The big mistake organisers of anti-mass migration rally have made
Share this @internewscast.com

One of the organizers behind the upcoming rallies against mass migration has conceded that the Sydney march cannot take place on the Harbour Bridge as previously planned, due to the Sydney Marathon being scheduled for the same day.

Thousands of Australians, who identify as patriotic, are set to protest against mass migration on August 31, with events confirmed in six major cities nationwide.

The initial plan was for the Sydney rally to cross over the Harbour Bridge, taking inspiration from the pro-Palestine demonstration earlier this month that halted the CBD.

However, due to a significant planning oversight, the rally’s timing conflicts not only with the marathon—which also takes place on the bridge—but with the routine pro-Palestine protest in the CBD. As a result, organizers have shifted the location to Belmore Park, near Central Station.

It’s understood the August 31 date was chosen by the university student who launched the movement online, without checking the bridge’s availability.

‘When the date was set out at random, the person who chose it wasn’t aware of the events already scheduled in each state,’ explained Sydney rally organizer ‘Bec Freedom’ to 2GB’s Ben Fordham.

She added, ‘Although the roads are blocked, we will still gather at Belmore Park and proceed with the march, which has full police approval.’

Bec Freedom has admitted that a mistake was made when August 31 was 'randomly' chosen for the March for Australia rallies

Bec Freedom has admitted that a mistake was made when August 31 was ‘randomly’ chosen for the March for Australia rallies

The rally clashes with the Sydney Marathon, the city's biggest running event

The rally clashes with the Sydney Marathon, the city’s biggest running event

‘They’ve been working with me, and it’s been great.

‘As good as it would have been to have it on the bridge, we can’t. There’s a marathon on, which happens every single year.’

Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke has condemned the rally as ‘un-Australian.’

‘There is no place in our country for people who seek to divide and undermine our social cohesion,’ he said.

Under the Albanese government, a staggering 457,560 permanent and long-term migrants arrived in Australia last financial year.

That figure included international students who commonly take low-wage jobs while studying, and apply for long-term residency when their course is completed.

The record inflows of migrants have been the major factor in the exponential rise of house prices, consequent mortgage debt, and rental shortages. 

While those factors had sparked resentment among some, left-wing social commentator Abbie Chatfield urged Australians to reject the protests.

The March for Australia movement gained momentum online after a pro-Palestine rally attracted more than 90,000 Sydneysiders earlier this month

The March for Australia movement gained momentum online after a pro-Palestine rally attracted more than 90,000 Sydneysiders earlier this month

Thousands of patriotic Australians will take to the streets on August 31 for March for Australia

Thousands of patriotic Australians will take to the streets on August 31 for March for Australia

‘They claim that it is about cost of living, they claim that it is about Australia gaining itself back, winning Australia back, taking Australia back – from whom, no one knows,’ she said.

Although the March for Australia flyer insists the event is ‘peaceful and not intended to incite hate or violence,’ Freedom has faced backlash over leaked audio from an X Spaces chat in which nationalists needed to use violent confrontation akin to the 2005 Cronulla riots.

‘We need violence, I’m sorry, but we need f**king violence,’ she was heard saying.

‘We’ve done peaceful, peaceful hasn’t done s**t. I don’t think that anything significant is going to change unless something like that does happen again. Until we stand up and do something like that day, I think it’s just going to be repeating.’

Fordham confronted her about the comments.

Freedom apologised for making the comments but claimed that Fordham had taken the clip ‘out of context’.

‘The fact is, if we’re talking about August 31, I’m liaising with the police, I’m making sure our protests avoid the Palestinians for that reason, because my goal is to make sure everyone stays safe,’ she said.

‘That is what I said, yes, and I’ve since apologised for putting fear into anyone. That was not my intent. It was taken the wrong way.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Prince and Princess of Wales Support King’s Response Following Andrew’s Arrest

The Prince and Princess of Wales have publicly endorsed King Charles’ statement…

Former South Korean President Escapes Death Penalty: A Landmark Legal Decision

A former South Korean president has been spared the death penalty after…

Tragic Collision: Teacher Dies in Fatal Crash Involving Undocumented Immigrant Fleeing ICE

A pursuit involving Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) culminated in tragedy when…

Virginia Giuffre’s Family Celebrates as Prince Andrew Faces Arrest: A Landmark Moment in Justice

Virginia Giuffre’s family today celebrated the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, describing it…

Cameron Diaz Goes Makeup-Free in NYC, Igniting Excitement Over Potential ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Reboot

Cameron Diaz chose a fresh-faced look, skipping makeup for a relaxed day…

Tragic End for TV Chef Anne Burrell: The Untold Story Behind Her Heartbreaking Goodbye

In a startling revelation, an investigator came across a ‘suicidal note’ and…

Eugenie’s Subtle Gesture Towards Kate Sparks Interest at First Royal Christmas

Recent observations have rekindled rumors of a less-than-warm relationship between Princess Eugenie…

Heartbroken Husband Breaks Silence: Wife’s Tragic Self-Immolation Linked to Congressman Affair Scandal

The husband of a congressional staff member, who tragically ended her life…

US Mobilizes Largest Aerial Firepower Since Iraq War: Strategic Move in Modern Military Tactics

The United States military has assembled its largest collection of fighter jets…

Desperate Tactics: Russian Soldiers Self-Inflict Wounds for Compensation Amid Ongoing Conflict

Investigators have uncovered a suspected scheme where numerous Russian soldiers reportedly inflicted…

Royal Shock: Andrew’s Arrest Unveiled as Police Keep Raid Hidden from Palace

A police convoy has made its way to Royal Lodge in Windsor…

Andrew Detained During Police Raid at Sandringham Residence on His Birthday

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor found himself in police custody on his 66th birthday after…