2-year-old boy is swept away on luggage conveyor belt at Newark Airport in latest terror at beleaguered travel hub

Young Boy Carried Away on Luggage Conveyor Belt at Newark Airport Amid Ongoing Travel Concerns

A 2-year-old boy disappeared from his mother’s view at Newark Liberty International Airport, embarking on an unexpected journey on a baggage conveyor belt. This incident is just one of several concerning events that have occurred at the airport.

The young child from Staten Island managed to climb onto the low conveyor belt meant for passenger luggage drop-off, while his mom was preoccupied with rescheduling a flight with a JetBlue staff member in Terminal A, as reported by Pix 11.

The child rode on the belt, which carried him away and dropped down a chute into the luggage screening area on the lower level of the terminal.

Fortunately, two nearby Port Authority officers quickly responded to the situation, acting swiftly to locate the child, according to Port Authority Police PBA President Frank Conti, who spoke to Pix 11.

“The two cops were able to move fast into the system, which was vital,” Conti told the news station. “There was a split in the belts. One officer went toward one direction, one toward the other direction.”

One of the cops found the toddler – unharmed – near an X-Ray machine and scooped him up before he went into it.

While the child was brought to safety and flew to Tampa, Florida, with his family for vacation after the hair-raising ordeal, most news coming out of the beleaguered airport in recent months has not had a happy ending. 

Newark Airport has been described as a “delay-plagued hellhole” for a slew of problems, including unprecedented backups on the tarmac, a glut of cancellations, the possible spread of an infectious disease, ongoing construction, FAA controllers walking off the job and terrifying blackouts of its control towers. 

The situation at the international travel hub got so bad that one federal air safety employee warned the public not to fly out of the embattled airport, warning that it’s “not safe.”

And on April 28, air traffic controllers were left without radar and communications for 90 horrifying seconds, resulting in a domino effect that delayed thousands of flights. At least five air traffic controllers took a 45-day trauma leave because the scare rattled them so much. A similar blackout occurred in November of last year. 

Two weeks ago, New Jersey health officials sounded the alarm about a potential measles outbreak when an infected individual traveled through the airport’s Terminal B. 

Even the solutions offered up for the airport’s chaos come with a new set of headaches.

Experts suggested slashing daily flights – limiting options for travelers – as soon as possible, since the airport can’t handle the volume. 

“I don’t see a near-term immediate everything gets better [solution],” ex-Federal Aviation Administration Safety Team Kyle Bailey told The Post.“They simply need to permanently reduce daily flights into the airport, permanently combined with using bigger planes.”

“So there is not a silver bullet,” he added.

You May Also Like

Portugal Enacts Burqa Law Limiting Face Coverings in Public - Internewscast Journal

Portugal Enacts Burqa Law Limiting Face Coverings in Public

Portuguese President António José Seguro has signed into law a measure that…
Trump administration sanctions sitting president of the International Criminal Court for 'abuses of power'

Trump Administration Sanctions International Criminal Court President, Citing Abuses of Power

Mamdani, Netanyahu and the ICC Paul Gigot joined Wall Street Journal commentators…
Nashville hospital medication error leaves at least 1 patient paralyzed after routine surgery, 3 others hurt

Nashville Hospital Medication Error Paralyzes Patient, Injures 3

HHS decertifies Kentucky organ donor network over near-harvesting incident The Department of…
Mother Suffers Cardiac Incident After Powerful Waves Sweep Her Into Ocean at Orange County Beach - Internewscast Journal

Mother Suffers Cardiac Incident After Powerful Waves Sweep Her Into Ocean at Orange County Beach

What began as a calm walk along the sand became a desperate…
Report Warns Cuba’s Collapse Fuels Security Threat Near Florida - Internewscast Journal

Report Warns Cuba’s Collapse Fuels Security Threat Near Florida

A newly released report is raising alarms that Cuba’s expanding ties with…
Another Child’s Room Becomes a Memorial to School Shootings - Internewscast Journal

Another Child’s Room Becomes a Memorial to School Shootings

In south Minneapolis, a bedroom on the second floor sits almost exactly…
ComEd Crews Aid NW Indiana Power Restoration After Storms - Internewscast Journal

ComEd Crews Aid NW Indiana Power Restoration After Storms

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. () — Additional assistance is headed to northwest Indiana…
GOP Rep. Van Drew Blasts Filibuster as Harmful Obstruction - Internewscast Journal

GOP Rep. Van Drew Blasts Filibuster as Harmful Obstruction

Rep. Jeff Van Drew (R-NJ) used a Friday appearance on Fox Business…
Tupac Shakur murder trial's first week sees heated testimony from reluctant witnesses with old gangland ties

Tupac Shakur Murder Trial Opens With Heated Testimony From Reluctant Witnesses With Gang Ties

The opening week of the long-awaited murder trial in Tupac Shakur’s killing…
California Democrat Faces HR Complaints Over Small Penis Stunt - Internewscast Journal

California Democrat Faces HR Complaints Over Small Penis Stunt

California taxpayers are paying more than $207,000 annually for Terry Schanz’s government…
NIPSCO Faces Class-Action Lawsuit as NW Indiana Storm Outages Persist - Internewscast Journal

NIPSCO Faces Class-Action Lawsuit as NW Indiana Storm Outages Persist

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. () — Thousands of residents in northwest Indiana spent…
Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Move Forward for Now - Internewscast Journal

Supreme Court Lets White House Ballroom Construction Move Forward for Now

Washington — The Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way, at least…