Ricky Martin hit with restraining order, denies allegations
Share this @internewscast.com

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A judge has issued a restraining order against Puerto Rican superstar Ricky Martin, police said Saturday.

The order was signed Friday, and authorities visited an upscale neighborhood in the north coastal town of Dorado where the singer lives to try to serve the order, police spokesman Axel Valencia told The Associated Press.

“Up until now, police haven’t been able to find him,” Valencia said.

Martin, 50, has denied the allegations in a statement issued via People by his reps.

“The allegations against Ricky Martin that lead to a protection order are completely false and fabricated,” the statement reads.

“We are very confident that when the true facts come out in this matter our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated.”

It was not immediately known who requested the restraining order. Valencia told AP he could not provide further details because the order was filed under Puerto Rico’s domestic violence law.

Ricky Martin and Jwan Yosef
Ricky Martin, pictured here with husband Jwan Yosef, at the amfAR Gala in Cannes.
Getty Images for amfAR

El Vocero, a Puerto Rico newspaper, said the order states that Martin and the other party allegedly dated for seven months. The report quotes the order as saying they broke up two months ago, but the petitioner alleges that Martin did not accept the separation and has been seen loitering near the petitioner’s house at least three times.

“The petitioner fears for his safety,” El Vocero quoted the order as saying.

AP has not obtained a copy of the order.

Valencia told AP that the order prohibits Martin from contacting or calling the person who filed it and that a judge will later determine at a hearing whether the order should remain in place or be lifted. He added that usually orders are implemented for at least a month.

Valencia noted that the person who filed for the restraining order did not contact police, which would have involved prosecutors determining if there was enough evidence to file charges. Rather the request went straight to the court.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Buh-Bye, Liz Cheney – RedState

Buh-Bye, Liz Cheney – RedState

It’s finally primary day in Wyoming. This is finally the day that…
Windsor Castle intruder admitted plan 'to kill the queen'

Windsor Castle intruder admitted plan ‘to kill the queen’

The hooded and masked intruder who busted in Windsor Castle with a…
'Double standards' on Tommy Lee, Britney Spears nudes: fans

‘Double standards’ on Tommy Lee, Britney Spears nudes: fans

Fans of Tommy Lee and Britney Spears have found themselves at the…
Pop Idol icon Darius Campbell Danesh was just weeks away from a reunion tour with his former co-stars when he was found unresponsive in his bed aged 41. Pictured: Gareth Gates (left) Hayley Evetts, Darius Danesh (centre) and Will Young (right)

Darius Campbell Danesh: Singer and theatre star had been planning a Pop Idol UK reunion tour

Pop Idol icon Darius Campbell Danesh was just weeks away from a…
Harriet Hageman

Liz Cheney looks poised to lose her House seat as Wyoming votes Tuesday

Former President Donald Trump’s top critic in the House – Rep. Liz…
WEF Calls For "Global Intelligence Collecting AI" To Completely Erase Dangerous Ideas From Internet

WEF Calls For “Global Intelligence Collecting AI” To Completely Erase Dangerous Ideas From Internet

Last Updated on August 16, 2022 In a recent article post, the…
R. Kelly wants to bar jurors who have seen ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ docuseries

R. Kelly wants to bar jurors who have seen ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ docuseries

Convicted sex predator R. Kelly asked a court to disqualify anyone who…
Inside Afghanistan a year after the Taliban reclaimed power

Inside Afghanistan a year after the Taliban reclaimed power

It was a stunning rout.   A year ago Monday, a ragtag army…