Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Fourth Shark Encounter in Three Days: Surfer Injured Off Australia’s East Coast
  • Local news

Fourth Shark Encounter in Three Days: Surfer Injured Off Australia’s East Coast

    Surfer bitten in 4th shark attack off Australia's east coast in 3 days
    Up next
    Julia Morris stuns IAC viewers with her VERY slimmed-down frame
    Julia Morris Surprises ‘I’m A Celebrity’ Fans with Dramatic Weight Loss Transformation
    Published on 20 January 2026
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • 4th,
    • attack,
    • Australia039s,
    • bitten,
    • Coast,
    • days,
    • East,
    • Joseph McNulty,
    • Matt Worrall,
    • off,
    • science,
    • shark,
    • Steve Pearce,
    • surfer,
    • Sydney Harbor,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest


    MELBOURNE – A surfer experienced a close encounter with a shark on Tuesday, suffering only minor injuries in what marked the fourth such incident along Australia’s busiest coastline in just three days.

    The shark targeted the surfer’s board at Point Plomer, approximately 460 kilometers (290 miles) from New South Wales’ state capital, around 9 a.m., according to officials.

    Despite the scare, the surfer was fortunate to escape with only a few scratches, noted Matt Worrall, captain of the Kempsey-Crescent Head Surf Life Saving Club.

    “The surfboard absorbed the brunt of the attack,” Worrall explained to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. “The surfer managed to paddle back to shore, where local residents came to his aid.”

    These bystanders promptly transported the 39-year-old to a nearby hospital, from which he was subsequently released.

    In related incidents earlier in the week, a man and a boy sustained serious leg injuries, while another boy’s surfboard was damaged in shark attacks at different Sydney beaches on Sunday and Monday.

    Beaches along the New South Wales’ northern coast and northern Sydney were closed indefinitely following the attacks, and electronic drumlines that alert authorities when a large shark has taken bait were deployed off the Sydney coast.

    Authorities warned that recent rainfall has left the water off area beaches murky, which increased the risk of bull shark attacks. Bull sharks are responsible for most attacks around Sydney.

    “If anyone’s thinking of heading into the surf this morning anywhere along the northern beaches, think again. We have such poor water quality that’s really conducive to some bull shark activity,” Surf Life Saving NSW chief executive Steve Pearce said.

    “If you’re thinking about going for a swim, just go to a local pool because at this stage, we’re advising that beaches are unsafe,” Peace added.

    On Sunday, a 12-year-old boy was attacked after jumping from a 6-meter (20-foot) ledge known as Jump Rock near Shark Beach inside Sydney Harbor. Police have credited the boy’s friends with saving his life by jumping from the cliff during the attack and dragging him back to shore.

    “Those actions of those young men are brave under the circumstances and very confronting injuries for those boys to see,” Supt. Joseph McNulty said.

    News media have reported that the boy lost both legs in the attack.

    Around noon Monday, an 11-year-old boy was on a surfboard that was attacked by a shark at Dee Why Beach, an ocean beach north of Manly. The shark bit off a chunk of the board, but the boy escaped uninjured.

    A surfer in his 20s was bitten on a leg by a shark off North Steyne Beach on the Pacific Ocean coast in the northern suburb of Manly at 6:20 p.m. Monday, police said. Bystanders pulled him from the water before an ambulance took him to a hospital in a critical condition.

    All three Sydney beaches have some form of shark protection netting. It was not immediately clear where the attacks occurred in relation to that netting.

    Pearce said the scene of the latest attack was isolated and did not have shark netting.

    Dee Why Beach is close to the beach where a 57-year-old surfer was killed by a suspected white shark last September.

    In November, a 25-year-old Swiss tourist was killed and her partner was seriously injured trying to save her as they swam off a national park north of Sydney.

    Copyright 2026 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Late-night host Stephen Colbert isn't backing down from public dispute with CBS bosses
    • Local news

    Stephen Colbert Stands Firm in Ongoing Disagreement with CBS Executives

    Stephen Colbert finds himself at the center of an unusual clash with…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026

    Tennessee’s Hulsey Bill Aims to Curb Local Property Tax Increases: A Bold Move for Homeowners

    KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) — State Representative Bud Husley, a Republican from Kingsport,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Iran and the US lean into gunboat diplomacy as nuclear talks hang in balance
    • Local news

    Iran and the US Resort to Naval Maneuvers Amid Uncertain Nuclear Negotiations

    DUBAI – In a striking display of military posturing, both Iran and…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026

    Bristol Shooting Case Update: January Incident Leads to Indictment

    A North Carolina resident faces charges including aggravated assault following an officer-involved…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Asian shares advance, tracking a Wall St rally led by Nvidia
    • Local news

    Asian Markets Surge Following Wall Street Rally Driven by Nvidia Gains

    On Thursday, Asian markets enjoyed a positive upswing, inspired by a robust…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    From sizzle to shiver, Central Florida’s wild weather swings ahead
    • Local news

    Central Florida Braces for Drastic Temperature Swings: From Heatwaves to Cold Fronts

    Prepare for a wild ride in town over the next few days…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    UN Security Council to hold high-level meeting on Gaza before Trump's Board of Peace convenes
    • Local news

    UN Security Council Schedules Crucial Gaza Meeting Ahead of Trump’s Peace Panel

    The United Nations Security Council is preparing for a high-stakes meeting this…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Handcuffed woman caught eating cocaine hidden in her ‘personal place,’ Florida sheriff says
    • Local news

    Florida Woman Allegedly Found with Cocaine Hidden in Unusual Spot, Authorities Report

    In an unusual turn of events in Brevard County, Florida, a Palm…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026

    Sullivan County Sheriff Discusses Recent ICE Operation in the Area

    Sullivan County, Tennessee – In a recent development, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy made…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Iran and the US lean into gunboat diplomacy as nuclear talks hang in balance
    • Local news

    Iran and the US Resort to Naval Maneuvers Amid Uncertain Nuclear Negotiations

    DUBAI – In a striking display of military posturing, both Iran and…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Bernie Sanders backs California 'billionaire tax' in event
    • US

    Bernie Sanders Champions California’s Bold ‘Billionaire Tax’ Initiative: A Game-Changer for Wealth Equality

    Senator Bernie Sanders made his stance crystal clear as he expressed his…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Model agency boss who scouted girls for Epstein wanted to testify
    • News

    Agency Executive Linked to Epstein Seeks Opportunity to Testify

    Jean-Luc Brunel, once a leading figure in a top modeling agency, was…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Katherine Ryan's little-known history with her ex after claiming he 'breadcrumbs' their daughter Violet, 16, and 'never pays for anything'
    • World News

    Unveiling Katherine Ryan’s Past: The Real Story Behind Her Ex’s Alleged Neglect of Daughter Violet

    Katherine Ryan shared her candid views on ‘absentee fathers’ during a…
    • Internewscast
    • February 19, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.