Share this @internewscast.com
Tragedy struck in Newark, N.J., on Saturday night when gunfire claimed the lives of a 10-year-old boy and a 21-year-old woman. Three others were injured in the incident, according to local authorities.
At approximately 7 p.m., police officers arrived at the scene in the city’s South Ward following reports of shots fired. Upon arrival, they discovered five individuals who had been hit, as reported by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office.
Both the young boy and the woman were quickly transported to a nearby hospital, where they were unfortunately pronounced dead. The authorities have not disclosed their identities yet.
The other victims, including an 11-year-old boy, a 19-year-old man, and a 60-year-old man, are currently in stable condition. Details regarding the nature of their injuries have not been made public at this time.

Authorities responded to the gunfire reports in Newark’s South Ward around 7 p.m. on Saturday, November 15, 2025. (FOX5 New York WNYW)
The investigation into the shooting is ongoing, with no arrests reported as of Sunday morning.

The identities of the victims have not been released. (FOX5 New York WNYW)
Gov. Phil Murphy said he had been briefed on the incident, posting on X: “Please pray for the victims and their families.”
Newark Mayor Ras J. Baraka called the shooting “depraved and senseless,” and “a dark and devastating day” for the city.

The prosecutor’s office said the investigation into the shooting was ongoing. (FOX5 New York WNYW)
“We will not rest until there is justice for the parents and families left behind in unspeakable pain and grief,” Baraka said in a statement. “Newark will work tirelessly with the prosecutor’s office, state law enforcement, and federal agencies to ensure justice is served. We urge the killer to turn himself in—there is no safe place to hide.”
“Our hearts go out to the victims, their families, and everyone affected by this trauma,” the statement continued. “Our prayers are with them—and our actions will support them.”