Share this @internewscast.com
Canadian border authorities recently intercepted close to 600 pounds of a substance believed to be methamphetamine at the U.S.-Canada border earlier this month.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) revealed the details of the bust on Tuesday, although the incident actually took place on February 4. The suspect, a 29-year-old Canadian named Kulbir Singh, was allegedly transporting the drugs from the United States into Canada.
According to the CBSA’s statement, on February 4, 2026, a commercial truck crossing the Blue Water Bridge port of entry from the U.S. was flagged by a CBSA officer for further inspection. During this secondary examination, officers, assisted by a detector dog, discovered 16 duffle bags filled with what is suspected to be methamphetamine inside the trailer.
The total weight of these narcotics was approximately 266.4 kilograms, equivalent to just over 587 pounds.

The CBSA has noted that nearly 600 pounds of suspected methamphetamine was seized at the U.S. border on February 4, 2026.
Singh now faces charges under Canadian law for the importation of methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine with the intent to distribute.
The CBSA in Southern Ontario says it has seized 616.5 kg of methamphetamine coming from the United States since January 2025.
The announcement comes amid chafing relations between Canada and President Donald Trump’s administration, with Trump complaining last week about Ottawa’s tariff plans and negotiations with China.

President Donald Trump has criticized Canada’s economic policies. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci, File)
In an effort to bring Canada to the negotiating table, Trump said he would not allow the opening of the Gordie Howe International Bridge, which is named after the legendary Canadian ice hockey player who played for the Detroit Red Wings. The bridge, which is currently under construction, will connect Detroit and Windsor, Ontario.
“I will not allow this bridge to open until the United States is fully compensated for everything we have given them, and also, importantly, Canada treats the United States with the Fairness and Respect that we deserve,” Trump wrote.
“We will start negotiations, IMMEDIATELY. With all that we have given them, we should own, perhaps, at least one half of this asset,” he added.

Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney speaks with media on Parliament Hill in Ottawa. (Adrian Wyld/The Canadian Press via AP)
He cited the removal of U.S. alcohol products from Canadian liquor store shelves in Ontario.
Trump has previously accused Canada of taking advantage of U.S. trade policies. In his post, Trump said Canada has moved forward with building the bridge with “virtually no U.S. content.”