Where Mets' final offer to Kyle Tucker stood before he chose Dodgers
Share this @internewscast.com

The New York Mets made a strong play for Kyle Tucker, but their offer ultimately fell short. According to The Post’s Jon Heyman, the Mets proposed a four-year contract worth $220 million to the four-time All-Star outfielder. The deal featured no deferred payments and was structured to pay Tucker $60 million in each of the first two years, followed by $50 million annually for the final two years.

However, the Los Angeles Dodgers outbid the Mets on Thursday, securing Tucker with a four-year, $240 million contract. Reports indicate that the deal includes opt-out clauses after the second and third years, allowing Tucker some flexibility.

Despite the Dodgers deferring $30 million of the contract, it still stands as the highest present value contract in Major League Baseball history when considering average annual value.

While the Toronto Blue Jays were long seen as strong contenders in the race for Tucker, it remains unclear what they ultimately offered. ESPN’s Jeff Passan reported that Toronto was considering a deal that could potentially extend to 10 years.

Tucker’s addition to the Dodgers, the reigning two-time World Series champions, significantly strengthens their outfield lineup. For the Mets, this development represents a considerable challenge as they look to bolster their own outfield options.


Chicago Cubs' Kyle Tucker (30) strikes out during the fifth inning of Game 2 of baseball's National League Division Series against the Milwaukee Brewers Monday, Oct. 6, 2025, in Milwaukee.
Chicago Cubs’ Kyle Tucker (30) strikes out during the fifth inning of Game 2 of baseball’s National League Division Series against the Milwaukee Brewers Monday, Oct. 6, 2025, in Milwaukee. AP

Tucker jumping to the two-time defending World Series champions boosts an obvious need in their outfield, and it also presents the Mets with a challenge in the same part of the diamond.

The Amazin’s traded Brandon Nimmo to the Rangers for second baseman Marcus Semien this offseason, in theory leaving a spot open in left field. Tyrone Taylor is still under contract, and president of baseball operations David Stearns said earlier this offseason that prospect Carson Benge will have a chance to make the team out of spring training. But if it’s those two and Juan Soto as the three starting outfielders on Opening Day remains to be seen.

Cody Bellinger is likely the next best available outfielder on the market, but Heyman reported Thursday that the Yankees have now included two opt-outs in their dogged pursuit to bring him back to The Bronx.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Chicago Bears news today: Indiana lawmakers focus on Hammond as potential Bears stadium site

Indiana’s Bold Play: Hammond Emerges as Top Contender for New Chicago Bears Stadium

CHICAGO (WLS) — In a fresh development, the Chicago Bears have issued…
Second alleged Guthrie ransom deadline missed, sparking new theories from Bongino, former FBI agent and doctor

How Ring’s Neighbors App is Revolutionizing the Search for Missing Seniors: The Nancy Guthrie Case

According to a cybersecurity expert, the Ring ‘Neighbors’ app might play a…
Who is former Prince Andrew? British royal with ties to Epstein arrested on misconduct claims

Former Prince Andrew’s Controversial Connections: Arrested on Misconduct Allegations Tied to Epstein Scandal

In an unprecedented move, a senior member of the British royal family…
Congressional ethics watchdog probes Rep. Tony Gonzales alleged affair with aide who fatally set herself on fire

Congressional Ethics Office Investigates Rep. Tony Gonzales Over Alleged Affair with Aide Involved in Tragic Incident

A congressional ethics watchdog is scrutinizing Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Texas) following allegations…
Climber charged with leaving girlfriend on Austrian mountain to freeze to death tells court she told him to 'go' and find help

Mountaineer Found Guilty in Tragic Death of Girlfriend on Austria’s Tallest Summit

An experienced mountaineer has been convicted of gross negligent manslaughter after leaving…
Acclaimed drector Robert Falls returns to Chicago's Goodman Theatre for hit romantic comedy 'Holiday' based on 1938 movie

Renowned Director Robert Falls Makes Triumphant Return to Goodman’s Stage with the Romantic Comedy ‘Holiday,’ Inspired by the 1938 Classic Film

In the bustling theater scene of Chicago, Robert Falls made his debut…
Rockville Centre's girls, boys basketball teams keep feeding off each other's success

Rockville Centre Basketball Teams Thrive on Mutual Success

The South Side Cyclones basketball teams are riding a wave of impressive…
Trump to release government UFO and 'extraterrestrial life' files

Trump to Unveil Government UFO Files: Potential Revelations on Extraterrestrial Life

In a significant move that has sparked widespread intrigue, President Trump declared…
2 illegal alien 'perverts' allegedly sodomized, beat, ripped fingernails off male victim in NC home invasion

Disturbing NC Home Invasion: Victim Brutalized by Alleged Illegal Immigrants

EXCLUSIVE: In a shocking development out of North Carolina, two men arrested…
Is 'Mr. Clean' actually retiring? Here’s what the brand says of the iconic 'grime-fighter'

Is the Iconic ‘Mr. Clean’ Retiring? Brand Responds to Speculations About the Renowned ‘Grime-Fighter

In a playful twist, Mr. Veritably Clean, the iconic ambassador of cleanliness,…
Kelly Ripa celebrates 25 years of 'Live' with special anniversary show

Kelly Ripa Marks 25 Years on ‘Live’: A Spectacular Anniversary Celebration Unveiled!

NEW YORK — A remarkable chapter unfolds as Kelly Ripa marks a…
New York to stop giving commercial drivers licenses to non-citizens

New York Halts Commercial Driver’s License Issuance to Non-Citizens: Implications for Workforce and Economy

New York state has decided to halt the issuance of driver’s licenses…