Report: Pete Hegseth suffers new disastrous leak in Charlie Kirk saga
Share this @internewscast.com

Pete Hegseth, the Pentagon's Secretary of War, is spearheading a witch hunt into Charlie Kirk's critics.

Pete Hegseth, the Pentagon’s Secretary of War, is spearheading a witch hunt into Charlie Kirk’s critics.

According to documents obtained by the Washington Post, the Pentagon has reviewed the online comments of almost 300 Defense Department employees spanning service members, civilian staff, and contractors ¿¿ made in the aftermath of last month's assassination of the conservative luminary. After Kirk was killed on September 10, the Defense Department actively searched for employees who had made critical comments about him or his movement.

According to documents obtained by the Washington Post, the Pentagon has reviewed the online comments of almost 300 Defense Department employees spanning service members, civilian staff, and contractors –– made in the aftermath of last month’s assassination of the conservative luminary. After Kirk was killed on September 10, the Defense Department actively searched for employees who had made critical comments about him or his movement.

By the end of September, 128 service members had been investigated in connection with Kirk's death, with most cases still ongoing, according to documents seen by the Post. Out of those, 26 have been officially reprimanded, which could affect their career advancement and future assignments.

By the end of September, 128 service members had been investigated in connection with Kirk’s death, with most cases still ongoing, according to documents seen by the Post. Out of those, 26 have been officially reprimanded, which could affect their career advancement and future assignments.

It comes at the same time the Pentagon is tightening it's belt on journalists and the way they cover the department. In recent weeks, the Defense Department has faced criticism from journalists in Washington for implementing a new policy requiring reporters to agree not to collect information without the department¿s explicit permission. Journalists who refuse to sign this agreement risk losing their credentials to report on Pentagon activities.

It comes at the same time the Pentagon is tightening it’s belt on journalists and the way they cover the department. In recent weeks, the Defense Department has faced criticism from journalists in Washington for implementing a new policy requiring reporters to agree not to collect information without the department’s explicit permission. Journalists who refuse to sign this agreement risk losing their credentials to report on Pentagon activities.

Last week, Daily Mail reported that Hegseth was accused of 'condescending and insulting' America's top generals and admirals at a highly anticipated summit in Quantico. In a highly awaited speech, Hegseth laid out a vision for troops and their commanders free from what he called 'woke politics,' diversity initiatives, and policies he referred to as involving 'dudes in dresses,' using strong language throughout his speech. A day later, several firings were made within the department.

Last week, Daily Mail reported that Hegseth was accused of ‘condescending and insulting’ America’s top generals and admirals at a highly anticipated summit in Quantico. In a highly awaited speech, Hegseth laid out a vision for troops and their commanders free from what he called ‘woke politics,’ diversity initiatives, and policies he referred to as involving ‘dudes in dresses,’ using strong language throughout his speech. A day later, several firings were made within the department.

A former national security official told the Daily Mail he found it absurd to see the military's highest¿ranking service men and women being forced to listen to Hegseth, who was only ever a junior¿ranking soldier before becoming a Fox TV host. The ex¿defense staffer said: 'I thought it was a highly inappropriate politicization of the US military, which both Trump and Hegseth love to do.'

A former national security official told the Daily Mail he found it absurd to see the military’s highest–ranking service men and women being forced to listen to Hegseth, who was only ever a junior–ranking soldier before becoming a Fox TV host. The ex–defense staffer said: ‘I thought it was a highly inappropriate politicization of the US military, which both Trump and Hegseth love to do.’

Since Kirk's death, Hegseth and his team have argued that any speech praising or mocking the death of the Turning Point USA founder is 'improper partisan behavior' and can lead to disciplinary measures, including possible firing. 'It's a violation of the oath, it's conduct unbecoming, it's a betrayal of the Americans they've sworn to protect & dangerously incompatible with military service,' spokesman Sean Parnell wrote last month on social media.

Since Kirk’s death, Hegseth and his team have argued that any speech praising or mocking the death of the Turning Point USA founder is ‘improper partisan behavior’ and can lead to disciplinary measures, including possible firing. ‘It’s a violation of the oath, it’s conduct unbecoming, it’s a betrayal of the Americans they’ve sworn to protect & dangerously incompatible with military service,’ spokesman Sean Parnell wrote last month on social media.

Former defense officials and congressional Democrats say that Defense Secretary Hegseth's order to go after people who criticized Charlie Kirk shows growing concern about Kirk's influence over the military. Opponents accuse the administration of hypocrisy for ignoring political violence when it targets their side, pointing to the president's silence after a Democratic lawmaker was assassinated.

Former defense officials and congressional Democrats say that Defense Secretary Hegseth’s order to go after people who criticized Charlie Kirk shows growing concern about Kirk’s influence over the military. Opponents accuse the administration of hypocrisy for ignoring political violence when it targets their side, pointing to the president’s silence after a Democratic lawmaker was assassinated.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Barron Trump Makes a Rare Appearance at Mar-A-Lago Thanksgiving Celebration

Barron Trump made quite an impression last night at the Thanksgiving dinner…

Trump Excludes South Africa from Miami Conference, Reduces Payments Amid Controversy Over Claims of White ‘Genocide

President Donald Trump has taken a bold step by excluding South Africa…

European Leaders Condemn Trump’s Proposal to Acknowledge Russian-Occupied Ukrainian Territories as Zelensky’s Envoys Head to Mar-a-Lago

In the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, the status of disputed…

Discover How Removing the Two-Child Benefit Cap Could Boost Families in High-Immigration Areas Like Luton and Tower Hamlets

Analysis by the Daily Mail indicates that families residing in areas with…

Europe Expresses Strong Opposition to Trump’s Proposal to Acknowledge Seized Ukrainian Territory

The ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine might witness a significant development,…

Trump Excludes South Africa from G20 Summit Citing Human Rights Concerns

President Donald Trump has officially barred South Africa from participating in the…