Video shows suspected arsonist set fire at Ontario Mills Mall

Footage Reveals Suspected Arsonist Igniting Blaze at Ontario Mills Mall

A shocking video has emerged capturing the moment a suspected arsonist set fire to a True Religion jeans store within a Southern California shopping mall, marking a troubling series of blazes at this bustling retail hub.

Shoppers watched in alarm as flames engulfed the clothing retailer in Ontario Mills, a sprawling outlet mall located not far from where a massive Kimberly-Clark warehouse was reportedly set ablaze in another suspected arson incident earlier in the week.

The footage reveals the fire rapidly reaching the ceiling of the True Religion store, prompting panicked customers to flee through the front entrance into the mall’s main corridors.

As smoke billowed from the store, emergency responders, including police and firefighters, quickly arrived on the scene to tackle the situation.

The video captures officers as they apprehend a suspect, described as a man with a mustache and dark hair, forcefully restraining and handcuffing him on the floor while stunned bystanders looked on.

Ontario Fire Department Battalion Chief Scot Roeber reported that emergency services were dispatched to the mall shortly before 11 a.m., where they discovered multiple fires burning within several stores.

“First arriving companies found several fires in different stores in one immediate area inside the mall,” said Rober.  

“All of those fires were suspicious, and they have all been extinguished,” he added.  

Ontario Fire officials would not specify how many stores were set on fire.

Fire officials said a man suspected of setting at least one of the fires was taken into custody by police.

Police and fire officials would not identify the suspect. They would not give any hint of the man’s motives.

There were no reports of injuries and all the fires in the mall have been extinguished, officials said.  

The mall will remain closed until further notice and an investigation remains ongoing, police said.  

With 28 million annual visitors, Ontario Mills is known as one of the is one of the top shopping and tourist destinations in California.

The dramatic alleged arson at Ontario Mills struck a community already rattled by the massive Kimberly-Clarke warehouse arson that occurred less than 10 miles away on Tuesday.

Rober said there is no evidence the two fires are linked but an investigation is ongoing.

Federal prosecutors Friday revealed that the angry warehouse worker accused of deliberately torching the 1.2-million-square-foot Kimberly-Clark warehouse near Ontario Mills compared himself to alleged corporate healthcare assassin Luigi Mangione. 

Prosecutors say that Chamel Abdulkarim made a series of angry posts about his employer and also chanted about being underpaid in a video posted online that he allegedly made of himself starting the blaze.

In the clip allegedly taken by Abdulkarim, he can be heard saying, “all you had to do was pay us enough to live,” as he sets pallets loaded with paper goods alight.  

Abdulkarim is being held by police and is scheduled for arraignment next week on seven felony arson charges.

Abdulkarim, 29, of Highland faces life in prison if convicted.

Nobody was hurt in the warehouse blaze that is estimated to have caused $500 million in damage.  

You May Also Like

Lindsay Clancy Attorney Rips Tone-Deaf Prosecutors in Case - Internewscast Journal

Lindsay Clancy Attorney Rips Tone-Deaf Prosecutors in Case

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, contact the…
Marc Jacobs Faces Backlash for Saying He’d Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione at Murder Trial - Internewscast Journal

Marc Jacobs Faces Backlash for Saying He’d Dress ‘Trendsetter’ Luigi Mangione at Murder Trial

Marc Jacobs is facing backlash after saying he would be willing to…
Marc Jacobs Says He’d Dress Luigi Mangione for Trial in Candid Podcast Interview - Internewscast Journal

Marc Jacobs Says He’d Dress Luigi Mangione for Trial in Candid Podcast Interview

Marc Jacobs says he would not rule out dressing Luigi Mangione for…
Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation - Internewscast Journal

Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation

The training exercise quickly took a chaotic turn. A Florida sheriff’s office…
Salvadoran Immigrant Alexis Cedillos-Campos Arrested in Killing of Virginia Co-Worker Carmen Puch, Police Say - Internewscast Journal

Salvadoran Immigrant Alexis Cedillos-Campos Arrested in Killing of Virginia Co-Worker Carmen Puch, Police Say

A 19-year-old undocumented immigrant from El Salvador has been accused of killing…
Family Checks Vegas Morgues for Missing New York Grandmother - Internewscast Journal

Family Checks Vegas Morgues for Missing New York Grandmother

The daughter of a New York grandmother who disappeared during a trip…
Bloodied, ejected Marine Corps pilot seen calm and collected after Washington crash destroys aircraft

Bloodied Marine Pilot Calm After Ejecting in Washington Crash

Newly released bodycam video shows Marine Corps F-18 pilot Maj. Jackson Simon…
Flames’ Ethan Wyttenbach Sets Big Goals for Sophomore Year - Internewscast Journal

Flames’ Ethan Wyttenbach Sets Big Goals for Sophomore Year

Ethan Wyttenbach is eager for the moment when his NHL opportunity finally…
Irish Authorities Seek Extradition in American Mom Jamey Carney’s Murder - Internewscast Journal

Irish Authorities Seek Extradition in American Mom Jamey Carney’s Murder

Irish officials are reportedly moving to secure a warrant aimed at extraditing…
Historic Keasbey Fire Department Dissolved After 118 Years Serving Woodbridge, NJ - Internewscast Journal

Historic Keasbey Fire Department Dissolved After 118 Years Serving Woodbridge, NJ

A century-old firehouse has been extinguished. A New Jersey fire department that…
Timeline: How 'Chucky' Mask Suspect Evaded Philadelphia Police - Internewscast Journal

Timeline: How ‘Chucky’ Mask Suspect Evaded Philadelphia Police

Surveillance video shows the tense moments a masked man, wearing a disturbing…
Kennedy Center, White House Ballroom Plans Reveal Italy-Carved Columns and Plaza Named for Trump - Internewscast Journal

Kennedy Center, White House Ballroom Plans Reveal Italy-Carved Columns and Plaza Named for Trump

Washington — As President Trump continues to defend in court his sweeping…