Share this @internewscast.com


Victoria Police have announced a new taskforce will take the lead in the search for alleged cop killer Desmond (Dezi) Freeman, as the national park where he was thought to have fled partially reopens to the public.
From Friday, the Taskforce Summit, which will be based in the Great Alpine Area, will take primacy in the ongoing manhunt, the police said.
The taskforce will be led by a detective inspector from the state’s Anti-Gangs Division and will include detectives from Crime Command, as well as specialist resources from the Fugitive Squad, Armed Crime Squad, VIPER Taskforce, Special Operations Group, Search and Rescue Squad, and local Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems members.
Police said tactical officers, the Public Order Response Team and other specialist resources have searched large areas of the Mount Buffalo National Park in north-east Victoria, which will partially reopen to the public on Friday.

The park has remained closed since August 26 after a tragic incident where two police officers were reportedly shot and killed. The officers were part of a team serving a search warrant at the residence of Freeman in Porepunkah, located 300 kilometers northeast of Melbourne.

Police said they will continue to maintain an enhanced presence in the area, and the homicide investigations will continue into the killings of Neal Thompson and Vadim De Waart-Hottart.
Martin O’Brien, assistant commissioner for Victoria Police, said that while the search for Freeman has been “challenging”, the “investigation is far from over”, and the public could play a key role.
“However, we do believe it will only be brought to resolution through assistance from members of the public. I strongly urge anyone with any information at all, no matter how small you think it may be, to come forward and contact Crime Stoppers,” he said.

Authorities are urging the public to come forward with any information that might aid in Freeman’s capture. “This could include sightings of Freeman, rumors circulating in your local communities, or any suspicious activity on your property. We want to hear from you, and this can be done anonymously,” they stated.

The police said anyone who sees Freeman should phone triple zero (000) immediately and not approach him.

A substantial reward of up to $1 million is still being offered for details that lead to Freeman’s arrest.

Initially, the search for Freeman involved approximately 400 officers scouring the area. However, this number was reduced to around 200 officers in the past few weeks as the search continues.

The search for 56-year-old Freeman has included intensive efforts and hundreds of Victoria Police officers and specialist resources from Australia and New Zealand. It is the largest tactical operation in Australian history.

At the height of the search for Freeman, around 400 officers were out looking for him; however, that number was scaled back to about 200 in recent weeks.

The police said tactical officers, the Public Order Response Team and other specialist resources have searched large areas of the Mount Buffalo National Park, which will reopen to the public on Friday.
Extensive air searches and investigations into over 1,700 pieces of intelligence have also failed so far to lead to Freeman’s arrest.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…
Survivor's incredible story from inside the Hong Kong horror blaze

Miraculous Escape: Survivor Shares Harrowing Tale from Devastating Hong Kong Fire

Just after 3 p.m., William Li received a startling call from his…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…

Unlocking Australia’s Billion-Dollar Opportunity: The Untapped Export Ready to Skyrocket

When Eleanor Gray borrowed a Hello Kitty DVD from her local library…

Discover Australia’s Booming Suburbs: Where Home Prices Have Skyrocketed Over 100% in Just 5 Years!

Nearly 200 Australian suburbs have more than doubled in value over the…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela greets his supporters during a rally to commemorate Indigenous Resistance Day on October 12, 2025 in Caracas, Venezuela.

Trump Urges Caution: Advises Treating Venezuelan Airspace as Off-Limits

President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding”…
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…