Hamas working to 'sabotage' Trump-backed aid group with 'fake news': Israeli official
Share this @internewscast.com

The Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF), supported by the U.S. and Israel, has distributed around 70 million meals to Gazans since May. However, its aid distribution efforts have been consistently targeted by attacks from Hamas and opposition from unexpected quarters, namely some of the world’s leading aid organizations.

Earlier this month, Philippe Lazzarini, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) Commissioner-General, called for an “end to the so-called Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF),” claiming it brings nothing but “starvation and gunfire” to Gaza’s people. He further described it as an “abomination.”

His statement highlighted that 230 NGOs, including Amnesty International, Oxfam International, the Norwegian Refugee Council, and Save the Children, had endorsed an open letter criticizing GHF and advocated for returning to the U.N.-led aid distribution model.

GHF released a statement Friday as the war of words continued. 

“These false and misleading stats come directly from the Hamas-controlled Gaza Health Ministry,” the statement said. “The U.N.’s reliance and coordination with a terrorist organization to falsely smear our effort is not only disturbing but should be investigated by the international community.” 

Hamas has responded violently to GHF’s arrival on the aid scene. Acree said that GHF’s operation “is going against [Hamas’] system of stealing foreign aid, of controlling the market prices, of basically robbing the Palestinians that live in Gaza of their livelihoods and their economic welfare, and we’re breaking that.” 

So far, 12 Palestinian GHF staff members have been killed and possibly submitted to “summary execution” on June 11. On July 5, two “highly decorated” U.S. veterans working with GHF were harmed in a grenade attack at a GHF distribution site.

hamas fighters

Hamas terrorists stand in formation as Palestinians gather on a street to watch the handover of three Israeli hostages to a Red Cross team in Deir el-Balah, central Gaza, Feb. 8, 2025. (Majdi Fathi/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Acree said that GHF is evolving. The organization “did not expect the desperation” it encountered. 

“We’ve been told by the Gazans this is the first time they’ve ever received free aid or food, and they’ve had to pay for it up til now,” he said. To counter that desperation, Acree said that GHF is “taking measures now to help tap that tension and to help them understand that we’re there to help and relieve that hunger.” 

He said the group still needs “more aid. We still need a lot more help,” which includes partnerships with the U.N. and NGOs. 

The U.S. Agency for Infrastructure and Development has given $30 million to the GHF. Two sources who spoke to Reuters said the U.S. may approve $30 million per month in grants to the GHF in the future.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Chinese cyberattack campaign likely impacted every American, former FBI official says

Massive Chinese Cyberattack Allegedly Affects Every American, Claims Ex-FBI Official

An alarming revelation from a former FBI official suggests that nearly every…
Leaked Texts Tie AG Barr’s Daughter to Candace Owens Blackmail

Explosive Leak: AG Barr’s Daughter Entangled in Candace Owens Blackmail Scandal

Leaked text messages published by Project Veritas have sparked a fresh controversy…
How Nazi war criminal Josef Mengele evaded capture in Latin America, revealed in declassified files

Unveiled Secrets: How Nazi War Criminal Josef Mengele Eluded Justice in Latin America

Earlier this year, Argentine President Javier Milei made significant strides in transparency…
New video emerges of DC National Guard shooting as soldier clings to life

Shocking Footage Released: DC National Guard Incident Leaves Soldier Critically Injured

New video emerges of DC National Guard shooting Fox News correspondent Madeleine…
Hegseth slams report on boat strike targeting attack survivors, denies war crimes

Hegseth Criticizes Allegations of Boat Strike on Attack Survivors, Refutes War Crime Claims

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has vehemently dismissed allegations suggesting that he commanded…
National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe still ‘fighting for his life’ after DC shooting

National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe in Critical Condition Following Washington, D.C. Shooting

In a harrowing incident in Washington, D.C., West Virginia National Guardsman Andrew…
Pope Leo tours Istanbul's famous Blue Mosque, declines to pray alongside imam

Pope Leo Visits Istanbul’s Iconic Blue Mosque, Chooses Not to Pray with Imam

Pope Leo XIV visited Istanbul’s renowned Blue Mosque on Saturday, choosing to…
Rioters throw trash, garbage cans at ICE vehicles in New York City; multiple arrests

New York City Chaos: Rioters Target ICE Vehicles with Trash Barrage, Prompting Multiple Arrests

Authorities have confirmed that multiple arrests took place on Saturday following an…
Rangers fail to duplicate road success at MSG, fall to 2-8-1 at home after loss to Lightning

Rangers Struggle to Replicate Road Triumphs at MSG, Suffer 2-8-1 Home Record with Loss to Lightning

By Allan Kreda The New York Rangers are currently leading the NHL…
Intel Official Busted for Selling Top Secret Info to Foreign Nation Because He Was ‘Disturbed’ by Trump

Kash Patel Reveals Compelling Updates on Comey Case and the Use of ‘Burn Bags

Recently, a judge dismissed the case against former FBI Director James Comey…
JSO employee arrested for trying to meet minor for sex in St. Johns County

Tragic Discovery: Authorities Investigate Fatal Incident Following Gunfire in Southside Area

Authorities have assured the public that the incident appears to be a…
Rubio, Witkoff meet with Ukrainian officials in push to finalize deal after Zelenskyy's top negotiator resigns

Rubio and Witkoff Engage with Ukrainian Officials to Conclude Deal Following Resignation of Zelenskyy’s Chief Negotiator

In a significant diplomatic push, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. Special…