Share this @internewscast.com
WASHINGTON — In a candid interview on Sunday, border czar Tom Homan underscored the ongoing tension between himself and Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem.
During a segment on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Homan notably refrained from defending Noem when host Jake Tapper cited a Minnesota politician’s criticism of her and former Border Patrol commander Greg Bovino, labeling their actions as “insane.”
Tapper relayed to Homan, “I spoke with a local official from Minnesota who said, ‘Homan has been straightforward with us. His background as a career law enforcement officer makes him easier to work with because he understands how to communicate with our police.’”

This official further criticized Noem and Bovino, stating they “were not there to accomplish anything meaningful but were merely putting on a show.”
Homan downplayed the criticism directed at Noem and Bovino, explaining his approach during his deployment to Minnesota by President Trump. “I’ve simply continued to operate as I have for the past 40 years,” he said.
He also acknowledged having differences of opinion with Noem, which seemingly confirms the power struggle that has persisted since the Trump administration began.

Behind the scenes, Homan has preferred to prioritize targeting criminal illegal aliens, while Noem has wanted to go after everyone in the US illegally and conduct broad-based sweeps.
Last week, Homan announced the end of Operation Metro Surge in Minnesota, which began late last year in response to a massive fraud scandal that has roiled the state.