Minnesota Man Pleads Guilty to Killing, Dismembering Pregnant Sister
Share this @internewscast.com

A Minnesota resident confessed last week to the brutal murder and dismemberment of his pregnant sister, driven by anger over her pregnancy, which he believed compromised her “innocence.”

Jack Joseph Ball, 24, admitted guilt to charges of first-degree murder and first-degree murder of an unborn child, as confirmed by the Dakota County Attorney’s Office. Initially, he faced additional charges of second-degree murder, but those were subsequently dropped.

Jack Joseph Ball/Dakota County Sheriff’s Office

The charges against Ball stem from the death of his sister, Bethany Ann Israel, 30, following an indictment a year ago. According to court records, Israel had gone to Ball’s residence for dinner on May 23, 2024. When her family received no word from her for several hours, concern grew. Around 11 p.m., Israel’s mother went to Ball’s home, witnessed him hastily leaving the premises, and discovered a significant amount of blood inside.

Police officers responding to the scene uncovered Israel’s dismembered body, along with a bloodied saw and large knives, as reported by CrimeOnline. Authorities were also alerted to another location where a homeowner’s doorbell camera allegedly captured Ball leaving a body part on their porch.

It was reported that Israel was approximately four months pregnant at the time of her tragic death. Police discovered Ball near the crime scene, inside a vehicle, suffering from a self-inflicted stab wound to his neck. Additional remains of Israel were located in the area.

Journal entries found later revealed Ball’s anger towards his sister due to her pregnancy, which he associated with a loss of “innocence.”

Ball has asserted a mental health defense, the district attorney’s office said, and that portion of his case is scheduled to go to trial in May. If the judge finds that he was not mentally capable of determining right from wrong when he murdered his sister, he will be referred for civil commitment, the Pioneer Press reported. Otherwise, he’ll be sentenced to the mandatory life without parole.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

UPDATE: DNA Analysis Finds No Match for Glove Discovered Near Nancy Guthrie’s Residence

Authorities in Arizona have announced that the investigation into Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance…

Tragic Shooting: Off-Duty Officer Allegedly Shoots Wife Amid Divorce Proceedings, Children Present

Share A tragic incident has unfolded in upstate New York, where a…

Ex-Flip Factory Worker Arrested for Allegedly Distributing Extra Game Cards

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Kyle Sebastian Fowler, aged 38, found himself in legal…

Shocking Heist Gone Wrong: Masked Robber Accidentally Sets Himself Ablaze

Authorities are currently on the hunt for two men following a dramatic…

Hillary Clinton Exposes Alleged Trump Administration Cover-Up in Epstein Case

Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton has accused the Trump administration…

Daylight Heist: Melbourne Jeweller Attacked with Hammer in Bold Robbery

A shopkeeper has been hospitalised after being hit on the head with…

Suspect in Alleged Invasion Day Bomb Plot Revealed

A magistrate has lifted a suppression order on the identity of a…

Tragic Valentine’s Day Shooting: US Soldier and Ukrainian Refugee Fatally Shot by Ex-Boyfriend

Share A tragic Valentine’s Day incident in North Carolina led to the…

Chilling Beach Assault: Man Arrested for Attempted Murder After Vicious Ocean Attack

Left: Said Alexander Hernandez Gonzalez (Martin County Sheriff”s Office). Right: Tiger Shore…

Ex-Girlfriend Allegedly Plotted for Weeks Before Point-Blank Shooting of Boyfriend

Share A Colorado woman faces a lengthy prison term after being found…

Nancy Guthrie’s Family Exonerated as Suspects Amidst ‘Unfounded’ Speculation

The Guthrie family has been ruled out as suspects in the ongoing…

Family Speaks Out on Ordeal of Wrongfully Abducted Man

The family of an 85-year-old Sydney grandfather kidnapped in a case of…