12-year-old Honduran girl allegedly tortured by sponsors after entering US as unaccompanied minor

A 12-year-old girl, who endured severe abuse and torture before managing to escape, originally entered the United States as an unaccompanied minor from Honduras.

An official from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services informed Fox News that the young girl arrived in the U.S. during the Obama administration, specifically in June 2014.

After her arrival, the girl was placed in the care of a distant uncle, while her mother remained in Honduras. It is alleged that the uncle began sexually abusing her. Subsequently, she was taken in by two sisters, Brenda Garcia, 38, and Tania Garcia, 37, who reside in Montgomery County. The sisters are accused of continuing the abuse.

Brenda Garcia, 38, and Tania Garcia, 37, mugshots

Brenda Garcia and Tania Garcia have been charged in connection with the abuse of the young girl from Honduras. (Texas Department of Criminal Justice)

The girl reported that the sisters subjected her to physical beatings, starvation, and restraint. Court documents reveal that she was often bound with zip ties at night and, on occasions, tied to a chair as punishment for “stealing food.”

In her statements to the police, she recounted that Brenda took nude photographs of her and strangled her, at one point telling her to “just die already.”

The girl told detectives she was hit with cables and a belt with a spike on it until she bled. Her mattress was taken away, and she was only allowed to sleep on a tablecloth on the floor while restrained, according to court documents.

The girl eventually escaped her restraints on Sept. 28. She was restrained with zip-ties to a small table and would be beaten whenever she urinated herself while sleeping, court documents state. 

Brenda Garcia also allegedly took photos and video of the girl as she showered and would call her names, prosecutors said. 

The sisters face charges including felony injury to a child, unlawful restraint, and invasive visual recording.

President Donald Trump has blamed the Biden administration for allowing unaccompanied children to cross the border without a tougher vetting process for sponsors.

“Hundreds of thousands were lost through Biden and the Biden administration,” he said last week. “We are getting a lot of them back, but they’re either dead, slaves, or captured. But think about it — hundreds of thousands we’re talking about — and they came in through the border, sold, bargained for. This was all Biden. Meaning Biden and Obama — the same mentality.”

During the Obama administration in 2014, there was a massive surge in unaccompanied children.

Between 2013 and 2014, the number of unaccompanied children apprehended at the border increased nearly 80%, from 38,759 in fiscal year 2013 to 68,541 in fiscal year 2014. 

You May Also Like

Election to Replace Eric Swalwell Turns Messy as Campaign Drama Erupts - Internewscast Journal

Election to Replace Eric Swalwell Turns Messy as Campaign Drama Erupts

Voters in California’s 14th Congressional District head to the polls tomorrow, Tuesday,…
Tupac Shakur’s Haunting Reply to Las Vegas Cop After Fatal Drive-By Shooting Revealed - Internewscast Journal

Tupac Shakur’s Haunting Reply to Las Vegas Cop After Fatal Drive-By Shooting Revealed

Tupac Shakur declined to identify the gunmen who ambushed him, even as…
Two planes blow tires while landing at major US airport hours apart, FAA investigating

FAA Investigates After Two Planes Blow Tires During Landings Hours Apart at Major US Airport

Federal Aviation Administration officials are looking into two separate tire incidents involving…
South Korean President Boosts Military After Trump Drill Cuts - Internewscast Journal

South Korean President Boosts Military After Trump Drill Cuts

South Korean President Lee Jae Myung called on Tuesday for the country…
Trump Admin Moves to End Roadless Rule for National Forests - Internewscast Journal

Trump Admin Moves to End Roadless Rule for National Forests

The Trump administration said Tuesday it is pressing forward with a plan…
Mob Ransacks Family-Owned Bellflower Store During Chaotic Street Takeover - Internewscast Journal

Mob Ransacks Family-Owned Bellflower Store During Chaotic Street Takeover

A family-owned Bellflower business was left devastated after a large group of…
Hayden Panettiere Was Really Lonely, Struggling While Filming Last Movie, Co-Star Reveals - Internewscast Journal

Hayden Panettiere Was Really Lonely, Struggling While Filming Last Movie, Co-Star Reveals

Hayden Panettiere was “struggling” and “really lonely” during the making of what…
Appeals Court Blocks ICE Arrests at Houses of Worship - Internewscast Journal

Appeals Court Blocks ICE Arrests at Houses of Worship

Washington — A federal appeals court on Tuesday kept in place a…
Runner Finds Woman Fatally Stabbed Beside Vehicle Near Upscale DC Suburb Trail - Internewscast Journal

Runner Finds Woman Fatally Stabbed Beside Vehicle Near Upscale DC Suburb Trail

Woman found dead outside car in affluent neighborhood Police said a morning…
Jared Bridegan Murder Trial Live Updates: First Case in His Killing Enters Day 2 - Internewscast Journal

Jared Bridegan Murder Trial Live Updates: First Case in His Killing Enters Day 2

Mario Fernandez-Saldana, accused of helping plan the 2022 shooting death of St.…
Downtown Raleigh Hanging Death Investigated as Suicide, NC Medical Examiner Takes Over Case - Internewscast Journal

Downtown Raleigh Hanging Death Investigated as Suicide, NC Medical Examiner Takes Over Case

RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) — The death of a young Black man found…
Northwest Indiana Power Outages Persist as NIPSCO Restores Service, Storm Cleanup Continues Ahead of Tuesday Severe Weather - Internewscast Journal

Northwest Indiana Power Outages Persist as NIPSCO Restores Service, Storm Cleanup Continues Ahead of Tuesday Severe Weather

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. () — A week after a tornado swept through Munster,…