Suspected Cincinnati beating 'coordinator' granted bond again after federal drug arrest
Share this @internewscast.com

A man arrested and charged in connection with the viral July 26 beatdown in the streets of downtown Cincinnati has once again been granted bond after he was rearrested on federal charges earlier this week. 

Jermaine Mathews, 39, stood before a federal judge on Wednesday for a bond hearing after he was arrested on Aug. 25 and charged with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute 40 grams or more of fentanyl, and operating a premises for the purpose of trafficking narcotics.

Prosecutor Anthony Springer argued that Mathews should remain in custody, and showed the prosecution photos of Mathews allegedly beating 45-year-old victim Alex Tchervinski during the viral July assault, according to WLWT. 

Suspect in the viral Cincinnati brawl is brought into court

Jermaine Mathews is brought before Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Judge, Alan Triggs for his arraignment, Cincinnati, Ohio, Thursday, Aug. 14, 2025. The charges stem from a downtown beating on July 26, 2025. (Matthew Symons for Fox News Digital)

Fox News Digital reached out to Blackney. 

The viral beating caused fury as it spread across the internet, as several Black suspects were seen pummeling two White victims on the corner of Fourth and Elm Streets. 

Tchervinski was one of those victims. However, he was charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly slapping someone during the assault, which can be seen in the viral video. 

His attorney said the slap happened after he had already been hit several times, and claimed that, in total, Tchervinski was hit in the head 28 times during the attack.

A second victim, Holly, was left with brain trauma. She said she does not know the extent to which she will recover. 

Jermaine Matthews' mugshot

Jermaine Mathews was arrested in connection with a brutal beatdown outside a nightclub in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Cincinnati Police Department)

Five others have been charged locally with three counts of felonious assault, three counts of assault and two counts of aggravated rioting, and another person has been charged with robbery stemming from the incident.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Karen Read murder case verdict reached after deadlocked first trial

Karen Read Declares Major Defeat for Prosecutors in First Interview Since Being Found Not Guilty

Karen Read has spoken publicly for the first time since being acquitted…
Remember the U. of Wyoming Sorority Sisters Forced to Accept a Transgender Member? Here's the Latest

Update on the University of Wyoming Sorority and Their Transgender Member Controversy

Despite President Donald Trump and his highly regarded administration performing exceptionally well,…

Court Denies Saudi Arabia’s Request to Dismiss Allegations of 9/11 Hijacker Support

In New York, a federal judge ruled on Thursday against Saudi Arabia’s…
Sister of Bama Rush star quits high-profile sorority recruitment described by coach as ‘psychological warfare’

Sister of Bama Rush Star Withdraws from Intense Sorority Recruitment Dubbed ‘Psychological Warfare’ by Coach

Izzy Darnell, the younger sister of University of Alabama senior and Zeta…
Wealthy enclave's sewage reveals higher than average cocaine levels in the water

Affluent neighborhood’s wastewater shows elevated cocaine concentrations compared to average

The sewer systems in the exclusive getaway of Nantucket, New England, have…
Chicago Police Department preps for possible deployment of National Guard troops on orders from President Donald Trump

The Chicago Police Department is preparing for the potential arrival of National Guard troops, as directed by President Donald Trump.

CHICAGO (WLS) — The Chicago Police Department is gearing up for the…
Barry Hayes accused of hitting CPD officers with car after Englewood railcar burglary, Chicago police shooting on Princeton Avenue

Barry Hayes Allegedly Hits Chicago Police Officers with Car Following Englewood Railcar Burglary and Shooting on Princeton Avenue

A man from Chicago, aged 32, is facing charges of attempted first-degree…

Retrial Ordered for Three Former Memphis Officers Linked to Tyre Nichols’ Fatal Beating

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — On Thursday, a judge mandated a new trial…
Grieving father calls Minneapolis shooter a 'coward' who took life of his 8-year-old son Fletcher during Mass

Heartbroken Father Denounces Minneapolis Gunman as ‘Coward’ for Killing His 8-Year-Old Son Fletcher at Church

The father of one of two victims who died in a shooting…
Rhode Island prosecutor in viral arrest video slapped with 6-month suspension, pleads in court

Rhode Island Prosecutor Caught in Viral Arrest Video Receives 6-Month Suspension and Enters Court Plea

The Rhode Island assistant attorney general, who gained public attention after a…
Florida extends execution record after man convicted of triple murder dies by lethal injection

Florida Continues Execution Record with Lethal Injection of Man Convicted of Triple Murder

A Florida man who was found guilty of murdering his girlfriend, her…
Father of boy killed in Minneapolis church shooting: Remember his love, not the violence

Grieving Father Urges Focus on Love and Legacy After Son’s Tragic Death in Minneapolis Church Shooting

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — As the families of the two Catholic school students…