Prince Harry flies abroad as Meghan Markle stays in US for 'safety'
Share this @internewscast.com

Prince Harry has jetted off to Angola where he’ll walk across explosive landmine sites as part of his work for the Halo Trust charity.

The Duke of Sussex, 40, was seen traveling alone when he arrived in Central Africa on Tuesday morning. It was reported by the Daily Mail that Meghan Markle remained in Montecito, California, citing “safety” reasons for her absence.

Similar to his late mother, Princess Diana, Harry has made previous visits to active landmine locations. He touched down at Luanda airport before taking a smaller aircraft to reach the hazardous regions.

The “Spare” author, who became patron of the charity in 2019, is expected to walk across the same terrain as his mother did 28 years ago.

The late princess famously walked through a landmine field in a flak jacket and helmet just months before her untimely death later that year.

Harry is expected to give a speech on Tuesday, though the British press has been denied entry to the event, the outlet adds.

A source informed the outlet, “Given the security concerns, the duke won’t let his wife visit England, so he certainly wouldn’t allow her to accompany him to Angola to walk across landmines.”

Safety fears aside, insiders claim that the duke prefers to keep his charity work separate from his marriage.

“Halo is really his thing, it means so much to him to be patron, and he just wants to keep his work with them to himself,” the insider added.

The Post has reached out to reps for the Sussexes for comment.

It’s not the first Halo Trust event that the “Suits” alum, 43, has skipped.

The former actress previously missed a United Nations event in NYC last September, as well as Harry’s 2019 trip to Angola with the same charity.

While the exact reason for Harry’s visit is unknown, sources suggest that the duke’s presence has a direct effect on funding from the Angolan government.

“Usually these trips help to drive a bit more money from the government,” a source told the outlet.

The duke’s last venture to Angola took place in 2019, during which he wore protective gear and a visor.

Harry’s visit was also a poignant one, as he toured the area his mother had previously traversed. The area has since been honored with the Diana Tree that has been planted in the late princess’s memory.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Tinsel, Taps and 'Tinis | A new initiative to explore Downtown Jacksonville

Discover Downtown Jacksonville: Sip, Shop, and Celebrate with Tinsel & Tinis

Downtown Vision has launched an initiative designed to introduce residents to the…
Weather Impact Alert: Freeze warning in place for SE Georgia Saturday with near freezing in Jacksonville

Southeast Georgia Braces for Freeze Warning Saturday; Jacksonville Temperatures Near Freezing

A surge of frigid air ushers in the start of our Thanksgiving…
President Donald Trump says he's terminating all orders Joe Biden signed with autopen

President Donald Trump Announces Plans to Revoke All Autopen-Signed Orders by Joe Biden

In a bold proclamation from the nation’s capital, former President Donald Trump…
Train pushes car quarter-mile on tracks as 82-year-old driver suffers minor injuries

Elderly Driver Survives After Train Drags Car for Quarter-Mile on Tracks

In a remarkable incident this week in New Jersey, an elderly woman…
Jacksonville Holiday River Fest: Know before you go

Ultimate Guide to Jacksonville Holiday River Fest 2023: Essential Tips for a Memorable Experience

Jacksonville is set to dazzle with its inaugural Holiday River Fest, featuring…
National Guardsman shot in DC is 'hanging on,' family pleading for prayer, congressman says

Family Seeks Prayers as National Guardsman Fights for Life After DC Shooting, Congressman Reports

In a pressing call for hope and support, a West Virginia National…
New video emerges of DC National Guard shooting as soldier clings to life

Shocking Footage Released: DC National Guard Incident Leaves Soldier Critically Injured

New video emerges of DC National Guard shooting Fox News correspondent Madeleine…
Rangers fail to duplicate road success at MSG, fall to 2-8-1 at home after loss to Lightning

Rangers Struggle to Replicate Road Triumphs at MSG, Suffer 2-8-1 Home Record with Loss to Lightning

By Allan Kreda The New York Rangers are currently leading the NHL…
Afghan national admitted via Operation Allies Welcome charged with making terroristic threat, DHS says

Afghan Evacuee from Operation Allies Welcome Faces Charges for Alleged Threats, DHS Reports

An Afghan national has been taken into custody after allegedly posting a…
Multiple victims with gunshot wounds at Valley Fair Mall in California on Black Friday: police

Gunfire Erupts at California’s Valley Fair Mall on Black Friday, Police Report Multiple Injuries

A shooting at Westfield Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, California, has…
Texas girl rescued after sand hole she was digging collapses, burying her

Heroic Rescue: Texas Girl Saved After Sand Hole Collapse During Beach Outing

A 12-year-old girl found herself in a perilous situation in Texas when…
New White House Media Bias Website Just Turned On the Floodlights

White House Launches Comprehensive Media Bias Website to Illuminate News Reporting

President Donald Trump, at his core, remains a marketing strategist. His sharp…