Share this @internewscast.com
Tottenham set to sign Croatia winger Ivan Perisic on a free transfer after Antonio Conte agreed to stay at the club… and the Italian has set his sights on Inter Milan’s Alessandro Bastoni and Nottingham Forest’s Djed Spence
- Tottenham are set to finalise terms with Inter Milan winger Ivan Perisic this week
- Discussions accelerated after Antonio Conte agreed to stay on as Spurs boss
- Conte has also set his eyes on defenders Alessandro Bastoni and Djed Spence
- Spurs already agreed a free transfer for Fraser Forster to join from Southampton
- But Giovani Lo Celso is set to leave for Villarreal after a successful loan period
Tottenham expect to finalise terms on a two year deal with Croatia winger Ivan Perisic early this week.
Talks have accelerated over the free transfer since Antonio Conte agreed to stay on as Tottenham manager and the 33-year-old has rejected an offer to stay at Inter Milan to take up a new challenge in London.
Chelsea had also shown an interest in the combative Perisic but Conte’s presence has swayed the decision and Tottenham have given the move the go-ahead despite he player’s age going against heir usual profile.
Ivan Perisic has scored ten and assisted nine goals in 49 Inter Milan appearances this season
Antonio Conte won the title with Inter in 2021
Conte also wants 23-year-old centre-back Alessandro Bastoni from Inter and Middlesbrough full-back Djed Spence who has impressed on loan at Nottingham Forest as they look to add up to six new signings.
Goalkeeper Fraser Forster had a medical on Thursday ahead of agreeing to join as a free agent from Southampton next month.
Conte agreed to stay at Spurs after talks in Turin on Friday with managing director Fabio Paratici. The manager wanted assurances regarding transfers among other matters.
Meanwhile, Villarreal are in talks over a deal to make Giovani Lo Celso’s loan move permanent.
The Spanish side want to offer around £17m for a player that cost Tottenham an initial £27m.