Newcastle told Yoanne Wissa is pointless transfer and not good enough to get in their team
Share this @internewscast.com

Yoane Wissa has unfollowed Brentford and removed all club photos from his Instagram account as he looks to leave the club.

Wissa’s move to Newcastle is currently being blocked by Brentford, as revealed by talkSPORT.

Wissa has publicly expressed his desire to leave south west London

3

Wissa has publicly expressed his desire to leave south west LondonCredit: getty

The 28-year-old is frustrated that Brentford will not proceed with a sale unless a valuation exceeding £60million is met, despite previously indicating to Wissa a willingness to consider a sale.

Wissa was also told a year ago he could leave for £26m (€30m) after committing to last season following Ivan Toney’s departure to Al-Ahli.

Brentford maintains that Dango Ouattara is intended to replace Bryan Mbeumo, and for Wissa to leave, both their steep price tag must be met and another forward secured.

At his age, he sees this as potentially his last opportunity to play in the Champions League and has turned down offers from Saudi Arabia to pursue a move to St James’ Park.

What will happen to Wissa?

Newcastle find themselves in a strange striker situation with just two weeks of the transfer window to go.

On one hand, their star striker Alexander Isak is refusing to play and has informed the Toon he’ll never represent them again.

He wants to join Liverpool, who saw a £110 million bid for Isak immediately rejected and are yet to return with another offer.

And on the other hand, Wissa is doing the exact same thing as Isak to try and force a move to Newcastle.

He hasn’t featured in pre-season and has been training away from the main group.

Brentford manager Keith Andrews opened up on his relationship with Wissa in an exclusive talkSPORT interview last week.

Eddie Howe is keen to see his striker situation resolved

3

Eddie Howe is keen to see his striker situation resolvedCredit: AFP
Isak and Wissa refusing to play with one looking to get out of Newcastle and the other desperate to play for them

3

Isak and Wissa refusing to play with one looking to get out of Newcastle and the other desperate to play for themCredit: Getty

He said: “I have got a good relationship with Wiss.

“I worked really hard with him last year to try and find goals. Seven of his 19 goals last year came from set pieces.

“He owes me really, so he shouldn’t be going anywhere, to be blunt!”

But Wissa was then not selected in the matchday squad for the Bees’ 3-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest.

Newcastle have identified Wissa as Callum Wilson’s replacement after scoring 19 top-flight goals last season.

Despite having two offers turned down, with the Bees now demanding £60m and a replacement, it is uncertain whether they will continue, as time is ticking and the Isak situation remains unresolved.

Newcastle United told to make shock move for ex-Arsenal target as Alexander Isak replacement

The Ouattara transfer was initially expected to clear the way for Wissa’s move to Newcastle, but recent developments have altered the situation, leaving the striker dissatisfied.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Outrage in Football: Dutch Legend Condemns Bullying of Germany’s Angelo Stiller Over Cleft Lip, Sparks Club Apology

Victor Edvardsen of the Go Ahead Eagles has issued an apology following…

Moises Caicedo Discusses Chelsea Decision Over Arsenal, His Stamford Bridge Ambitions, and Areas for Improvement

The interview wraps up, and it’s time for some photos. This isn’t…

FIFA Unveils New Draw Format: Discover England’s Path to the World Cup Final

England approaches the 2026 World Cup with a significant advantage, as FIFA’s…

Unveiling Arsenal’s North London Derby Tifo Triumph: From PSG Setbacks to Arteta’s Applause and a Gooner’s Dream Design

During Sunday’s north London derby at the Emirates Stadium, Arsenal fans played…

Antony’s £81m Acquisition Questioned: Jadon Sancho’s £75m Transfer Faces Criticism, Cristiano Ronaldo’s Return Divides Fans – Analyzing Manchester United’s Signings Following Club’s Lowest Value Rating

How poorly has Manchester United fared in the transfer market over the…

Martin O’Neill Confident Wilfried Nancy Will Remain Unaffected by Celtic’s Off-Field Challenges

Martin O’Neill assures that Wilfried Nancy will have a clean slate as…

From Church Dribbles to Premier League: Estevao Willian’s Divine Journey to Chelsea Stardom

As Arsenal’s defenders prepare to face Estevao Willian, they might soon notice…