Share this @internewscast.com

Three more Barcelona stars have tested positive for Covid in the last 24 hours, taking the club’s total number of cases to 10 as the Catalans battle with an outbreak at the Nou Camp.

The club confirmed on Thursday morning that Sergino Dest, Philippe Coutinho and Ez Abde have all contracted the virus and have been forced into self-isolation after returning positive tests.

The latest update comes a mere 24 hours after the Catalans announced that Ousmane Dembele, Gavi and Samuel Umtiti had tested positive for the virus.

Philippe Coutinho is among the latest spate of Barcelona players to test positive for Covid

Philippe Coutinho is among the latest spate of Barcelona players to test positive for Covid

Philippe Coutinho is among the latest spate of Barcelona players to test positive for Covid

Defender Sergino Dest has also been infected by the virus and will self-isolate at home

Defender Sergino Dest has also been infected by the virus and will self-isolate at home

Defender Sergino Dest has also been infected by the virus and will self-isolate at home

Four players were already in self-isolation following tests at the training ground earlier this week – Dani Alves, Clement Lenglet, Jordi Alba and Alejandro Balde – meaning that the club’s total cases among the playing squad is in double figures. 

The jump in numbers will cause concern that further cases are still possible, which could put their LaLiga clash with Real Mallorca on January 2 at risk. 

Mallorca are struggling with their own outbreak, too, with four players and three members of staff all testing positive during their winter break. 

Barcelona head coach Xavi already has a series of injuries to contend with, while Sergio Busquets is also suspended for the clash, which is scheduled to take place at 8pm on Sunday. 

Ten Barcelona stars now have Covid, throwing their match on January 2 into serious doubt

Ten Barcelona stars now have Covid, throwing their match on January 2 into serious doubt

Ten Barcelona stars now have Covid, throwing their match on January 2 into serious doubt

It means that new signing Ferran Torres may have to wait a little longer to make his debut for the club.

The 21-year-old has completed his £55million move from Manchester City and has already trained with his new club. However, the Spain international has not played since breaking his foot while on international duty in October. 

He is due to be unveiled at the Nou Camp on Monday January 3.  

Source: DailyMail Sports

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

USA train for the final time before Round of 16 clash with Holland, as Christian Pulisic returns

USA trains for the final time before Round-of-16 clash with Holland, as…

DANNY MURPHY: Kyle Walker could be key to England beating France in a potential quarter-final

DANNY MURPHY: Kyle Walker could be key to England beating France in…

Louis van Gaal says USMNT didn’t ‘adapt or adjust’ to Holland’s tactics of targeting the wide areas

Louis van Gaal says USMNT didn’t ‘adapt or adjust’ to Holland’s tactics…

‘He’s holding us back’: USMNT fans want Gregg Berhalter FIRED after World Cup exit to Holland

‘He’s holding us back’: USMNT fans want Gregg Berhalter FIRED after World…

USA coach Gregg Berhalter admits 3-1 loss to Holland is tough to take as they crash out of World Cup

‘It’s such a difficult one to handle’: USA coach Gregg Berhalter admits…

Holland’s carnival celebrations after beating USA to reach World Cup quarters

Memphis Depay leads the carnival celebrations into the Holland team hotel as…

Wild crowd scenes in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane for Socceroos FIFA World Cup match in Qatar

There were wild scenes across the country as tens of thousands of…