Share this @internewscast.com
Houthis in Yemen have shot down another U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone, sources told Fox News.
This is the third such drone the rebels have shot down since March 3 and the second shot down since the U.S. began conducting daily strikes.
For the past 20 days, the U.S. has been conducting airstrikes every day with minimal updates from the Trump administration regarding the progress of these operations. The Pentagon hasn’t held a press briefing in several weeks, and the Defense Department has remained largely silent about the continuous airstrikes.
Late last month, National Security Advisor Mike Waltz spoke about the airstrikes in an interview with CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
“These guys are like al Qaeda or ISIS with advanced cruise missiles, ballistic missiles and some of the most sophisticated air defenses, all provided by Iran,” Waltz said. “Keeping the sea lanes open, keeping trade and commerce open, is a fundamental aspect of our national security,” he added.

An MQ-9 Reaper drone with Customs and Border Protection awaits the next mission over the U.S.-Mexico border in November 2022 at Fort Huachuca, Arizona. (John Moore/Getty Images)
MQ-9 Reaper drones cost approximately $30 million each, according to the Congressional Research Service. Houthis have shot down 13 U.S. drones since October 2023, when the Israel-Hamas war started, however, a source told Fox News that it could be as many as 17 Reapers.
The U.S. had 230 MQ-9 Reaper drones in its arsenal as of December 2024, a U.S. defense official told Fox News. These drones are primarily used to collect intelligence but can be armed with up to eight laser-guided Hellfire missiles, according to the U.S. Air Force.
Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin contributed to this report.