Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.
Share this @internewscast.com

TYRANT Kim Jong-un has reportedly relaunched his 5,000-tonne colossal warship – after it spectacularly capsized during its first launch last month.

The leader of North Korea observed the triumphant first journey of his new destroyer, following an embarrassing mishap last month where the ship tipped over.

Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong-un, pictured with his daughter Kim Ju Ae (L), relaunched his huge warship which capsized last monthCredit: EPA
Confetti and a North Korean flag balloon at a warship launching ceremony.
The successful launch was witnessed by Kim at Rajin PortCredit: Reuters
Photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and his daughter at the launch ceremony of a destroyer.
The huge 5,000 ton warship half-sunk into the water in MayCredit: EPA

Earlier satellite images showed the large warship, called Kang Kon, leaning sideways, with its rear partly submerged and its front resting on the dock.

Furious Kim deemed to find and punish those found responsible for the embarrassing fail.

He slammed the “criminal act” caused by “absolute carelessness” in a rare admission of failure – and arrested four officials.

But state media have now claimed that the intimidating warship has finally been restored.

Experts have questioned whether the boat’s repairs are actually sufficient, given the reported speedy turnaround.

Kim and his daughter, Kim Ju Ae, are understood to have witnessed the triumphant launch at Rajin Port in the north of the country, according to KCNA.

Images showed the smiling despot wearing a thin summer hat as he walked cheerfully in front of clapping navy officers.

It comes after the half-sunk was seen being hauled upright using giant balloons after it capsized.

North Korea’s state broadcaster also reported that sections of the hull had been crushed.

The highly-secretive authorities appeared to have tried to hide the disaster by placing blue tarpaulin across the wreck.

North Korea’s half-sunk warship hauled UPRIGHT with giant balloons as cause of disaster that humiliated Kim is revealed

Pictures from May 29 showed workers standing on the quay pulling ropes attached to the boat.

And at least 30 balloons appeared to have been connected along one side – presumably to haul it upright.

On launch day, crews had attempted to slide the ship sideways into the water.

A malfunction meant that the stern entered while the bow remained on the launch gear.

It is likely that the launch mechanism snagged the bow, preventing it from plopping into the sea, reports 38north.

This theory is supported by satellite imagery from May 29, which seems to show damage to the bow.

Seething Kim demanded that the repairs be completed by the end of June – and it now appears that engineers have managed to do this in time.

Satellite image of a damaged Choe Hyun-class destroyer being repaired.
Around 30 large balloons can be seen attached to the boat along with ropesCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un and his daughter boarding a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong Un (C) and daughter Ju Ae (center L) boarding the destroyerCredit: AFP
Illustration of Kim Jong-un and his new warship, a destroyer.

The dictator was fuming in the wake of the embarrassment, and said it brought shame on the country.

Four people have been arrested so far, including chief engineer Kang Jong Chol, hull workshop head Han Kyong Hak, and deputy manager Kim Yong Hak.

It’s unclear what punishment they will face, though an expert told The Sun their fates could be fatal.

Michael Madden, who established North Korea Leadership Watch, remarked, “Certain individuals will likely face expulsion from the party and serve brief prison sentences.”

But, more alarmingly, he claimed “some people are going to be shot to death behind this”.

Satellite image of a damaged North Korean warship in a harbor.
A view of the warship before its failed launchCredit: AFP
Satellite image of a Choe Hyun Class destroyer.
The boat after being restored to an upright positionCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un on a North Korean destroyer with uniformed sailors.
Kim boarding the destroyer ‘Kang Kon’ at the Rajin shipyardCredit: AFP

The launch failure marked a huge setback for Kim, who has been modernizing his navy to keep up with the West.

The huge Kang Kon naval destroyer is believed to be the same class as the Choe Hyon – North Korea’s largest warship yet.

North Korea’s state media – which also serves as Kim’s leading propaganda machine – reported that the vessel was equipped with the “most powerful weapons”.

Now it is seemingly upright and operational, the destroyer will surpass the current largest vessel in North Korea, a 1,360-tonne frigate.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Barack Obama clarifies casual claim aliens are ‘real,' insists he 'saw no evidence' during presidency

Barack Obama Addresses Alien Speculation: Clarifies No Evidence of Extraterrestrial Life During Presidency

WASHINGTON — He needed to clear the air. Former President Barack Obama…
Anderson Cooper announces his exit from '60 Minutes'

Anderson Cooper Bids Farewell to ’60 Minutes’ – What’s Next for the Renowned Journalist?

Longtime correspondent Anderson Cooper has announced his departure from CBS’s esteemed newsmagazine…
Elon Musk's Starlink crackdown cripples attacks on Ukraine as Russian casualty rates soar

Elon Musk’s Starlink Restrictions Impact Ukrainian Efforts Amid Rising Russian Casualties

WASHINGTON — Elon Musk’s SpaceX has taken decisive action against Russia by…
Two illegal aliens arrested in violent suburban home invasion involving sexual assault, kidnapping: police

Suburban Nightmare: Two Arrested in Violent Home Invasion, Sexual Assault, and Kidnapping Case

Officials disclosed on Monday that two individuals residing in the U.S. illegally…
Nancy Guthrie case: FBI prepares for 'parallel realities' while awaiting DNA results

FBI Anticipates Multiple Outcomes in Nancy Guthrie Case as DNA Analysis Continues

TUCSON, Ariz. — As the investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie…
Rhode Island hockey shooter ID'd as transgender father Robert Dorgan

Unveiling the Truth: Rhode Island Hockey Shooter Identified as Transgender Parent Robert Dorgan

Authorities have identified the shooter responsible for the tragic incident at a…
Israeli producer, Dana Eden, of spy thriller 'Tehran' found dead in Athens hotel: cops

Israeli Producer Dana Eden, Known for Spy Thriller ‘Tehran’, Discovered Deceased in Athens Hotel: Police Report

In a tragic turn of events, Dana Eden, the acclaimed producer of…
Cuban drivers face monthslong wait for gasoline in a government app designed to reduce lines

Cuban Drivers Endure Lengthy Gasoline Waits Despite New Government App: A Deep Dive into Fueling Frustrations

By ANDREA RODRIGUEZ HAVANA, Cuba (AP) — Drivers in Cuba are bracing…
Christian mother, teacher found dead as police hunt homicide suspect in Ohio home invasion

Tragic Ohio Home Invasion: Christian Mother and Teacher Found Dead, Police Intensify Search for Homicide Suspect

A tragic incident has unfolded in Ohio, where a mother of two…
Student in custody, another hospitalized after being cut with knife on school bus in Northwest Jacksonville

Northwest Jacksonville School Bus Stabbing: Student Arrested, Another Hospitalized in Knife Attack

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office has assured the public that, despite the ongoing…
Czech deputy PM laughs off Hillary Clinton’s ‘unhinged’ reaction to his Trump defense

Czech Deputy PM Dismisses Hillary Clinton’s ‘Unhinged’ Response to Trump Defense: A Diplomatic Exchange Unfolds

During the weekend gathering at the Munich Security Conference, Hillary Clinton was…
Multiple people shot at Rhode Island ice rink, suspect dead: report

Rhode Island Ice Rink Shooting: Multiple Injured, Suspect Confirmed Dead

close Video Fox News Flash brings you today’s top stories. Visit FoxNews.com…