5.9k Share this

The U.S. believes that two recent North Korean missile tests featured a new intercontinental ballistic missile system that was initially revealed during a parade in 2020, according to a statement from Pentagon press secretary John Kirby.

“The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) conducted two ballistic missile tests on February 26 and March 4, 2022 EST. Based on analysis of these launches, the United States Government has concluded that these launches involved a new Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) system that the DPRK is developing, which was originally unveiled during the Korean Workers Party parade on October 10, 2020,” Kirby said.

“The purpose of these tests, which did not demonstrate ICBM range, was likely to evaluate this new system before conducting a test at full range in the future, potentially disguised as a space launch,” he noted.

Kirby said that the tests mark a flagrant breach of United Nations Security Council resolutions.

“The United States strongly condemns these launches, which are a brazen violation of multiple United Nations Security Council resolutions, needlessly raise tensions and risk destabilizing the security situation in the region,” he said.

He also declared that America remains dedicated to defending South Korea and Japan.

“Earlier this week, U.S. Indo-Pacific Command ordered intensified surveillance activity in the Yellow Sea, as well as enhanced readiness among our ballistic missile defense forces in the region. Our commitment to the defense of the Republic of Korea and Japan remains ironclad. We have been and will continue to coordinate closely with our allies and partners to address the threats posed by the DPRK and to advance our shared objective of the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula,” he said.

The Associated Press reported that during Biden’s tenure, the administration has reached out in attempts to get North Korea to negotiate. But the outlet reported that according to a senior U.S. administration official, North Korea has been unresponsive to the U.S. requests.

Source: TheBlaze

5.9k Share this
You May Also Like

Ministers prepare plan to help three million of the lowest paid, relief on energy bills

A triple tax cut to ease the cost of living crisis is…

Justice Department Announcement on Hate Crimes

The U.S. Justice Department (DOJ) will unveil new guidelines Friday to prevent…

We Need Social Media Oversight to Monitor ‘Domestic Extremist Terrorists’

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) Thursday on MSNBC’s “Hallie Jackson Reports” called for…

Ricky Morgan guilty of ‘Terminator’ tube attack

A ‘Terminator’ Tube attacker has been found guilty of hacking at a…

There Will Be ‘High-Level Prosecutions of People Close to Donald Trump’

On Thursday, during MSNBC’s “All In,” former Attorney General Eric Holder predicted…

NBA and Owners Have More than $10 Billion Invested in Red China

Not only does the NBA and its various owners have more than…

‘Tucker Carlson Should Be Arrested and Tried for Sedition’

Bette Midler, star of Disney’s upcoming Hocus Pocus 2, routinely doles out left-wing…

Kate Middleton dazzles as she joins Prince William at Top Gun: Maverick premiere

The Duchess of Cambridge channelled her inner Hollywood starlet as she joined…