Share this @internewscast.com
The draining of a swimming pool at former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort that led to the flooding of a computer server room last October has reportedly caught the attention of prosecutors working for special counsel Jack Smith.
At least one witness has been asked about the server room flood by prosecutors investigating Trump’s handling of classified material, according to a CNN report on Monday.
The flooded room on the property held video logs for the Palm Beach, Fla., club, according to the report. The videos may show the movement of boxes of classified documents that Trump, 76, held onto after his presidency.
It’s unclear if prosecutors have established whether the flooding of the server room was intentional or an accident.
A spokesman for Trump did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.
The incident occurred about two months after the FBI’s August 2022 raid of Mar-a-Lago during which agents found hundreds of classified documents inside Trump’s private club and residence.
A witness reportedly told prosecutors that the IT equipment in the flooded room was not damaged, according to CNN.
The news outlet also reports that the pool draining incident and other actions by Trump’s employees during the Justice Department’s investigation may factor into a possible obstruction conspiracy case.
The report notes that the maintenance worker responsible for draining the pool also helped Trump aide Walt Nauta move boxes of classified documents around the former president’s estate before the FBI raid.
In May, investigators interviewed two Trump Organization executives – Matthew Calamari Sr. and his son Matthew Calamari Jr. – about the handling of surveillance footage from Mar-a–Lago.
The father-son pair are believed to have been asked questions about the Trump Organization’s handling of footage that reportedly captured Nauta and the maintenance worker moving boxes out of a storage closet.
CNN also reports that investigators were interested in the maintenance worker’s conversations and a text message from Nauta to Calamari Sr.
The Justice Department reportedly issued a subpoena for the footage last summer.
Nauta reportedly told the FBI last year that he was ordered by Trump to move the document-filled boxes out of the Mar-a-Lago storage closet.
Trump has vehemently denied any wrongdoing related to the classified document probe.