The Louvre heist suspects: What to know about the 4 suspects in the Louvre Museum crown jewels heist
Share this @internewscast.com

PARIS — Four individuals have been charged and detained in connection with the recent heist at the Louvre, where $102 million worth of crown jewels were stolen. Among those charged are three people suspected of directly participating in the daring break-in and theft.

Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau highlighted the suspects’ apparent close ties. Notably, two of them have prior convictions from a 2015 theft case, and all are residents of the northern suburbs of Paris.

Authorities have yet to recover the stolen jewelry, and a fourth member of the group, dubbed the “commando,” remains at large. Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez stated that investigators are also pursuing leads on who might have orchestrated the crime.

In accordance with French law, which aims to protect the integrity of investigations, the names and detailed backgrounds of the suspects have not been released to the public.

Here are the details known about the suspects so far:

Man aged 34 arrested at Paris airport

One suspect is a 34-year-old Algerian national who has been residing in France since 2010. He is believed to be one of the two individuals who used disc cutters to break into the Apollo Gallery and seize the precious jewels.

He was arrested on Oct. 25, six days after the heist, at Charles de Gaulle airport as he was about to fly to Algeria with no return ticket.

The Algerian national lives in a suburb north of Paris named Aubervilliers and is known to police mostly for road traffic offenses and one theft. His DNA matched a scooter used in the getaway.

He told investigators he currently has no job but used to work as a garbage collector and delivery man. He faces preliminary charges of theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

Another suspect believed to have entered the Apollo Gallery

A 39-year-old-man was also arrested on Oct. 25 at his home in Aubervilliers, where he was born. He is believed to be the second man who entered the Apollo Gallery. His DNA was found on one of the glass cases where the jewels were displayed and on items the thieves left behind.

He is known to police for several thefts.

The 39-year-old is to go on trial later this month for damaging a mirror and the door of the prison cell he was being detained in as part of a separate theft investigation, in which he was later cleared. He told investigators he works as a taxi driver operating illegally.

He faces preliminary charges of theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

Beccuau said both men gave “minimalist” statements and “partially admitted” their involvement in the Louvre heist.

A 37-year-old man with a record of theft

A 37-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday, 10 days after the heist.

He is believed to be the third member of the team of four who arrived at the Louvre with a lift truck, simulating renovation work to stop the vehicle at the foot of the museum. The four left on two scooters headed toward eastern Paris.

His DNA was found inside the basket lift.

The Paris prosecutor said he denied involvement.

His criminal record contains 11 previous convictions, 10 of them for theft. He was convicted in 2015 in Paris in the same theft case as the 39-year-old suspect.

He faces preliminary charges of theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

A 38-year-old woman accused of being an accomplice

A 38-year-old woman arrested Wednesday is the longtime partner of the 37-year-old suspect. They have children together. The couple lives in La Courneuve, another northern suburb of Paris close to Aubervilliers.

The woman denied any involvement, her lawyer said.

A small amount of her DNA was found on the basket lift which could possibly be due to “DNA transfer” according to the Paris prosecutor – that is DNA she may have left on someone or on some item that later transferred on the basket lift.

She faces preliminary charges of complicity in theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

The video in the player above is from a previous report.

.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Israel’s 'war between the wars' with Hamas continues, despite cease-fire

Israel’s Ongoing ‘War Between Wars’ with Hamas: Beyond the Cease-Fire

GAZA — Despite the US-facilitated ceasefire between the Israel Defense Forces and…
Heartless nut trashes NYC's Uncle Jack's on Valentine's Day

Outrage as NYC’s Beloved Uncle Jack’s Faces Unthinkable Valentine’s Day Vandalism

Perhaps he was in need of a hug. In the early hours…
Hiker dies near summit of New York's tallest peak after slipping off trail

Tragic Fall: Hiker Loses Life Near Summit of New York’s Highest Peak

A tragic accident claimed the life of a 21-year-old hiker who fell…
Zelenskyy ally arrested trying to flee Ukraine as massive corruption probe deepens

High-Profile Zelenskyy Ally Arrested in Ukraine Amid Intensifying Corruption Crackdown

On Sunday, Ukraine’s former energy minister found himself in custody after being…
LA cops blast California's soft DUI laws

California’s DUI Laws Under Fire from LA Officers

California has witnessed a troubling surge in drunk driving incidents, with six…
Mamdani urged to build housing on underutilized CUNY campuses: report

Advocates Call on Mamdani to Transform Underused CUNY Campuses into Vital Housing Solutions

A proactive think tank is advocating for City Hall to transform the…
Witkoff and Kushner reportedly tell Trump nuclear deal with Iran 'difficult to impossible'

Experts Witkoff and Kushner Advise Trump: Iran Nuclear Deal Faces Major Hurdles

Advisors close to President Trump have reportedly cautioned him about the significant…
Trump's Board of Peace to announce $5B in funding for Gaza reconstruction

Trump’s Peace Board Unveils $5 Billion Initiative for Gaza Reconstruction Efforts

In West Palm Beach, Fla., President Trump made a significant announcement on…
'Who gives a s--t who owns Greenland?'

Greenland Ownership Debate: Why the Island’s Future Matters More Than Ever

Senator Lindsey Graham from South Carolina brushed off concerns from Europe regarding…
NYC’s richest ‘super speeders’ rack up $10M in speed camera fines over 12 months: report

Wealthy NYC Drivers Accumulate $10 Million in Speeding Fines from Cameras in Just One Year: Report

They’re not just burning rubber; they’re also setting fire to their finances.…
Billboard targeting James Charles reignites sexual misconduct accusations

Explosive Billboard Sparks Renewed Allegations Against Influencer James Charles

In Los Angeles, a new billboard has emerged, bringing back to public…
Arizona Sheriff Chris Nanos leading search for Nancy Guthrie, rules out theory her disappearance was burglary gone bad

Arizona Sheriff Dismisses Burglary Theory in Mysterious Disappearance of Nancy Guthrie

The sheriff of Arizona, spearheading the effort to locate the missing Nancy…