US hits dozens of ISIS targets in Syria -- in retaliatory strikes for killing of 2 American soldiers

In a significant escalation of military efforts, the United States launched extensive airstrikes against ISIS strongholds in Syria, capturing or eliminating 50 members of the terrorist group. This offensive was a direct response to the deaths of two American soldiers, as confirmed by US military representatives on Saturday.

As part of “Operation Hawkeye,” a counteraction to ISIS’s lethal assault on December 13, 2025, over 90 precision-guided bombs were deployed by 20 US aircraft across at least 35 locations. This ambush had claimed the lives of three Americans, including two servicemen, prompting this aggressive military strategy.

From February 3 to February 12, US Central Command reported executing 10 strikes targeting 30 ISIS positions. These operations resulted in the destruction of various weapons depots and critical infrastructure supporting the terrorist group.

Accompanying Saturday’s briefing was declassified footage that vividly depicted the intense impact of the attacks. The videos showcased explosions sending clouds of dust and debris into the air, underscoring the operation’s destructive power.


Aerial view of a bombed ISIS target in Syria.
An ISIS target in Syria is destroyed in a continuation of ongoing retaliatory attacks that have killed over 50 terrorists since starting on Dec. 19, 2025. x/CENTCOM

According to CBS, the mission employed a diverse array of aircraft, including F-15Es, A-10s, AC-130Js, MQ-9 drones, and Jordanian F-16s, highlighting the extensive collaboration and advanced technology utilized in the strikes.

This offensive represents the third wave of retaliatory attacks since the deadly ambush, with the US targeting over 70 ISIS sites in Syria on December 19, shortly after the initial killings.

The Trump admin launched another volley of airstrikes on Jan. 10, 35 targets struck with precision-guided missiles, according to US CENTCOM.

“The strikes today targeted ISIS throughout Syria as part of our ongoing commitment to root out Islamic terrorism against our warfighters, prevent future attacks, and protect American and partner forces in the region,” US Central Command warned in a post on X last month.

“Our message remains strong: if you harm our warfighters, we will find you and kill you anywhere in the world, no matter how hard you try to evade justice,” CentCom concluded.

At least 50 ISIS fighters were captured or killed during Operation Hawkeye, which launched on Dec. 19, 2025.


F-15 fighter jet parked at an airfield at dusk with a person standing beside it.
One of the aircraft used to carry out Saturday’s bombing campaign against ISIS targets in Syria, according to US CentCom. x/CENTCOM

The operation is part of President Trump’s promise to “retaliate” against ISIS for the terror group’s ambush.

Sgt. Edgar Brian Torres-Tovar and Sgt. William Nathaniel Howard, both with the US National Guard from Iowa, and US civilian interpreter Ayad Mansoor Sakat were gunned by an ISIS terrorist.

“We will never forget, and never relent,” Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said in an X post following military operations on Jan. 10.

The Syrian Defense Ministry said government forces had gained control of a key base in the east of the country that was operated by the US military for years, NBC reported Thursday.

Officials did not announce any casualties associated with the strikes.

With Wires

You May Also Like

School Vaccination Rates Hit Record Low, Exemptions New High - Internewscast Journal

School Vaccination Rates Hit Record Low, Exemptions New High

Vaccination coverage among U.S. kindergartners slipped once more last school year, while…
Penn State Cocaine Bust: 14 Arrested Over Alleged Pledge Rituals - Internewscast Journal

Penn State Cocaine Bust: 14 Arrested Over Alleged Pledge Rituals

More than a dozen people with ties to Penn State are facing…
Judge Deals Blow to FBI Headquarters Move to Reagan Building - Internewscast Journal

Judge Deals Blow to FBI Headquarters Move to Reagan Building

A federal judge in Maryland has halted the Trump administration’s effort to…
Italy-Spain Border Feud Exposes Europe’s Immigration Crisis - Internewscast Journal

Italy-Spain Border Feud Exposes Europe’s Immigration Crisis

Tensions are deepening between Italy’s right-leaning government and Spain’s left-wing leadership as…
Cruise Passengers Gannon Jacox and Brooklyn Hicks Arrested at Port Canaveral Over Alleged Cabin Intrusion and Child Assault - Internewscast Journal

Cruise Passengers Gannon Jacox and Brooklyn Hicks Arrested at Port Canaveral Over Alleged Cabin Intrusion and Child Assault

An Ohio couple accused of being intoxicated forced their way into a…
Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns - Internewscast Journal

Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns

Luigi Mangione pleads guilty in federal case Luigi Mangione has pleaded guilty…
36 Poop-Covered Border Collies Rescued in Florida Get New Start - Internewscast Journal

36 Poop-Covered Border Collies Rescued in Florida Get New Start

Dozens of Border Collies found coated in feces inside what officials described…
Virginia Man Acquitted by Insanity Flees US on Hospital Pass - Internewscast Journal

Virginia Man Acquitted by Insanity Flees US on Hospital Pass

A Virginia man who was acquitted by reason of insanity in a…
Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US - Internewscast Journal

Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US

U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner issued a blunt warning to Hamas on…
What Sparked the Wild Steakhouse Brawl in Beverly Hills? - Internewscast Journal

What Sparked the Wild Steakhouse Brawl in Beverly Hills?

A night out at one of Beverly Hills’ upscale steakhouses reportedly spiraled…
Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say - Internewscast Journal

Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say

What began as a 911 call from a Missouri motel quickly shifted…
Trump’s World Liberty Wins Early Approval to Launch Crypto Bank - Internewscast Journal

Trump’s World Liberty Wins Early Approval to Launch Crypto Bank

A trust firm connected to the Trump family’s cryptocurrency venture, World Liberty…