Share this @internewscast.com

A HALF-sunk North Korean warship which bungled its first launch in front of Kim Jong-un has been hauled upright using giant balloons.

The cause of the humiliating fail has also been revealed – amid fears the regime will execute those it holds responsible.

Around 30 large balloons can be seen attached to the boat along with ropesCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
North Korean warship launch ceremony.
Last month the tyrant unveiled North Korea’s largest naval destroyer an extravagant ceremony
Kim slammed the mishap and said it brought shame on the countryCredit: AFP
Illustration of Kim Jong-un and his new warship, a destroyer.

The 5,000-tonne naval destroyer ended up on its side after the pompous launch ceremony watched by Kim went disastrously wrong.

Kim slammed the “criminal act” caused by “absolute carelessness” in a rare admission of failure – and arrested four officials.

Satellite images later unveiled the massive warship listing on its side next to the launch dock, with the stern partially submerged and the bow resting on the harbor jetty.

Kim gave orders to right the vessel as quickly as possible – and now details of the farcical rescue mission have emerged.

Pictures from May 29 show workers standing on the quay pulling ropes attached to the boat.

And at least 30 balloons appeared to have been connected along one side – presumably to haul it upright.

On launch day, crews had attempted to slide the ship sideways into the water.

A malfunction meant that the stern entered while the bow remained on the launch gear.

It is likely that the launch mechanism snagged the bow, preventing it from plopping into the sea, reports 38north.

This theory is supported by satellite imagery from May 29, which seems to show damage to the bow.

Watch as chilling features on smuggled North Korean ‘iPhone’ reveal terrifying scale of paranoid Kim Jong-un’s snooping

North Korea’s state broadcaster also reported that sections of the hull had been crushed.

The highly-secretive authorities appeared to have tried to hide the disaster by placing blue tarpaulin across the wreck.

But analysis from South Korea’s military shows that it was lying on its side.

To be fixed up, the destroyer will first need to be refloated and then transferred to a graving dock, where ships are repaired.

A view of the warship before its failed launchCredit: AFP
Satellite image of a Choe Hyun Class destroyer.
The boat after being restored to an upright positionCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim has been building up Pyongyang’s naval forcesCredit: AFP

The dictator demanded that the repairs be completed by the end of June – though that may be optimistic.

Kim was seething in the wake of the embarrassment, and said it brought shame on the country.

The four arrested include chief engineer Kang Jong Chol, hull workshop head Han Kyong Hak, and deputy manager Kim Yong Hak.

It’s unclear what punishment they will face, though an expert told The Sun their fates could be fatal.

Michael Madden, founder of North Korea Leadership Watch, remarked: “Some individuals will forfeit their party memberships and face brief jail terms.”

But, more alarmingly, he claimed “some people are going to be shot to death behind this”.

The launch failure marks a huge setback for Kim, who has been modernizing his navy to keep up with the West.

Kim Jong-Un speaking at a meeting.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un described the failed launch as a ‘criminal act’
Kim Jong Un visiting a North Korean naval unit.
The new ship will be the largest in North Korea’s naval fleet when it is finally operationalCredit: AFP

Last month, the tyrant unveiled North Korea’s largest naval destroyer yet that could house a vertical launchpad capable of firing nuclear missiles.

Dubbed the Choe Hyon, it is believed to be the same 5,000-tonne class ship as the one which spectacularly failed on Wednesday.

North Korea’s state media, acting as Kim’s primary propaganda outlet, claimed the ship was fitted with the “most powerful weapons.”

The ship is named after anti-Japanese revolutionary fighter Choe Hyon, the report said.

When upright and operational, the destroyer is set to become the largest in North Korea’s naval arsenal, surpassing the current largest vessel, a 1,360-tonne frigate.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Northwestern to pay $75M in federal civil-rights deal after antisemitism probes

Northwestern University Agrees to $75 Million Settlement in Federal Civil Rights Case Following Antisemitism Investigations

The Trump administration has unveiled a significant federal civil-rights settlement with Northwestern…
2 National Guard members shot in an ambush attack blocks from the White House

Suspect in National Guard Shooting Charged with First-Degree Murder Following Death; Second Victim Remains Critical

The charges against a 29-year-old former CIA collaborator in Afghanistan have been…
Cheerleader who died aboard Carnival cruise ship cremated, death certificate reveals

Tragic Cruise Incident: Cheerleader’s Brave Battle Sparks Federal Investigation into Stepbrother

The tragic death of 18-year-old Anna Kepner aboard a Carnival Cruise ship…
Driver carjacked in West Village by machete-wielding muggers

Driver Victimized by Machete-Wielding Assailants in West Village Carjacking

A man, aged 27, experienced a terrifying carjacking in downtown Manhattan when…
DC Guard Shooter Linked to CIA-Backed Afghan ‘Zero Units’

CIA Connection Revealed: DC Guard Shooter’s Ties to Afghan ‘Zero Units’ Exposed

A suspected Afghan terrorist who killed National Guard troops Sarah Beckstrom and…
Ukrainian official Yermak resigns as corruption probe encircles Zelenskyy

Ukrainian Official Steps Down Amid Intensifying Corruption Investigation Involving Zelenskyy Administration

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has confirmed that Andriy Yermak, the head of…
Ice skating in the Sunshine state: rink opens under Fuller Warren Bridge

Florida’s New Ice Skating Rink Debuts Under Fuller Warren Bridge: A Cool Escape in the Sunshine State

Ice skating enthusiasts can glide across the public rink until January 19th.…
American cruise ship passenger Ann Evans found after going missing on island tour

Missing American Cruise Passenger Ann Evans Safely Located After Island Tour Disappearance

An American woman who went missing after not returning to a Holland…
Pei-Yun Chung: 'Dine-and-dash diva' accused of skipping out on bills at high-end Brooklyn, New York City restaurants

Brooklyn’s ‘Dine-and-Dash Diva’ Allegedly Leaves High-End Eateries Without Paying

NEW YORK — A social media influencer, notorious for allegedly evading payments…
Illinois man charged with arson after allegedly setting home ablaze on Thanksgiving

Illinois Resident Accused of Thanksgiving Day House Fire

In a shocking Thanksgiving incident, an Illinois man found himself behind bars…
Chicago shootings this weekend: At least 10 shot, 2 fatally, in gun violence across city, police department says

Alert: Surge in Armed Robberies Hits Chicago’s Lincoln Park, Lakeview, and the Loop!

CHICAGO (WLS) — The Chicago Police Department has alerted the public following…
NFL news: Chicago Bears beat defending Super Bowl champions, Philadelphia Eagles, 24-15 on the road, advance to 9-3

Chicago Bears Triumph Over Super Bowl Champs Eagles, Secure 9-3 Record with Dominant Road Win

Kyle Monangai delivered a standout performance, rushing for 130 yards and securing…