Israel warns Hezbollah ‘playing with fire,’ presses Lebanon to act on weapons pledge
Share this @internewscast.com

In light of Hezbollah’s ongoing military build-up and Lebanon’s alleged non-compliance with last year’s ceasefire agreement, Israel’s Defense Minister has issued a stern warning to Beirut.

On Sunday, Defense Minister Israel Katz expressed concerns, stating, “Hezbollah is engaging in dangerous activities, and the president of Lebanon is not acting decisively.” He emphasized, “The Lebanese government must fulfill its obligation to disband Hezbollah’s arsenal and ensure its removal from southern Lebanon. We are committed to intensifying enforcement and will not permit any threat to the northern residents.”

This warning coincides with information obtained by Fox News Digital, indicating that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are considering expanding operations against the Iran-supported militia due to ongoing breaches of the ceasefire.

In an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital, a senior IDF officer stationed on the northern frontier disclosed that Hezbollah continues to be well-armed and supported financially by Iran.

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise

“Hezbollah hasn’t relinquished their heavy weaponry,” the officer remarked. “They remain trained, financially backed by Iran, and are working to regain their foothold. Our mission is to prevent their success.”

“Hezbollah didn’t give up their heavy weapons,” the officer said. “They’re still trained, still financed by Iran, and still trying to re-establish their positions. Our job is to make sure they don’t succeed.”

On Monday, the IDF confirmed it had killed two Hezbollah commanders in southern Lebanon. Muhammad Ali Hadid, a senior member of Hezbollah’s elite Radwan Force, was eliminated in Nabatieh, while another operative was struck in Ayta ash Shab after being seen collecting intelligence on Israeli positions.

“The terrorists’ activities violated the understandings between Israel and Lebanon,” the IDF said in a statement. “The IDF will continue to operate to remove any threat to the State of Israel.”

Israeli officials watch as strikes are carried out against Houthis

Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz and IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir watch as the IDF carries out strikes on Houthi targets in Yemen. (Ministry of Defense)

The senior officer said the operations reflect Israel’s new, proactive security doctrine. “If somebody threatens us, we take control of the situation and make the threat go away,” he said. “We pushed Hezbollah back, so civilians could return. Now we’re fortifying those gains and acting to prevent their recovery.”

That, he added, is the lesson Israel learned from Oct. 7. “Until then, we sometimes looked the other way. That’s over. We’re not sitting and waiting for the next rocket.”

A poster showing Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei is displayed in Beirut, below a flag bearing the image of assassinated Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

A flag bearing the picture of assassinated pro-Iranian Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah flutters in front of a picture of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei during a ceremony marking the first anniversary of Nasrallah’s assassination in an Israeli airstrike at his grave in Beirut. Beirut, Lebanon, Sept. 27, 2025. (Marwan Naamani/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images)

The officer said the IDF’s 91st Division recently completed its largest exercise since the start of the war, designed to strengthen operational readiness for both defense and offensive operations along the Lebanese border — at sea, in the air, and on land.

“We tested our defensive systems, coordination, and rapid-response capabilities,” he said. “We’re applying every lesson from Oct. 7 so our response next time will be immediate.”

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise to enhance operational readiness along the Lebanon border in Oct. 2025 (IDF)

According to Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, intelligence officials believe Hezbollah is rapidly rebuilding its arsenal with Iranian assistance. The group has partially restored its weapons supply chain through Syria and Iraq, despite disruptions following the collapse of the Assad regime last year.

The Trump administration has also expressed frustration over Beirut’s failure to curb Hezbollah. U.S. Special Envoy Thomas Barrack recently described Lebanon as “a failed state” because of its “paralyzed government,” and that Hezbollah pays its fighters more than the national army soldiers earns.

LEBANON-POLITICS

Commuters drive past a newly-installed billboard bearing the image of a Lebanese flag and a statement that reads in Arabic “Lebanon a new era”, replacing a Hezbollah billboard, on the road leading to Beirut’s Rafic Hariri International airport on April 10, 2025.  (Photo by Joseph Eid/AFP via Getty Images)

Responding to Israel’s preemptive strikes last week, Lebanese Foreign Minister Youssef Raggi urged his visiting German counterpart on Friday to “help pressure Israel to halt its attacks.”

“Only a diplomatic solution, not a military one, can ensure stability and maintain calm in the south,” Raggi said, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency (NNA).

He added that the Lebanese government “is gradually moving forward with its decision to bring all weapons under state control.”

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) on Thursday voiced “deep concerns”, urging all parties “to fully commit to the cessation of hostilities.”

UNIFIL added that it remains in contact with the Lebanese Armed Forces and emphasized that extending state authority “is at the very core of Resolution 1701.”

IDF troops fighting Hezbollah terrorists

IDF troops fighting Hezbollah terrorists in southern Lebanon. (IDF Spokesman’s Unit.)

Despite diplomatic criticism, Israeli commanders insist they will not allow Hezbollah to rebuild.

“We won’t wait for another Oct. 7,” the Israeli officer said. “We’re vigilant, we’re rebuilding, and we’re ready. The quiet we have now depends on Hezbollah’s choices — not on our willingness to defend ourselves.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Maduro brandishes sword at rally as he rails against 'imperialist aggression' amid rising tensions with US

Maduro’s Fiery Rally: Sword-Wielding Protest Against U.S. ‘Imperialist Aggression

Earlier this week in Caracas, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro delivered a bold…
American cruise ship passenger Ann Evans found after going missing on island tour

Missing American Cruise Passenger Ann Evans Safely Located After Island Tour Disappearance

An American woman who went missing after not returning to a Holland…
Sex trafficking has to be confronted

Urgent Action Required: Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking

Parents naturally want to ensure the safety of their children. However, an…
2 National Guard members shot in an ambush attack blocks from the White House

Suspect in National Guard Shooting Charged with First-Degree Murder Following Death; Second Victim Remains Critical

The charges against a 29-year-old former CIA collaborator in Afghanistan have been…
Multiple victims with gunshot wounds at Valley Fair Mall in California on Black Friday: police

Gunfire Erupts at California’s Valley Fair Mall on Black Friday, Police Report Multiple Injuries

A shooting at Westfield Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, California, has…
NFL news: Chicago Bears beat defending Super Bowl champions, Philadelphia Eagles, 24-15 on the road, advance to 9-3

Chicago Bears Triumph Over Super Bowl Champs Eagles, Secure 9-3 Record with Dominant Road Win

Kyle Monangai delivered a standout performance, rushing for 130 yards and securing…
Indiana Republican's Problematic Remark About Trump, How He's Voting on State Redistricting

Indiana Republican’s Controversial Comment on Trump and Its Impact on State Redistricting Vote

Indiana’s legislature is currently debating a redistricting proposal that could potentially bolster…
Sheriff slams law enforcement agencies for releasing illegal immigrant who allegedly hit Ohio nurse

Sheriff Criticizes Law Enforcement Agencies Over Release of Undocumented Immigrant Accused in Ohio Nurse Incident

In a recent incident that has sparked outrage, an Ohio sheriff criticized…
A Thanksgiving to remember: IHOP waitress gets $2,000 tip after man raises money on social media

Heartwarming Thanksgiving Surprise: IHOP Waitress Receives $2,000 Tip Thanks to Viral Social Media Campaign

“I was completely stunned,” shared server Ashley Cruz. “This feels like a…
How to control your cravings this holiday season: Simple strategies to help you stay on track

Effective Strategies to Manage Holiday Cravings and Maintain Your Goals

LOS ANGELES (KABC) — As the holiday season approaches, many are looking…
Russia outlaws Human Rights Watch as crackdown on dissent continues

Russia Bans Human Rights Watch: Escalating Clampdown on Free Speech and Dissent

On Friday, Russian authorities declared Human Rights Watch as an “undesirable organization.”…
American tourist found stabbed to death in Tobago

American Tourist Tragically Discovered Fatally Stabbed in Tobago

Local authorities have reported the death of an American man found with…