Trump ‘FIRES national security officials’ as Pentagon launches probe into group chat blunder that saw war plans leaked
Share this @internewscast.com

PRESIDENT Donald Trump has fired several White House National Security Council officials – and there’s more to come, sources claim.

According to sources, the decision was influenced after far-right activist Laura Loomer urged the Republican to remove staff members she believed were not supportive enough of his agenda.

President Donald Trump speaking in the Oval Office.
US President Donald Trump reacts as he meets NATO Secretary General Mark RutteCredit: Reuters
A warship firing a missile at night.
A cruise missile being fired from the Ticonderoga-class guided-missile cruiser USS Gettysburg (CG 64) at sea during operations against Yemen’s Houthis earlier this monthCredit: AFP
Headshot of a man in a suit speaking.
US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth was said to be in the chatCredit: AFP
Man in suit speaking at podium.
Trump’s vice president JD Vance was also included in the incredible security blunderCredit: Reuters

Loomer reportedly shared her findings with Trump during an Oval Office meeting on Wednesday, where she advocated for the dismissals, insiders revealed.

Participants in the meeting included Vice President JD Vance, Chief of Staff Susie Wiles, National Security Adviser Mike Waltz, and Sergio Gor, the Director of the Presidential Personnel Office, the sources noted.

It is unclear whether the controversy of last month’s Signal messaging thread sent to a journalist has played a detrimental role in the firings.

Staffers fired from the NSC on Thursday reportedly include Brian Walsh, a director for intelligence, as well as Thomas Boodry, a senior director for legislative affairs, and David Feith, a senior director overseeing tech and national security, CBS News reports.

Loomer, who has promoted 9/11 conspiracy theories, was a frequent presence on the campaign trail during Trumps 2024 successful White House run.

More recently, shes been speaking out on social media about some members of Trumps national security team that she insists can’t be trusted.

Loomer said on X: “It was an honor to meet with President Trump and present him with my research findings.

“I will continue working hard to support his agenda, and I will continue reiterating the importance of, and the necessity of STRONG VETTING, for the sake of protecting the President of the United States of America, and our national security.”

It comes as the Pentagon’s acting inspector general revealed that he would review Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s use of the Signal messaging app to communicate plans for a military strike against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The review will also look at other defense officials’ use of the publicly available encrypted app, which isn’t able to handle classified material.

It is also not part of the Defense Department’s secure communications network.

The Sun has approached the White House for comment.

‘Pathetic free-loaders’

Trump’s top team has launched an astonishing broadside against America’s European Allies – branding them “pathetic free-loaders” in leaked messages mistakenly sent to a journalist.

The private Signal chat, used as a virtual war room by Trump’s national security heavyweights, was accidentally shared with Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg, who published the explosive texts.

From pricier trainers to cars… 6 things you need to know about Trump’s tariffs

Goldberg revealed he was included in a messaging chain alongside Trump’s vice president JD Vance in the incredible security blunder.

Several other senior members of the Trump administration were also included such as Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and national security adviser Mike Waltz.

In the exchange, Vice President JD Vance grumbled: “I just hate bailing Europe out again.”

Trump’s defence secretary Pete Hegseth replied: “I fully share your loathing of European free-loading. It’s PATHETIC.”

The disclosure reveals the degree of contempt within the Trump administration for Europe’s contribution to global defense, with Ukraine at the centre of escalating transatlantic tensions.

Other messages saw officials wrangle over US strikes against Houthis in Yemen, with Vance warning they risked clashing with Trump’s hardline stance on Europe.

“I am not sure the president is aware how inconsistent this is with his message on Europe right now,” he wrote.

“There’s a further risk that we see a moderate to severe spike in oil prices.”

Illustration of text messages discussing bailing out Europe.
A representation of what the messages looked like in the chat
Illustration of text messages praising a team's work.
The chat was named Houthi PC small group, containing numerous members of Trump’s top team

Trump national security adviser Mike Waltz, who reportedly added Goldberg to the chat, is now facing the sack – with one insider telling Politico:  “Everyone in the White House can agree on one thing: Mike Waltz is a f***ing idiot.”

On March 15, Trump ordered the massive attack on Houthi rebels in a stark warning to the militants and their Iranian backers.

The US president ordered the series of airstrikes on capital Sanaa in response to the terror group’s attacks on Red Sea shipping.

Jeffrey Goldberg revealed he was aware of the plans as he published an article today headlined: “The Trump Administration Accidentally Texted Me Its War Plans.”

In the story, Goldberg claimed he spoke with Waltz on the Signal messaging app on March 11.

Days later he was invited to join a chain called the “Houthi PC small group”.

Signal is a private messaging app which is often used to keep texts private and untraceable.

Goldberg claimed that when he was added into the chat he was given the callsign “JG”.

He believes this may have been down to Waltz mistaking his number for Jamieson Greer, the US Trade Representative, due to the initials.

On March 13, Waltz messaged those in the chat and asked them to provide him with the best point of contact from their team who would be able to help with the coming weekend. 

Trump’s Liberation Day Tariffs signed in on Executive Order

Goldberg then revealed a text from Waltz at 8:05am a day later which read: “Team, you should have a statement of conclusions with tasking per the Presidents [sic] guidance this morning in your high side inboxes.”

High side refers to the US government’s classified computer systems.

JD Vance is then said to have messaged the group saying: “I think we are making a mistake.”

He added: “[Three] percent of US trade runs through the [Suez Canal]. 40 percent of European trade does.

“There is a real risk that the public doesn’t understand this or why it’s necessary. The strongest reason to do this is, as POTUS said, to send a message.”

Hegseth replied: “I understand your concerns.”

Before arguing “messaging is going to be tough no matter what – nobody knows who the Houthis are”.

Man in suit speaking to a woman.
Jeffrey Goldberg, editor in chief of the Atlantic magazine, revealed he was included in a messaging chain
People surveying bomb damage.
Further US strikes have left Yemen covered in rubble in recent daysCredit: EPA
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Jennifer Lopez Dazzles at George Clooney’s Broadway Debut, Reminding Ben Affleck of What He’s Missing

Jennifer Lopez looked dressed for revenge as she wowed in a plunging black…

Suspect in Washington, D.C. stabbing spree arrested after ‘randomly attacking 6 people in a drug-induced rampage’

SIX people have been hospitalized following a random mass stabbing in Washington…

Report: Iran Shifts Strategy Following Trump’s Action Against Houthis in Yemen

Iran is beating a retreat from Yemen, where it has backed the…

Virginia Giuffre’s Car Crash Driver Speaks Out, Calls on Prince Andrew’s Accuser to Clarify Events

THE driver in Virginia Giuffre’s car during the mysterious school bus crash…

Prince Andrew Unfazed by Virginia Giuffre’s Alarming ‘4 Days to Live’ Post Following Accident, Friends Reveal

FRIENDS of Prince Andrew say he’s “unsurprised” that his accuser Virginia Giuffre…

Ole Miss Freshman Mary Kate Cornett Considers Lawsuit Against ESPN’s Pat McAfee After Misleading Viral Hoax

What started as an anonymous post on YikYak, a social media app…

ODOT Announces 2025 Construction Plans in Northeast Ohio: Upcoming Projects on I-90, I-77, and Route 8

ODOT announced its slate of 2025 construction projects for Northeast Ohio on…

2025 Margaret Mead Film Festival Lineup Unveiled: Featuring Sundance Winner ‘Seeds,’ ‘Viktor,’ ‘The Shepherd And The Bear,’ Plus Additional Films

EXCLUSIVE: The Margaret Mead Film Festival – the longest-running documentary showcase in…

Pentagon Inspector General to Investigate Hegseth’s Use of Signal App for Communicating Houthi Strike Plans

Hegseth’s use of the app came to light when a journalist, Jeffrey…

Russian TV Duped by April Fool’s Prank Featuring Speedy Striped Aircraft Carrier ‘HMS Prince Andrew’

RUSSIAN state TV fell for an April Fool’s story about a new…

Mel Gibson Regains Gun Rights After DOJ Attorney is Fired

The U.S. Justice Department has reportedly reversed its decision not to reinstate…

“Baker County Family Urges Awareness After 10-Month-Old’s Preventable Hot Car Tragedy”

Ariya Paige was the 16th child to die in 2023 after being…