Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco mark their 11th wedding anniversary
Share this @internewscast.com

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco shared a new portrait over the weekend to mark their 11th wedding anniversary. 

The couple, who share seven-year-old twins Jacques and Gabriella, tied the knot in a civil wedding on July 1, 2011. A religious ceremony was held the following day and a two-day national holiday was declared to mark the occasion.

Last year, to mark their 10th anniversary, the couple shared a series of slickly-produced videos celebrating their relationship.

This year it was a far more low-key affair, with Charlene, 44, and Albert, 64, sharing just a single photograph. 

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco shared a new portrait over the weekend to mark their 11th wedding anniversary. Pictured, Charlene's Instagram post

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco shared a new portrait over the weekend to mark their 11th wedding anniversary. Pictured, Charlene’s Instagram post

The portrait shows the couple standing hand-in-hand in a beautiful garden. Charlene wears a stunning seafoam green gown while Albert is dapper in suit and tie.  

It comes as Charlene continues to readjust to public life following a 10-month absence in her native South Africa and subsequent stint in a treatment facility for ‘exhaustion’. 

The mother-of-two has been largely out of the public eye for more than a year but has recently started stepping up her royal engagements. 

In May, She made her first appearance with her family since November and has since joined her husband and children at a TV festival, religious ceremonies and a royal visit to Norway. 

The couple, who share seven-year-old twins Jacques and Gabriella, tied the knot in a civil wedding on July 1, 2011. A religious ceremony was held the following day and a two-day national holiday was declared to mark the occasion

The couple, who share seven-year-old twins Jacques and Gabriella, tied the knot in a civil wedding on July 1, 2011. A religious ceremony was held the following day and a two-day national holiday was declared to mark the occasion

The royal couple’s appearance together comes after Prince Albert said he was ‘hurt by the vicious rumours’ peddled about his marriage following his wife’s absence and said that it’s the ‘most beautiful thing’ to have her back with him. 

French media has claimed she is receiving £10million a year to appear by her husband’s side at public outings. 

Leading French media reported the ruler of the tax haven Mediterranean principality was doing everything possible to keep Charlene ‘at his side at public events’. 

Major French outlets that specialise in celebrity news said Charlene’s sudden re-appearance was welcomed by all Royal watchers.

Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Albert II, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques, Princess Gabriella, Opening of the 'Sailing the Sea of Science' exhibition at the Frammuseum in Oslo on June 22

Crown Prince Haakon, Prince Albert II, Princess Charlene, Prince Jacques, Princess Gabriella, Opening of the ‘Sailing the Sea of Science’ exhibition at the Frammuseum in Oslo on June 22

Timeline: Prince Albert and Princess Charlene’s year apart

2021 

January 27 – Charlene is pictured with Albert for the Sainte Devote Ceremony in Monaco.

March 18 – Charlene is pictured at the memorial for the late Zulu monarch, King Goodwill Zwelithini at the KwaKhethomthandayo Royal Palace in Nongoma, South Africa

April 2 – Charlene posts an Instagram picture of herself, Albert and their twins Jacques and Gabriella for Easter.

It is unknown where the image was taken.

May 8 – Albert, Jacques and Gabriella attend a Grand Prix event in Monaco without Charlene

May 10 – Albert attends Monaco Gala Awards in Monaco without Charlene

May 18 – Charlene shares her first picture from her conservation trip in South Africa

June 1 – Prince Albert II, Jacques and Gabriella attend event at Oceanic Museum in Monaco

June 3 – New photos emerge of Charlene on her conservation trip

June 5- Charlene puts on a united front as she shares a photo with her family to mark her niece’s fifth birthday with her brother’s family and Albert and the twins in South Africa

June 7 – Albert and the twins attend the World Rugby Sevens without Charlene

June 17 – Prince Albert attends Red Cross Summer concert in Monte Carlo with his sister Princess Caroline of Hanover

June 18 – Prince Albert appears alone Monte Carlo TV Festival

June 24 – Charlene’s foundation releases a statement saying the royal is unable to travel and is undergoing procedures for an ear, nose and throat infection

July 2 – Charlene and Albert mark their 10th anniversary separately. ‘This year will be the first time that I’m not with my husband on our anniversary in July, which is difficult, and it saddens me,’ Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene said in a statement.

July 3 – Albert appears with glamorous niece Charlotte Casiraghi at the 15th international Monte-Carlo Jumping event, which is part of the Longines Global Champions Tour of Monaco,

July 27 – Prince Albert attends Olympics alone in Tokyo

August 13 – Charlene undergoes a four-hour operation. The reason is not announced

August 25 – Charlene shares photos of Prince Albert, Gabriella and Jacques visiting her in South Africa

September 1 – Charlene is admitted under an alias to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital after suddenly ‘collapsing’

September 2 – She is discharged, with a statement from the Palais Princier reading: ‘Her Highness is closely monitored by Her medical team who said that Her condition was not worrying’

September 23 – Prince Albert attends the 2021 Monte Carlo Gala for Planetary Health

September 29 – Prince Albert is joined on the red carpet by actress Sharon Stone for a first look at the eagerly anticipated James Bond release

September 30 – Charlene releases a stylish video promoting her anti-poaching campaign from her South African bolthole

October 3 – Princess Charlene shares a photograph of herself smiling in front of a bible in her first snap since being discharged from hospital following her health scare

October 5 – Prince Albert attends Sportel Awards Ceremony in Monte Carlo with nephew Louis Ducruet

October 6 – Albert tells RMC radio Charlene is ‘ready to come home’

October 8 – Princess undergoes surgery in South Africa

November 8 – Charlene arrives back in Monaco. Prince Albert said within hours it became clear she was ‘unwell’

November 13 – Prince Albert attends Expo 2020 in Dubai without Princess Charlene

Following his return from the trip, Prince Albert holds an intervention with Charlene’s brothers and a sister-in-law in which Charlene ‘confirmed’ she would seek ‘real medically framed treatment’ outside of Monaco

November 16 – Royal household confirms Princess Charlene will not attend National Day celebrations on 

November 19 – Prince Albert attends a Monaco Red Cross event without Princess Charlene

November 17 – Prince Albert reveals Princess Charlene has left Monaco and is recovering in a secret location

November 19 – Prince Albert reveals Charlene is in a treatment facility ‘elsewhere in Europe’ after a family intervention

2022 

January 25 – Charlene celebrates her birthday alone outside of Monaco

January 26 – Prince Albert is joined by his children and sister without Charlene at St Devote’s Day

February 27 – Prince Albert and his two children attend AS Monaco football match without Princess Charlene

March 14 – The royal palace announced Charlene had returned to Monaco. 

April 17 – Palace released Easter Sunday family portrait of couple with their seven-year-old twins Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques

April 30 – Princess Charlene makes first public appearance at Monaco E-Prix 

May 7 – Charlene joins Albert at  Sainte Dévote Rugby Tournament

May 18 – Prince Albert takes twins to Disneyland without Charlene

May 28 – Charlene and Albert appear together at Monaco F1 

‘But the Princess did not return at any price,’ magazine Voici reported. ‘She would have had her husband sign an ultra-confidential contract.’

The revelations were followed up by rival publication Paris Match Belgium, which writes: ‘Prince Albert would himself pay a tidy sum to the princess so that she appears at his side at public events.’ 

The Royal Palace in Monte Carlo refuses to discuss specific financial arrangements, but the principality pays out some £40m a year to cover the institution’s running costs.

Royals are not salaried officials, however, meaning that Charlene would be reliant on Albert – a billionaire in his own right – for her own spending money.

Princess Charlene of Monaco attended the 61st Monte Carlo TV Festival with her husband Prince Albert (pictured) on June 17

Princess Charlene of Monaco attended the 61st Monte Carlo TV Festival with her husband Prince Albert (pictured) on June 17

Prince Albert recently said he was 'hurt by the vicious rumours' peddled about his marriage following his wife's 10-month long absence from Monaco and said that it's the 'most beautiful thing' to have Princess Charlene back with him. Pictured, at the Monaco F1 on May 29

Prince Albert recently said he was ‘hurt by the vicious rumours’ peddled about his marriage following his wife’s 10-month long absence from Monaco and said that it’s the ‘most beautiful thing’ to have Princess Charlene back with him. Pictured, at the Monaco F1 on May 29

A Royal insider based in Monte Carlo told Mail Online: ‘Of course the Princess enjoys huge perks, but ready cash is not guaranteed.

‘She’s been through a very difficult time, so it would make sense for Charlene to try and secure her own guaranteed income.’

Prince Albert, 62, said the time apart was ‘a test for his wife’ but they ‘spoke often, despite the distance.

Charlene first had a 10-month absence in her native South Africa, where she contracted and was hospitalised for a serious sinus infection that delayed her return to Monaco. 

After her return to the principality in November, Charlene left almost immediately to receive treatment for ‘exhaustion’ at a Swiss clinic. 

The Monaco palace has consistently denied media reports of a rift between Charlene and the principality’s ruler Prince Albert, who were wed in 2011, following the princess’ long absence.  

Speaking to French Sunday paper Journal de Dimanche last month, Albert said the last year was ‘a test for my wife especially, who suffered greatly and lived through difficult times, far from her family. A test also for our children and for myself.

‘We missed the princess a lot. And we were obviously hurt by the malicious rumours that were peddled. But we were able to stay united despite the distance, we spoke to each other often.’

He added:  ‘Today, Charlene is back with us and this is the most beautiful thing which could have happened. She’s better, we can finally spend time together. It is a relief and a joy for all of us.’

Far from a royal fairytale: Prince Charles and Princess Charlene’s tumultuous marriage

Princess Charlene met Prince Albert in 2000 during a swimming competition in Monaco and the pair married in 2011, before welcoming twins Gabriella and Jacques in 2014.

Born in Rhodesia- a previously unrecognised state in Southern Africa colonised by the British, she relocated to South Africa aged 11.

She had a successful swimming career and went on to win three gold medals and a silver medal at the 1999 All Africa Games in Johannesburg, as well as representing South Africa at the 1998 and 2002 Commonwealth Games and winning a silver medal in the 4 × 100 m medley relay in the latter competition.

However the pair’s marriage has made numerous headlines over the years, with a third paternity suit emerging in December 2020.

Soon afterwards Charlene famously shaved half her head in the style of a punk rocker. Months later she left for South Africa.

The allegations in December 2020 claimed that Albert had fathered a love-child (which would be his third, if proven) with an unnamed Brazilian woman during the time when he and Charlene were already in a relationship.

He has also fathered two other children outside of wedlock. Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, who is now 29 and the result of Albert’s affair with an American estate agent, and Alexandre Coste, 18, whose mother is a former Togolese air hostess.

Both children were struck off Monaco’s line of succession in return for vast financial settlements.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Two Chicago women badly hurt during boating mishap in 'Playpen' of Lake Michigan

Two Chicago women badly hurt during boating mishap in ‘Playpen’ of Lake Michigan

Two women were seriously injured during a boating accident in a popular…
Liz Cheney’s Reputation Rehab Tour Flounders Badly During Stop at Reagan Library – RedState

Liz Cheney Is More Than 25 Points Down, and It’s About More Than Just Trump – RedState

Six years ago, Donald Trump and Liz Cheney were elected on the…
Nipsey Hussle honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Nipsey Hussle honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Nipsey Hussle was posthumously awarded with a star on the Hollywood Walk…
Why I gave up summer vacation

Why I gave up summer vacation

I quit! Belatedly, I’ve decided to join the “great resignation” and the…
2022 MLB Playoffs schedule could make World Series history

2022 MLB Playoffs schedule could make World Series history

The World Series could go later than ever. MLB announced its playoff…
L.A. County lifeguard dies in freeway accident

L.A. County lifeguard dies in freeway accident

Los Angeles County lifeguards on Monday mourned the loss of a young…
Debra Tate was just 10 years old when her sister was brutally murdered in her Beverly Hills home by Charles Manson's followers

Charles Manson wrote Sharon Tate’s sister letter from prison branding himself an ‘outlaw’

Charles Manson sent a creepy letter to Sharon Tate’s sister insisting he…
Washington Commanders Debut New PC Version of ‘Hail to the Redskins’ Fight Song at Pre-Season Opener

Washington Commanders Debut New PC Version of ‘Hail to the Redskins’ Fight Song at Pre-Season Opener

Last Updated on August 14, 2022 The Washington Commanders football team debuted…