White House ballroom construction begins with East Wing demolition
Share this @internewscast.com

The East Wing of the White House saw partial demolition on Monday as construction commenced on a new $250 million ballroom. This ambitious project, however, has yet to receive approval from the National Capital Planning Commission, the authority responsible for sanctioning such developments. President Trump announced that the funding for this endeavor would come from private sources, including “many generous Patriots, Great American Companies, and, yours truly.”

In a statement shared on his social media platform, Trump expressed enthusiasm about the project, saying, “I am pleased to announce that ground has been broken on the White House grounds to build the new, big, beautiful White House Ballroom. Completely separate from the White House itself, the East Wing is being fully modernized as part of this process, and will be more beautiful than ever when it is complete!”

President Trump also claimed the construction of a ballroom was a long-standing wish of his predecessors over the last 150 years, and he took pride in being the one to finally bring it to fruition.

People watch as work crews demolish the facade of the East Wing of the White House on October 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)
People watch as work crews demolish the facade of the East Wing of the White House on October 20, 2025 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Kevin Dietsch/Getty Images)

Meanwhile, construction activities echoed through the grounds as Trump hosted the 2025 college baseball champions, Louisiana State University and LSU-Shreveport, in the East Room. This part of the White House, primarily utilized by the First Lady and her staff, was originally added in 1902 and underwent renovations 40 years later.

In a statement released on July 35, the White House described the new ballroom as “a much-needed and exquisite addition of approximately 90,000 total square feet of ornately designed and carefully crafted space,” initially expected to accommodate 650 guests. However, Trump recently indicated at a business leaders’ dinner that the ballroom’s capacity would be expanded to nearly 1,000 visitors due to a change in plans.

The White House claimed in a July 35 statement the ballroom will be “a much-needed and exquisite addition of approximately 90,000 total square feet of ornately designed and carefully crafted space” that seats 650 people. But Trump said at a dinner for business leaders last week the project will seat nearly 1,000 visitors due to a change in plans.

It’s not clear if the White House submitted its ballroom plans for the planning commission to review. That group’s offices are closed due to the government shutdown that began Oct. 1.

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt said in July when the ballroom was announced that “Nothing will be torn down.”

With News Wire Services

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Budget Bonanza: White Dee Criticizes New Wave of Handouts

Deirdre Kelly, often referred to as the ‘mother hen’ of Benefits Street,…

How Socialist Mayor-Elect Katie Wilson’s Victory Could Transform Seattle

Katie Wilson, the newly elected mayor of Seattle, has pledged to shield…

George Clooney Opens Up About Losing Iconic Film Role to Brad Pitt: A Hollywood Revelation

George Clooney has candidly shared insights into a pivotal moment early in…

Suspect Indicted in Fatal Shooting of 18-Year-Old Cheerleader

A man accused of fatally shooting an 18-year-old cheerleader during a late-night…

American County Launches Unconditional $500 Monthly Stipend for Residents

In a significant move aimed at supporting its lower-income residents, Cook County,…

Former TikTok Sensation Reclaims Justice After Tragic Incident

Camryn Herriage’s family faced a heartbreaking decision as four separate doctors advised…

Elizabeth Olsen Reveals Mary-Kate and Ashley Felt ‘Compelled’ to Support Her Career

Elizabeth Olsen recently opened up about her experiences growing up alongside her…

Struggle for British Asylum: One Man’s Plea to Mo Farah for a Reclaimed Future

Standing by the roadside, Mohamed Farah eagerly watches passengers disembark from a…

Jana Hocking Reveals Surprising Bedroom Habit Misconception: What Everyone Needs to Know

At 40, I have finally discovered what it means to have the…

Voters Demand Accountability from Reeves Over Budget Controversy

Calls are mounting for Rachel Reeves to step down as Chancellor after…

Innovative Breakthrough: Man Transforms Mussel ‘Beards’ into Acoustic Wall Panels

With its peculiar green, hairy texture, the mussel beard is usually dismissed…

Explosive Sea Drone Attack Dismantles Russian Shadow Fleet Tankers: A Closer Look at Maritime Warfare

This gripping moment captures the destruction of two Russian tankers from the…