Share this @internewscast.com

The District Attorney’s Office has announced that the case against the accused will remain active “pending a finding of competence to stand trial.”
BRUNSWICK, Ga. — On Wednesday, the Brunswick Judicial Circuit’s District Attorney’s Office revealed their decision to reject an appeal from a man accused of murdering a child in Glynn County.
George Edenfield stands accused of the heinous crimes of “sodomy and murder” against six-year-old Christopher Barrios in March 2007. His parents, David and Peggy Edenfield, also face charges related to the crime.
Testimonies from his father’s trial indicate that George Edenfield enticed Christopher into their mobile home, where both he and his father assaulted and ultimately strangled the child.
Christopher’s body was tragically discovered days later, concealed in black plastic bags within a wooded area located two miles from the neighborhood where both the Edenfield and Barrios families resided.
Authorities report that Edenfield was deemed unfit to stand trial and subsequently committed to a state mental health facility. Over the years, he has repeatedly sought to alter the terms of his commitment to allow supervised release, but all such requests have been denied.
Regarding the dismissal of his most recent appeal, the court says that the decision was made because he had already tried filing a notice of appeal from the Glynn County Superior Court, which gave him “no basis” for also filing a discretionary application. The action was described as “duplicative.”
The DA says that until there is evidence that Edenfield is competent to stand trial, his murder case remains open.