Share this @internewscast.com
We’re officially one week away from spring training kicking off and there are plenty of storylines that fans should be keeping track of with camps opening up.
Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman discuss some of the most interesting storylines that they’ll be watching for including what happens with Shohei Ohtani, rule changes and if a Bryan Reynolds trade will be happening, along with a few others.
Their guest this week is former MLB pitcher and father to Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Pat Mahomes Sr.
‘The Show’ Podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman:
- CARLOS BELTRAN BACK IN QUEENS: Joel and Jon take a look at Carlos Beltran leaving the YES Network booth to join the Mets as a front office executive and whether there’s a way back to the bench as a manager.
- SPRING TRAINING STORYLINES: How will Arte Moreno not selling the Angels change the Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes? Will the Pittsburgh Pirates trade Bryan Reynolds? Is Aaron Hicks going to be the everyday left fielder for the Yankees? Joel and Jon examine some spring training storylines before camps open up.
Pat Mahomes Sr. Interview:
Former MLB pitcher
- SUPER BOWL 2023 PREVIEW: With the Chiefs being back in the Super Bowl, at the helm is quarterback Patrick Mahomes. Patrick’s father, Pat, talks about how his son is feeling with the big game on the horizon and whether or not he thinks his ankle will be a problem.
- DESTINED FOR GREATNESS: Pat talks about watching his son grow up playing sports and when he realized Patrick could be a really good quarterback in the NFL. He also discusses Patrick’s multi-sport days in high school and why he eventually gave up baseball for football.
- MLB PLAYING DAYS: Later, Pat speaks on his days in the show, spending multiple seasons with the Minnesota Twins and New York Mets, among others, and recalls a story of bringing Patrick to Shea Stadium to shag fly balls as a child.