive…

Donald Trump to Hold Rally with Harriet Hageman to Oust Liz Cheney

Surging congressional candidate Harriet Hageman will hold a rally with former President…

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle WILL join the Queen at St Paul’s Thanksgiving service

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will join The Queen at a…

German girl, 15, reveals Texas gunman told her he was going to shoot up elementary school

A 15-year-old German girl has revealed the twisted Texas gunman told her…