Trump 'briefed on options for striking Iran' as Tehran issues threats

President Donald Trump has been briefed on possible military actions against Iran following his statement expressing readiness to support protesters facing repression from the Ayatollah’s government.

While the President has yet to decide on launching an attack against Iran, insiders have informed the New York Times that he is contemplating authorizing military strikes in retaliation to the regime’s harsh crackdown on demonstrators.

Mass protests have erupted in Tehran, with thousands of Iranians rallying against the theocratic leadership, which they blame for the ongoing economic turmoil and severe hyperinflation.

According to the Times, Trump has been briefed on a range of strategic options, including targeting nonmilitary facilities within the Iranian capital.

This development comes amid reports of hundreds of protesters potentially being killed by Iranian security forces over the weekend as the religious regime fiercely tries to maintain control.

The ruling authorities have reportedly issued a dire warning, labeling anyone who joins the protests as an ‘enemy of God,’ a crime punishable by death. A witness told CNN that she had seen bodies ‘piled up’ at a local hospital.

Meanwhile, Iran has warned Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the US military and Israel would be ‘legitimate targets’ if the US strikes Tehran.  

Parliament Speaker Mohammad ‍Baqer ‍Qalibaf gave the warning in a speech to parliament in the Iranian capital, while lawmakers shouted ‘death to America’. 

Donald Trump has been briefed on options for potential strikes on Iran, after he said he was 'ready to help' protesters facing a crackdown from the Ayatollah's regime

Donald Trump has been briefed on options for potential strikes on Iran, after he said he was ‘ready to help’ protesters facing a crackdown from the Ayatollah’s regime

Images appeared to show a huge fire ripping through a government building in Karaj, near Tehran

Images appeared to show a huge fire ripping through a government building in Karaj, near Tehran

‘In the event of an attack on Iran, both the occupied territory and all American military centers, bases and ships in the region will be our legitimate targets,’ Qalibaf said. 

‘We do not consider ourselves limited to reacting after the action and will act based on any objective signs of a threat.’ 

President Trump last week warned Iran would ‘get hit very hard’ if it repeated the mass killings of previous uprisings.

In a post on his Truth Social network on Saturday, he said: ‘Iran is looking at FREEDOM, perhaps like never before. The USA stands ready to help!!!’ It was reported last night that the White House has held ‘preliminary discussions’ on plans for a potential strike against Iran.

The State Department separately warned: ‘Do not play games with President Trump. When he says he’ll do something, he means it.’ 

Trump previously struck three nuclear facilities in Iran during Operation Midnight Hammer on June 22, 2025. 

The US Air Force used B-2 Spirit stealth bombers while the Navy launched Tomahawk missiles from submarines, together striking the Fordow Uranium Enrichment Plant, the Natanz Nuclear Facility, and the Isfahan Nuclear Technology Center. 

With the internet down in Iran and phone lines cut off, gauging the demonstrations from abroad has grown more difficult. 

But the death toll in the protests has grown, while 2,600 others have been detained, according to the US-based Human Rights Activists News Agency.

Those abroad fear the information blackout will embolden hard-liners within Iran’s security services to launch a bloody crackdown, despite warnings from Trump he’s willing to strike Iran to protect peaceful demonstrators. 

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad ‍Baqer ‍Qalibaf gave the warning in a speech to parliament in the Iranian capital, while lawmakers shouted 'death to America'

Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad ‍Baqer ‍Qalibaf gave the warning in a speech to parliament in the Iranian capital, while lawmakers shouted ‘death to America’

It remains unclear just how serious Iran is about launching a strike, particularly after seeing its air defenses destroyed during the 12-day war in June with Israel. 

Any decision to go to war would rest with Iran’s 86-year-old Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

The US military has said in the Mideast it is ‘postured with forces that span the full range of combat capability to defend our forces, our partners and allies and US. interests.’

Iran targeted US forces at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar back in June, while the US. Navy’s Mideast-based 5th Fleet is stationed in the island kingdom of Bahrain.

Israel, meanwhile, is ‘watching closely’ the situation, between the US and Iran, said an Israeli official, who spoke on condition of anonymity due to not being authorized to speak to journalists. 

Netanyahu spoke with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio overnight on topics including Iran, the official added.

You May Also Like

Sardinian Coast Faces Surge of Tourist Party Boats as Locals Raise Alarm

Some of Sardinia’s most treasured coastal beauty spots are under mounting pressure…

Selma Blair Leads Celebrity Tributes Following Hayden Panettiere Family Tragedy

Selma Blair was among the earliest celebrities to publicly mourn Hayden Panettiere…

Inside Cristiano Ronaldo & Georgina Rodríguez’s Intimate Wedding

Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez have made it official, tying the knot…

Hayden Panettiere Says Brother Jansen’s Death Was Her Biggest Heartbreak

Hayden Panettiere once broke down as she spoke about the death of…

Hayden Panettiere on Why She Never Stopped Choosing Daughter

Hayden Panettiere has said she “never stopped choosing” her daughter, Kaya, while…

Trump Orders Scaled-Back U.S. Military Drills With South Korea

President Donald Trump has directed the Pentagon to significantly reduce planned joint…

Commander Dismisses USS Lincoln Complaints as Old News

A senior US Navy admiral has pushed back on widely circulated reports…

Todd Blanche Raises Doubts Over FBI’s Role in Nancy Guthrie Search

Attorney General Todd Blanche has questioned whether the FBI should assume control…

Iran Offers Cash Bounty for Capture or Killing of US Troops

Iran has announced a cash bounty for anyone who captures or kills…

Texts Show Fauci Was Privately Alerted to Questions About COVID Vaccines and Miscarriages

WASHINGTON — Dr. Anthony Fauci was told privately in January 2021 that…

Hundreds of Migrants Rush Ceuta Border in Dramatic Attempt to Enter Spanish Enclave

Hundreds of migrants attempted to force their way into Ceuta in what…

Netflix Lockerbie Drama Brings Back My Brush With Death

For six agonizing hours, Surinder Basuta sat in New York with the…