Rubio promises more strikes on Venezuelan cartels: ‘We’re not going to sit back anymore’
Share this @internewscast.com

On Wednesday, Secretary of State Marco Rubio offered firm support for President Donald Trump’s decision to attack a vessel controlled by a drug cartel off the coast of Venezuela. Rubio emphasized that the U.S. will no longer watch idly when faced with “narco-terrorism.”

When asked about the Marine operation that targeted the vessel in the southern Caribbean, allegedly transporting members of the Tren de Aragua to the U.S. with drugs, Rubio stated, “We refuse to continue sitting by while these groups treat the Caribbean Sea as their personal cruise route.”

This move resulted in the deaths of 11 members of the group, which had been classified as a terrorist organization in February. It highlighted a significant departure from the U.S.’s previous strategy, which focused on capture and confiscation in tackling international criminal networks. 

Rubio speaks to reporters in Mexico

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio addresses the press at the Secretaria Of Foreign Affairs Building in Mexico City, September 3, 2025. (Hector Vivas/Getty Images)

Rubio further highlighted that groups like Tren de Aragua are seemingly obtaining sophisticated armaments such as drones and pose a rising threat to global security. 

“We are highly alarmed that these cartels have access to more than just landmines and grenades. We now observe these narco-terrorist factions using drone technology from bases in Venezuela,” he mentioned, emphasizing their role in endangering security in nearby nations like Columbia.

Gang members being forced into prison cells

The video also showed the suspects getting their hair shaven and walking with their hands behind their necks as they are being transported from the U.S. to El Salvador in March 2025. (@nayibbukele via X)

Rubio confirmed the strategy employed on Tuesday is how the U.S. will continue to counter international narcotics and arms smuggling. 

“It’ll happen again. Maybe it’s happening right now, I don’t know. But the point is the president of the United States is going to wage war on narco-terrorist organizations,” Rubio said.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Illinois man charged with arson after allegedly setting home ablaze on Thanksgiving

Illinois Resident Accused of Thanksgiving Day House Fire

In a shocking Thanksgiving incident, an Illinois man found himself behind bars…
Northwestern University federal funding restored after school reaches deal with Trump administration, officials say

Northwestern University Secures Federal Funding Restoration Following Agreement with Trump Administration

Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has successfully negotiated a deal with the…
Waters: The Media Don't 'Resist' Trump

Maxine Waters Criticizes Media for Lack of Opposition to Trump

During a segment on CNN’s “The Story Is” aired on Wednesday, Rep.…
Pro-Palestinian agitators storm popular fashion store in Manhattan on Black Friday, 4 arrested: NYPD

Black Friday Chaos: Pro-Palestinian Protesters Clash at Iconic Manhattan Fashion Store

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) reported the arrest of at…
Sophisticated porch pirate ring hacked shipment tracking info to steal hundreds of phones, prosecutor says

Tech-Savvy Thieves Exploit Tracking Data to Snatch Hundreds of Phones, Authorities Reveal

Prosecutors in New York have dismantled an intricate porch piracy network, wherein…
Driver carjacked in West Village by machete-wielding muggers

Driver Victimized by Machete-Wielding Assailants in West Village Carjacking

A man, aged 27, experienced a terrifying carjacking in downtown Manhattan when…
Pei-Yun Chung: 'Dine-and-dash diva' accused of skipping out on bills at high-end Brooklyn, New York City restaurants

Brooklyn’s ‘Dine-and-Dash Diva’ Allegedly Leaves High-End Eateries Without Paying

NEW YORK — A social media influencer, notorious for allegedly evading payments…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
Sheriff slams law enforcement agencies for releasing illegal immigrant who allegedly hit Ohio nurse

Sheriff Criticizes Law Enforcement Agencies Over Release of Undocumented Immigrant Accused in Ohio Nurse Incident

In a recent incident that has sparked outrage, an Ohio sheriff criticized…
Mike Brown: Knicks’ Jalen Brunson belongs in MVP conversation

NBA Insight: Mike Brown Advocates for Jalen Brunson’s Spot in MVP Race with New York Knicks

New York Knicks head coach Mike Brown is championing his star point…
American cruise ship passenger goes missing on island tour

American Cruise Ship Passenger Reported Missing During Island Excursion

An American woman has been reported missing after she failed to return…
Cheerleader who died aboard Carnival cruise ship cremated, death certificate reveals

Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Unraveling Anna Kepner’s Enigma, Alex Murdaugh’s Legal Drama, and the Stalled Investigation of Martha Moxley

In a tragic turn of events, 18-year-old Anna Kepner was discovered deceased…