Share this @internewscast.com
WWE has responded after Sasha Banks and Naomi “walked out” of ‘Monday Night Raw’.
The company has issued a statement following some behind the scenes controversy on Monday (16.05.22) which saw the Women’s Tag Team Champions legitimately leave the building during filming for the show, which reports suggesting the pair had issues with the creative direction for the storyline.
‘The Mandalorian’ star Sasha and her tag partner Naomi had been announced to be part of a planned ‘Six Pack Challenge’ headlining the show, but WWE was forced to change plans and went with a singles match between Becky Lynch and Asuka.
In a statement, WWE said: “When Sasha Banks and Naomi arrived at the arena this afternoon, they were informed of their participation in the main event of tonight’s Monday Night Raw.
“During the broadcast, they walked into WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis’ office with their suitcases in hand, placed their tag team championship belts on his desk and walked out.
T”hey claimed they weren’t respected enough as tag team champions. And even though they had eight hours to rehearse and construct their match, they claimed they were uncomfortable in the ring with two of their opponents – even though they’d had matches with those individuals in the past with no consequence.
“Monday Night Raw is a scripted live TV show, whose characters are expected to perform the requirements of their contract.
“We regret we were unable to deliver, as advertised, tonight’s main event.”
Reports from various outlets claim Banks and Naomi’s issues were with the storyline plans rather than their opponents as suggested.
According to Fightful Select and PWInsider, Banks met with boss Vince McMahon to discuss issues she had with creative plans, but neither side backed down.
Banks and Naomi are yet to publicly address the situation, but it’s said they left the building together.
The real life issue was referenced on air both on commentary and backstage.
Post source: Female First