Racist woman charged after hurling n-word at boy who stole applesauce

A woman who gained viral attention earlier this year for using racist slurs towards an eight-year-old boy, who allegedly took apple sauce from her bag in Minnesota, is now facing charges. 

Shiloh Hendrix, 36, was recorded at Soldiers Field Memorial Park on April 28 by a man who confronted her for allegedly referring to a young black boy with the ‘N-word.’

While holding her toddler, Hendrix did not deny the accusations, instead replying, ‘If that’s what he’s gonna act like,’ and then repeated the slur towards the man filming and made an obscene gesture.

The City of Rochester has now announced in a press release that Hendrix is facing three counts of disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor with a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail. 

If found guilty, Hendrix may also face an $1,000 fine in addition to a jail sentence. 

The complaint noted that Hendrix ‘wrongfully and unlawfully engaged in offensive … or abusive language that would reasonably tend to arouse alarm, anger, or resentment in others.’

Mayor Kim Norton expressed in the release that the incident ‘deeply affected many people, especially our communities of color, and caused real turmoil in our community.’

‘We acknowledge the lasting impact this incident has had, not only on those directly involved and across our community, but also in the broader conversations happening at the state and national level,’ Norton added. 

Shiloh Hendrix was recorded at Soldiers Field Memorial Park directing a racial slur at an eight-year-old black child and has now been charged with three counts of disorderly conduct

Shiloh Hendrix was recorded at Soldiers Field Memorial Park directing a racial slur at an eight-year-old black child and has now been charged with three counts of disorderly conduct

While holding her toddler, Hendrix made no denial of the accusations and instead responded, 'If that's what he's gonna act like,' before repeating the slur toward the man filming and making an obscene gesture

While holding her toddler, Hendrix made no denial of the accusations and instead responded, ‘If that’s what he’s gonna act like,’ before repeating the slur toward the man filming and making an obscene gesture

‘These moments remind us of the complexity and far-reaching impacts of situations like this. The City remains committed to staying engaged and proceeding with transparency and care, continuing efforts that support accountability and progress in Rochester.’

According to the complaint, the boy’s father had taken his three children to the park and seen his ‘profoundly and visibly autistic’ eight-year-old son take applesauce from Hendrix’s diaper bag. 

His father and Hendrix then chased the boy in an attempt to get the applesauce back, but Hendrix, in pursuit of the boy, began yelling the slur at him.

Another park goer who had witnessed the incident then confronted Hendrix and began recording her, according to the complaint. 

The man recording asked her why she called the child the slur and as he pressed further Hendrix became more enraged and ‘raised her middle finger at him, cursing at him, and using the same epithet against him.’

‘When asked if she was about to hit the child, she said “Yeah! He took my son’s stuff!” and said “That little f***ing kid did…”,’ the complaint said. 

Hendrix then said, ‘I don’t give a s***’ before telling the man recording to ‘f*** off.’ 

The parents of the boy issued a statement that was delivered during at NAACP town hall, KIMT reported. 

The complaint stated that Hendrix 'wrongfully and unlawfully engaged in offensive … or abusive language that would reasonably tend to arouse alarm, anger, or resentment in others'

The complaint stated that Hendrix ‘wrongfully and unlawfully engaged in offensive … or abusive language that would reasonably tend to arouse alarm, anger, or resentment in others’

Walé Elegbede, president of the Rochester NAACP, read the statement for them, claiming they wish to remain anonymous due to safety concerns.

‘We as the parents of the young boy, demand that those responsible for this tragic event, the unimaginable pain that has affected our beloved child, be held fully accountable. Our child deserves justice and we will not rest until it is served,’ the parents said.

The boy’s family asked for people to donate to them as they pursue accountability.

‘As the parents of the young boy, as we navigate the emotional , legal and medical challenges ahead, we are asking the public for Financial Support,’ the parents said.

‘There are individuals who are attempting to benefit financially from the assault that happened to us. We request the authorities to protect us and stop people from using our pain for profit.’

The video of Hendrix went viral in May, but further controversy arose after the mother created an online fundraiser which raised more than $800,000. 

Her $1 million goal, Hendrix claimed on the fundraiser, was to protect her family and relocate after being doxed when the video went viral. 

‘My name is Shiloh and I have been put into a very dire situation. I recently had a kid steal from my 18 month old son’s diaper bag at a park. I called the kid out for what he was,’ the page stated.

Hendrix garnered over $800,000 in online donations and claimed she is raising money to protect her family and relocate

Hendrix garnered over $800,000 in online donations and claimed she is raising money to protect her family and relocate

‘My family members are being attacked. My eldest child may not be going back to school. Even where I exercise has been exposed.’

The support shown toward Hendrix drew criticism online, with many questioning the motivations behind the donations and expressing concern over the message it sends regarding accountability for racist behavior. 

Hendrix posted an update in June that said her family was doing great and that ‘life-changing events are at play.’

‘I appreciate all of you who didn’t fall for the silly misinformation that was being spread about me,’ she wrote. 

‘Thank you for defending my truth, and being wise enough to know better. Keep standing up for yourselves, and keep fighting for the First Amendment!’

You May Also Like

Florida Parents Accused of Killing Newborn, Playing Call of Duty

A Florida couple accused of fatally shaking their infant daughter went on…

TV Presenter Who Exposed People Smugglers Now Living Under Death Threats

A well-known TV news presenter says he is facing a credible death…

Insiders Reveal Panic Inside Trump Camp After Assassination Attempt

Just hours after reports surfaced about his undisclosed departure from the NATO…

Inside Cristiano Ronaldo & Georgina Rodríguez’s Intimate Wedding

Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodríguez have made it official, tying the knot…

Iran Offers Cash Bounty for Capture or Killing of US Troops

Iran has announced a cash bounty for anyone who captures or kills…

WNBA Legend Draws Laughs With Sexuality Joke in Hall of Fame Speech

Candace Parker sparked a wave of reaction with a brief, self-aware joke…

Interactive Map Shows America’s New Hottest ZIP Codes as Surprising Housing Markets Surge

Florida and California may still dominate the imagination of many homebuyers, but…

Courtney Love Says She ‘Almost Died’ in Harrowing Health Battle

Courtney Love said this week that she came dangerously close to dying…

Tori Spelling Calls Out Director Who She Says Hated Her

Tori Spelling will always be closely tied to Beverly Hills, 90210, but…

Karl-Anthony Towns Marries Jordyn Woods in Lavish Ceremony

New York Knicks standout Karl-Anthony Towns celebrated a life-changing moment off the…

Stourbridge Wildfire Aftermath Reveals Devastating Scars

The scale of destruction left by the Stourbridge wildfire has been laid…

Angel Reese Mocked After Missed Game-Winner vs Caitlin Clark

Angel Reese was left to rue a costly miss after she passed…