Share this @internewscast.com
According to a key figure in the Iranian opposition, Iran is actively reconstructing its nuclear facilities that had previously suffered damage from U.S. strikes, all while allegedly “preparing for war” even as it participates in discussions with the Trump administration.
Alireza Jafarzadeh, who serves as the deputy director at the National Council of Resistance of Iran’s Washington office, pointed to newly unveiled satellite images that suggest the Iranian regime is hastening efforts to restore its uranium enrichment capabilities, valued at “around $2 trillion.”
“The regime has undoubtedly intensified its actions to rebuild its uranium enrichment infrastructure,” Jafarzadeh explained to Fox News Digital. “Through these moves, it is gearing up for potential conflict by safeguarding its nuclear weapons program and ensuring its defense.”

Evidence of this reconstruction can be observed at Iran’s Isfahan nuclear site. (Planet Labs PBC/Handout via Reuters)
“This ongoing enhancement of Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities is particularly concerning given that the regime is currently involved in nuclear discussions with the United States,” he further noted.
Recent satellite imagery provided by Planet Labs, an Earth monitoring organization, indicates that reconstruction efforts are indeed taking place at the Isfahan complex.
Isfahan is one of three Iranian uranium enrichment plants targeted in the U.S. military operation known as “Midnight Hammer.”
The June 22 operation involved coordinated Air Force and Navy strikes on the Fordow, Natanz and Isfahan facilities.

A satellite image shows tunnel entrances covered with soil at Isfahan nuclear complex. (Vantor/Handout via Reuters)
Despite the damage, the satellite images show Iran has buried entrances to a tunnel complex at the site, according to Reuters.
Similar steps were reportedly taken at the Natanz facility, which houses two additional enrichment plants.
“These efforts in Isfahan involve rebuilding its centrifuge program and other activities related to uranium enrichment,” Jafarzadeh said.
The renewed movements come as Iran participated in talks with the U.S. in Geneva.
On Thursday, President Donald Trump warned that “bad things” would happen if Iran did not make a deal.
While the talks were aimed at curbing Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief, Jafarzadeh argues that for the regime, talks would be nothing more than a tactical delay.

Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei “agreed to the nuclear talks as it would give the regime crucial time to avoid or limit the consequences of confrontation with the West,” according to Jafarzadeh. ( Office of the Supreme Leader of Iran via Getty Images)
“Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei agreed to the nuclear talks as it would give the regime crucial time to avoid or limit the consequences of confrontation with the West,” he said.
Jafarzadeh also described the regime spending at least “$2 trillion” on nuclear capabilities, which he said “is higher than the entire oil revenue generated since the regime came to power in Iran in 1979.”
“Tehran is trying to salvage whatever has remained of its nuclear weapons program and quickly rebuild it,” he said. “It has heavily invested in the nuclear weapons program as a key tool for the survival of the regime.”

Satellite imagery taken on January 30, 2026, shows a new roof over a previously destroyed building at the Natanz nuclear site. (2026 PLANET LABS PBC/Handout via Reuters)
Jafarzadeh is best known for publicly revealing the existence of Iran’s Natanz nuclear site in 2002, which led to inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency and intensified global scrutiny of Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.
“The insistence of the Iranian regime during the nuclear talks on maintaining its uranium enrichment capabilities, while rebuilding its damaged sites, is a clear indication that Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has no plans to abandon its nuclear weapons program,” he said.
The National Council of Resistance of Iran, led by Maryam Rajavi, exposed for the first time the nuclear sites in Natanz, Arak, Fordow and more than 100 other sites and projects, Jafarzadeh said, “despite a massive crackdown by the regime on this movement.”