Share this @internewscast.com
EXCLUSIVE: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has unveiled a video tribute to an Illinois woman whose tragic death has drawn significant attention. Her body was reportedly hidden in a storage container and covered with bleach by an undocumented immigrant, who remained at large until federal authorities intervened.
The remains of 37-year-old Megan Bos were discovered by Waukegan Police Department officers in April 2025. Bos, who had been reported missing a month prior, was found in a container on the property of Luis Mendoza-Gonzalez, a Mexican national, according to DHS.
It is alleged that Bos was visiting 52-year-old Mendoza, who claimed she was under the influence of drugs. Mendoza informed investigators that he found Bos unresponsive and presumed she had died from an overdose.

Jose Luis Mendoza-Gonzalez, the undocumented immigrant, is accused of storing Megan Bos’ body in a container on his premises and later covering it with bleach. (Image: Department of Homeland Security)
According to DHS, Mendoza initially kept Bos’ body in his basement for several days. He then disposed of her remains in a garbage can in his yard, where they remained, doused with bleach, for nearly two months.
Mendoza faces charges including concealing a body, abuse of a corpse, two counts of concealing the death of a person, and obstructing justice—each classified as a felony. However, none of these charges qualified as detainable under Illinois’ sanctuary laws, as indicated by DHS.
After a court hearing, Lake County Judge Randie Bruno released Mendoza from custody. He was eventually arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers in Chicago on July 19, 2025.
“Our hearts break for the family of Megan Bos, a victim of illegal alien crime completely abandoned by the sanctuary policies of Illinois and JB Pritzker,” said DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin.
“This is why we do what we do. Under the leadership of President Trump and Secretary Noem, DHS is prioritizing the lives of innocent Americans victimized by illegal aliens. “

Megan Bos, 37, was reported missing and later found dead in Jose Luis Mendoza-Gonzalez’s yard. (DHS)
McLaughlin noted that 70% of ICE arrests are of illegal immigrants charged with or convicted of crimes in the United States.
In a video honoring Bos, her mother, Jennifer Bos, criticized the treatment of ICE officers as they continue to target criminal illegal immigrants across the country. In Minneapolis, federal authorities have clashed with agitators during enforcement operations, resulting in deadly shootings in two cases.

The mother of Megan Bos is criticizing Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker’s resistance to federal immigration enforcement after her daughter’s death. (Scott Olson/Getty Images; Jennifer Bos)
“I hate that ICE is being treated the way they are. Please hold strong, please keep doing it, please don’t give up. I know, for me, I’m so grateful that you’re doing it. And there’s so many people who are so grateful that you’re there doing that,” said Jennifer Bos. “Every crime that is committed by somebody who does not belong here is a crime that could have been prevented.
“It didn’t have to happen. They’re doing horrible things, and people like (Illinois) Governor Pritzker are protecting them anyway,” she added. “We’re just asking to get rid of the criminals who hurt our families.”
The Trump administration has sued several states over sanctuary laws, which critics say protect illegal immigrants and criminals while posing a public safety risk. The administration sued Illinois and several other states over the matter.
In July 2025, a federal judge dismissed the suit against Illinois, citing overreach by the federal government.