Share this @internewscast.com

A fourth instance of measles has surfaced in Los Angeles County, prompting health officials to advise the public to remain vigilant and take necessary safety measures.
The infected individual, who recently returned from a trip abroad, landed at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on February 9. During the contagious phase, they visited various public venues across the county, as reported by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
Authorities have indicated that those present at Terminal B on February 9, between 7:30 p.m. and 9:40 p.m., might have been exposed to the virus. Furthermore, local health departments will reach out to passengers who were seated near the infected person during the flight.
Exposure might also have occurred at the following locations on these specified dates and times:
Burger King #317, located at 1212 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, on February 10, 2026, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Taqueria El Atacor #3, situated at 11156 1/2 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA 90606, on February 11, 2026, between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Domino’s Pizza #7857, 803 W Whittier Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, February 12, 2026, 4 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
7-Eleven #25387, 1106 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, February 13, 2026, 4:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Officials are asking those who might have been exposed to take precautions because they may be at risk of developing measles 7 to 21 days after exposure.
“As measles cases increase, it is important that residents take steps to make sure they are fully protected,” Muntu Davis, MD, MPH, Los Angeles County Health Officer. “The MMR vaccine is the safest and most reliable way to prevent measles and protect yourself, your family, and your community.”
He added, “Measles spreads easily and can lead to serious complications, including pneumonia, brain swelling, and even death.”
Officials said they “urge everyone to confirm their immunity and get the MMR vaccine if needed, especially before traveling.”
This makes it the fourth confirmed case of measles this year in LA County.
The third case was reported on Feb. 2 and involved a resident who traveled internationally and visited at least one public location, the Mardi Gras Tuesday restaurant on January 24. The second case was reported on Jan. 31, followed by the first on Jan. 30. All of the cases have involved international travel, officials said.
Earlier this month, Orange County officials confirmed a second case of measles involving a person who visited Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on Jan. 22, according to the Orange County Health Care Agency.
It followed another measles case involving an international traveler who arrived in LA and visited both Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure Park, and at a restaurant at a Disney hotel in Anaheim.
Measles can be spread through tiny airborne droplets that can linger in the air for hours and survive on surfaces, per the CDC.
Symptoms can range from fever, cough, runny nose, red eyes and a rash that typically begins on the face before spreading to the rest of the body. If symptoms appear, contact your healthcare provider immediately.