Share this @internewscast.com
Angry Alec Baldwin (who punched man over parking spot) slams ex-NFL player Brendan Langley for punching United Airlines employee and says he should be put on no-fly list
- The brawl happened at the United Airlines bag drop desk at Newark Airport in New Jersey on Thursday May 19
- Brendan Langley is the passenger filmed trading blows with the unnamed United Airlines worker
- Langley played briefly in the NFL before joining the Calgary Stampeders for one season last year
- Footage of the fight does not show how it began – all of what has been released so far shows the worker throwing the first punch
- He was fired on Monday but he has not yet been charged by Port Authority, whereas Langley was
- Langley was accused of using a wheelchair to transport his luggage instead of a paid-for luggage cart
- He was booked by Port Authority for a single charge of assault but the airline worker was not charged
- Do you know the United Airlines worker in the video? Email [email protected]
Alec Baldwin has weighed in on the fight between former NFL Player Brendan Langely and a United Airlines employee, who has been fired after video of the altercation went viral.
The 30 Rock star insisted in a tweet on Tuesday that the airline employee ‘is the victim’ – even after footage showed him slapping Langley around the face, before the ex-NFL star responded by punching him in the face.
Baldwin even said Langley was ‘guilty of work place abuse’ and insisted that he ‘should be put on the no fly list’.
Videos showed Langley and the employee sparring – and all of the footage that has been released so far shows the airline worker throwing the first punch. Langley could even be heard asking the employee to stop hitting him.
But Langley, who once played in the NFL for the Denver Broncos and most recently played for the Calgary Stampeders in Canada, was the only one arrested.
It’s unclear why the airline worker was not booked. He was taken to the hospital instead to be treated for a wound to his eye whereas Langley was booked on a single count of simple assault on Thursday.
It is believed that the fight began when Langley used a wheelchair to transport his luggage, instead of a paid-for luggage cart which cost $5.
United Airlines has refused to name the passenger or explain exactly what happened but a spokesman told DailyMail.com the worker has now been fired.
Alec Baldwin has weighed in on the fight between former NFL Player Brendan Langely and a United Airlines employee, who has been fired after video of the altercation went viral
Brendan Langley was arrested at the airport on Thursday for ‘assaulting’ the United Airlines worker. Video of the brawl went viral, right
A United Airlines worker hit a passenger at an airport check-in desk before being punched to the ground
The employee is left bloodied on a luggage conveyor belt after the vicious brawl at Newark Airport
Footage shared online shows the staffer struggling on his feet after suffering several heavy blows to the head
The United worker managed to land one punch but was then pummeled to the ground, flying behind the check-in desk and onto the carousel.
He staggered back up to his feet, stumbling towards the passenger who yelled incredulously: ‘He wants more? He wants more!’
Other airline workers intervened and the passenger was then removed from the airport by police.
United would not state whether the airline worker has been disciplined for his role in the fight.
In a statement, a spokesman said only: ‘United Airlines does not tolerate violence of any kind at our airports or on board our planes and we are working with local authorities to further investigate this matter.’
Port Authority would not comment on whether or not charges were expected against the United worker.
Langley, 27, has not commented on the arrest. He is from Georgia but recently was living in Calgary
Footage being shared does not show the start of the altercation but it does show the employee striking the passenger in the face