Share this @internewscast.com
Furious Saturday Night Live insiders have broken their silence about Morgan Wallen’s ‘bad behavior’ after he walked off the comedy show last weekend.
The country singer, 31, had performed his hits I’m The Problem and Just In Case on Saturday’s episode. But his appearance ended abruptly when he bolted off the stage as the closing credits started to roll.
His controversial departure, leaving guest host and Oscar-winning actress Mikey Madison alone on stage, upset a decades-long tradition of celebrity guests mingling onstage until the cameras cut away. And it left viewers with one simple question: Why?
Now an SNL staffer has told the Daily Mail that Wallen was ‘completely disrespectful’ on the show – and they’re blaming his ‘MAGA’ politics.
‘He was unprofessional the entire time and came in with a chip on his shoulder,’ the insider said. ‘He thought that he was this massive star that deserved to be treated as if they were lucky to have him. When he wasn’t getting that he threw a tantrum.’

Morgan Wallen, 31, performed his hits I’m The Problem and Just In Case on Saturday Night Live last weekend

The country singer bolted offstage as the closing credits started to roll, leaving guest host and Oscar-winning actress Mikey Madison (right) alone on stage
‘SNL has never had anyone exit before the credits and this really pissed a lot of people off. All it did was get him blackballed from ever appearing on SNL again.’
Wallen had reportedly already angered staff when he refused to appear in a skit about long lines in New York City, forcing them to replace him with singer Joe Jonas at the last minute.
Adding insult to injury, he then skipped the traditional SNL party after filming and headed directly to the airport. There, he posted a picture of his private jet on Instagram with the caption: ‘Get me to God’s Country.’
For some SNL cast members, that was the final straw.
‘His post was a total slap in the face for the folks who work so hard on the show,’ our source said.
On Monday, veteran SNL comedian Kenan Thompson also criticized Wallen’s post, saying: ‘The “God’s country” of it all is strange. Like, what are you trying to say? You trying to say that we are not in God’s country? We’re not all in God’s country? We’re not all under God’s umbrella?
‘I don’t know what goes through people’s minds when they decide to do stuff like that. I don’t know if he understood the assignment or not, or if he was really feeling a certain kind of way.’
Perhaps, insiders suggest, Wallen’s political views conflicted with the cast’s well-known liberal sympathies.
SNL was widely criticized for soft-peddling their mockery of the Biden administration up until Joe Biden’s disastrous debate against President Donald Trump in June 2024.
After that, SNL took a harder – and funnier – line against the then 81-year-old Democrat. But Trump’s White House has not enjoyed a similar honeymoon period.

Perhaps, insiders suggest, Wallen’s political views conflicted with the cast’s well-known liberal sympathies. (Pictured: Wallen with his son Indigo Wilder).

Adding insult to injury, Wallen skipped the traditional SNL afterparty, headed directly to a nearby airport, and then posted a picture of his private jet on Instagram with the caption, ‘Get me to God’s Country’ (pictured).
On Saturday, SNL opened the show with a satirical skit focused on the controversy that engulfed the White House last week after top Trump defense officials mistakenly added a journalist into a group chat discussing secret plans to attack Houthi rebels in Yemen.
The segment showed a drunken Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth (played by comedian Andrew Dismukes) accidentally sending war plans to three teenage girls.
The suggestion is that the skit may have angered Wallen.
‘Morgan wears his political affiliation like a badge of honor but did not talk about it outright,’ our SNL source said. ‘He is MAGA and everyone knows this. But he never praised Trump or anything like that.’
Wallen’s representatives did not respond to our requests for comment. Although a separate source told the DailyMail that there was ‘no tantrum’ and that Wallen ‘is not banned’ from returning to the show.
Variety magazine has cited anonymous sources who say that Wallen’s walk-off was simply an ‘oops’ moment.
Regardless, this was not Wallen’s only brush with controversy.
The very first time he was invited to host SNL, in October 2020, his appearance was cancelled at the last minute after video surfaced showing him partying and ignoring social distancing edicts at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Wallen issued an apology at the time, saying ‘my actions this past weekend were pretty shortsighted and they have obviously affected my long-term goals and my dreams.’
He was forgiven and invited back on SNL just two months later.


In December 2024, Wallen pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment for throwing a chair from the rooftop of a six-story bar in Nashville in April of that year.
But another month later, in January 2021, he found himself mired in scandal once again when a video of Wallen drunkenly shouting the N-word at friends outside his home went viral.
He tried to explain away the slur in an interview with Good Morning America, saying he ‘was around some of my friends, and we say dumb stuff together, and it was — in our minds, it’s playful… that sounds ignorant, but it — that’s really where it came from… and it’s wrong.’
Then, in December 2024, Wallen pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of reckless endangerment for throwing a chair from the rooftop of a six-story bar in Nashville in April of that year.
Whatever difficulties Wallen find’s himself in next, one thing’s likely: it probably won’t happen live on SNL. Because, as our insider put it, Wallen will ‘never be welcomed back.’