Mohamed Salah IS a target for Saudi Arabian clubs, confirms Pro League chief, after star's outburst at Liverpool and Arne Slot
Share this @internewscast.com

Following a fiery incident over the weekend, Mohamed Salah has caught the eye of Saudi Arabian football clubs, as confirmed by the chief executive of the Pro League.

Salah was notably absent from Liverpool’s squad during their narrow 1-0 victory over Inter Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

This came after the star forward delivered a striking interview at Elland Road, expressing frustration over being benched for the entirety of Liverpool’s 3-3 draw against Leeds United on Saturday.

The incident has fueled speculation that Salah might part ways with Liverpool in the January transfer window, especially since he has been previously linked to lucrative offers from the Saudi Pro League.

During the World Football Summit in Riyadh, Omar Mugharbel, the chief executive of the Saudi Pro League, acknowledged that Salah is on the radar for top-flight teams in the league.

Mo Salah is a target of Saudi Arabian clubs, the chief executive of their Pro league has confirmed

Mo Salah is a target of Saudi Arabian clubs, the chief executive of their Pro league has confirmed

Salah's future at Liverpool is in doubt following his outburst at the club and manager Arne Slot

Salah’s future at Liverpool is in doubt following his outburst at the club and manager Arne Slot

Speculation has risen that Salah could leave the club, with Saudi Arabia a possible destination

Speculation has risen that Salah could leave the club, with Saudi Arabia a possible destination

“Mohamed Salah is welcome in the Saudi League, but it is the clubs that are responsible for negotiating with players,” Mugharbel told the BBC.

‘For sure Salah is one of them [a target].’

Salah, 33, signed a two-year mega-money deal, which runs until summer 2027, earlier this year. 

Daily Mail Sport reported earlier this week that clubs in Saudi Arabia, the United States and now Europe are on red alert over his future.

Mugharbel’s comments are the first public confirmation that Saudi Pro League sides are eyeing a potential deal for Salah following his recent comments.

The Saudi Pro League has long been touted the forward’s next move after he was the subject of a failed £150million bid from Al-Ittihad in 2023.

Salah has long been seen as the ‘dream target’ for clubs in the Saudi Pro League.

The winger had declined to answer a question about Saudi Arabian interest amid his outburst on Saturday.

Salah's outburst came after he was left on the bench again for Liverpool's draw against Leeds

Salah’s outburst came after he was left on the bench again for Liverpool’s draw against Leeds

After Liverpool’s win over Inter Milan, Slot hinted that there could be a way back for the Egyptian if he acknowledges that he made a mistake. 

Speaking to pundit and fellow Dutchman Clarence Seedorf on Amazon Prime, he said: ‘You say everyone makes mistakes in life, so the first thing should be: does the player think he’s made a mistake as well?

‘And then the next question is, should the initiative come from me or him? That’s another question to answer.’

Slot later rowed back on his comments with a mixed message, saying: ‘Clarence said that in his opinion and I didn’t say who should make the first step.

‘Tonight it should be all about the players that are here. In the rich history Liverpool has had they have had many of these evenings. 

‘(The performance) was all I could ask for, I think the fourth game in 10 days, that is not what you see a lot with only 13 outfield players available with experience, after the blow we had conceding the 3-3 in Leeds then in this stadium against such a strong Inter team, we hardly gave away a chance.

‘We had a great mentality second half, we get better and better.’

Salah’s comments have attracted criticism from Liverpool legends, with Jamie Carragher initially labelling his statements as ‘a disgrace’, before toning down his criticism on Wednesday.

Legendary former club captain Steven Gerrard has admitted Salah was wrong to air his grievances in the public eye. 

Steven Gerrard has given his thoughts on Mo Salah's explosive interview at Elland Road

Steven Gerrard has given his thoughts on Mo Salah’s explosive interview at Elland Road

‘He’s obviously really upset he’s not playing, which I respect. He obviously wants to help the team, which I respect,’ the former Reds captain told TNT Sports’ The Breakdown.

‘A couple of lines about throwing people under the bus, wrong. Need to reverse a little bit away from that, to deal with that with the manager. This needs Virgil van Dijk to go, “How are we sorting this out?” Not even for so much for the benefit of the club, or the team, it’s the fans.

‘No one’s perfect and we’ve all had head loss as players, where we’ve done emotional things. I think in time when this all calms, Mo will go, “I shouldn’t have said that. I maybe shouldn’t have said that and I was a bit emotional and a bit hasty.”

‘At the end of the day, Liverpool need Mo Salah back playing well, scoring goals because he is the best player, the best scorer, and he will help them get out of this. If this goes on, this is bigger than what we all know and what we see.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

F1 Sensation Lando Norris Sparks Buzz: Leaked Footage Reveals Breakup with Supermodel Magui Corceiro

Formula One champion Lando Norris has reportedly ended his relationship with supermodel…

Having observed top English talents over the past three decades, Manchester United’s 15-year-old sensation JJ Gabriel stands out as a future superstar in the making.

During Manchester United Under 18s’ impressive 4-1 triumph over Oxford United in…

Gold-Medal Triumph: Team USA’s Women’s Hockey Declared Unmatched After Victory Over Canada

The U.S. women’s hockey team has been hailed as the finest in…

Maro Itoje’s 100th Cap: Unveiling the Secrets Behind England Captain’s Stellar Rugby Journey

In an extravagant ceremony last August, Maro Itoje and his partner, Mimi,…

Scotland’s Six Nations Hopes Revitalized by Dramatic Valentine’s Day Victory

Amidst low expectations and mounting pressure, Scotland delivered a stunning performance that…

Thrilling FA Cup Showdown: Crysencio Summerville’s Heroics Propel 10-Man West Ham Over Burton

Once again, Crysencio Summerville emerged as the hero for West Ham, providing…

Tynecastle’s Derek McInnes Energizes Title Race with Late Goals and Passionate Leadership Under Tony Bloom’s Watchful Eye

Regardless of how this thrilling Premiership season concludes, television producers likely already…

Manchester City Overcomes Stubborn Salford City 2-0: Guardiola Deploys Key Players Amid ‘Boring’ FA Cup Challenge

Pep Guardiola’s admiration for the FA Cup is rooted in its rich…