Internewscast
Image default
News

Scott Morrison cleared to ‘continue with plans’ after adviser’s link to Sydney coronavirus case

One of Scott Morrison’s senior advisers has gone into self-quarantine after being linked to a COVID-19 case, though medical authorities say the Prime Minister is fine to “continue with his plans”.

Nico Louw posted on his Instagram account he had been told to self-isolate as he was a close contact of a confirmed coronavirus case at the Apollo Restaurant in Potts Point on 25 July.

He later deleted the message.

“A staff member in the PMO is self-isolating after NSW Health issued a new alert last night,” the prime minister’s office confirmed in a statement on Tuesday night.

“The acting chief medical officer advises that because the staff member has no COVID-19 symptoms, the prime minister is clear to continue with his plans.”

Mr Morrison travelled to Queensland’s Sunshine Coast on Tuesday morning before heading back to Canberra for crisis talks about the coronavirus outbreaks in Victorian nursing homes.

In April, Mr Louw apologised for distributing unauthorised copies of former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull’s 677-page memoir before its release.

An out-of-court settlement was reached between the staffer and publisher Hardie Grant.

The publisher has previously said the pirated memoir was sent to at least 59 recipients.

Residents in metropolitan Melbourne are subject to stay-at-home orders and can only leave home for essential work, study, exercise or care responsibilities. It is also mandatory to wear masks in public.

People in Australia must stay at least 1.5 metres away from others. Check your state’s restrictions on gathering limits.

If you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, stay home and arrange a test by calling your doctor or contact the Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.

News and information is available in 63 languages at sbs.com.au/coronavirus 

Additional reporting by Naveen Razik.

Source:

Related posts

Leave a Comment