Ohio weatherman Mark Johnson holding a microphone with the ABC 5 logo.
Share this @internewscast.com

A TV weatherman has been mysteriously taken off-air by network bosses after a career that spanned more than 30 years.

Meteorologist Mark Johnson had been informing WEWS-TV viewers for more than three decades before chiefs confirmed he had been let go.

Ohio weatherman Mark Johnson holding a microphone with the ABC 5 logo.
Weatherman Mark Johnson has been pulled off the air following decades at WEWS-TVCredit: Facebook
Ohio weatherman presenting weather forecast.
A vague reason for Johnson’s departure was given by chiefsCredit: Facebook

WEWS chiefs announced on Friday that Johnson was no longer employed.

“Our goal is for our audiences to be assured that News 5, alongside our parent company, Scripps, is deeply committed to safeguarding their trust. We achieve this by enforcing the strictest ethical standards among our employees,” stated Steve Weinstein, the network’s vice president.

“We cannot provide further details, as this is a personnel matter.”

Johnson’s sudden departure from the network left viewers annoyed – with some threatening not to watch the channel again.

“Well no reason for me to ever watch WEWS 5 every again. Not without Mark Johnson,” one viewer raged.

Johnson replied to the post and said: “I still love my News5 Family. Some great people.”

Fans have said they’ve been left in disbelief by the weatherman’s departure.

“I am in complete and utter shock!!! This is unreal” one said.

“I loved watching Mark Johnson on news channel 5!!!”

The devastated viewer paid tribute to Johnson for how he would brighten their day by pulling pranks and telling jokes.

They described the presenter as a “breath of fresh air.”

Scores of social media users have threatened to boycott WEWS-TV as a result.

Johnson joined WEWS-TV in 1993 and spent more than 30 years at the network.

In November 2023, he marked his 30th anniversary with the channel.

“Truly honored and blessed to be part of the News 5 Cleveland family for 3 decades,” he wrote on Facebook.

“Thank you for welcoming me into your home all these years.”

Johnson’s biography on the WEWS website has since been removed, as reported by the Akron Beacon Journal.

He picked up Emmy Awards during his journalism career.

Johnson was also part of the American Meteorological Society and received a gong from the National Weather Association.

But, the weatherman changed his Facebook cover photo after it became apparent he had left the network.

Johnson has been active on social media following his departure from WEWS.

He paid tribute to his late mother on Mother’s Day and he shared a picture of a seismograph of an earthquake that rocked Ashtabula County, Ohio.

And, he appeared to tease his future plans.

“My 30 years in media have prepared me for the next step,” Johnson teased on his LinkedIn account.

“This is not only the future, it is the now!”

Weatherman Mark Johnson with 30th anniversary balloons.
Johnson was at the network for more than 30 yearsCredit: Facebook
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
WATCH: Trump Blasts Reporter over National Guard Shooting Question

WATCH: Trump Criticizes Reporter in Response to National Guard Shooting Inquiry

President Donald Trump did not shy away from expressing his frustration during…
'Jailhouse Karen' Bryan Kohberger complains about prison bananas after quadruple murder conviction: report

Convicted Murderer Bryan Kohberger Criticizes Prison Bananas Following Quadruple Homicide Verdict: Report

A convicted murderer, Bryan Kohberger, has recently made headlines for reportedly expressing…
Mike Brown: Knicks’ Jalen Brunson belongs in MVP conversation

NBA Insight: Mike Brown Advocates for Jalen Brunson’s Spot in MVP Race with New York Knicks

New York Knicks head coach Mike Brown is championing his star point…
Jacksonville Holiday River Fest: Know before you go

Ultimate Guide to Jacksonville Holiday River Fest 2023: Essential Tips for a Memorable Experience

Jacksonville is set to dazzle with its inaugural Holiday River Fest, featuring…
Hegseth slams report on boat strike targeting attack survivors, denies war crimes

Hegseth Criticizes Allegations of Boat Strike on Attack Survivors, Refutes War Crime Claims

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has vehemently dismissed allegations suggesting that he commanded…
NFL news: Chicago Bears beat defending Super Bowl champions, Philadelphia Eagles, 24-15 on the road, advance to 9-3

Chicago Bears Triumph Over Super Bowl Champs Eagles, Secure 9-3 Record with Dominant Road Win

Kyle Monangai delivered a standout performance, rushing for 130 yards and securing…
Pope Leo tours Istanbul's famous Blue Mosque, declines to pray alongside imam

Pope Leo Visits Istanbul’s Iconic Blue Mosque, Chooses Not to Pray with Imam

Pope Leo XIV visited Istanbul’s renowned Blue Mosque on Saturday, choosing to…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
National Guardsman shot in DC is 'hanging on,' family pleading for prayer, congressman says

Family Seeks Prayers as National Guardsman Fights for Life After DC Shooting, Congressman Reports

In a pressing call for hope and support, a West Virginia National…
Sex trafficking has to be confronted

Urgent Action Required: Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking

Parents naturally want to ensure the safety of their children. However, an…
Maduro brandishes sword at rally as he rails against 'imperialist aggression' amid rising tensions with US

Maduro’s Fiery Rally: Sword-Wielding Protest Against U.S. ‘Imperialist Aggression

Earlier this week in Caracas, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro delivered a bold…
Giants and Patriots remain as intertwined as ever going into ‘Monday Night Football’

Giants vs. Patriots: A Historic Rivalry Takes Center Stage on Monday Night Football

Few sports rivalries are as deeply connected as that between the Giants…