Putin residence attack video slammed; US officials say Ukraine did not target leader
Share this @internewscast.com

In a bid to substantiate its claims, Russia’s Defense Ministry unveiled night-vision footage on Wednesday, purportedly capturing the remnants of a Ukrainian drone. This drone was reportedly intercepted during an attempted strike on a dwelling associated with President Vladimir Putin.

The clip, set in a snowy, wooded locale within Russia, depicts a Russian soldier inspecting fragments said to be from a Ukrainian Chaklun-V drone, according to Moscow’s assertions.

Officials in Russia further stated that the drone was successfully neutralized before it could reach Putin’s residence located near Lake Valdai in the Novgorod region. The drone was allegedly equipped with a six-kilogram explosive that did not detonate.

This video release comes amidst growing doubts about Moscow’s narrative concerning the incident.

Vladimir Putin's residential complex in Roshchino, Novgorod Region, Russia

Recent satellite images reveal the area surrounding Vladimir Putin’s residential complex in Roshchino, Novgorod Region, Russia, as of August 31, 2023. (Photo courtesy of Planet Labs PBC/Handout via Reuters)

Meanwhile, The Wall Street Journal highlighted on Wednesday that U.S. national security officials have determined Ukraine was not involved in targeting Putin or any associated residences in this alleged drone activity.

The Journal said the finding was supported by a CIA assessment that determined no attempted attack on Putin occurred, citing a U.S. official briefed on the intelligence.

Instead, Ukraine, they said, was believed to be targeting a military site it had previously struck in the same region but not near Putin’s residence, the official said.

Ukrainian officials have continued to reject the allegations, with a military drone expert claiming the video provided little evidence of an attempted strike on one of Russia’s most heavily secured locations.

drone and russian serviceman

Russia releases drone footage of the alleged Ukraine attack on Putin’s residence. (Russian Defence Ministry/Handout via Reuters )

“This footage, unfortunately, does not offer proof of anything other than that there is a wrecked drone on the ground somewhere being stood over by a Russian serviceman,” Draganfly CEO Cameron Chell told Fox News Digital.

Chell, whose firm supplies drones to the U.S. Department of Defense and its allies, said the drone shown in the video looked ill-suited for such a mission.

“The attacks that occurred on Dec. 29 were also hundreds of kilometers away,” he added.

“The engines on the drone in this new footage are very small, and though capable of multiple hours of flight with the type of fixed-wing drone displayed, it would be extremely slow and unsophisticated.

“This drone is not untypical of many Ukraine drones, but these would only be used for infrastructure targets and woefully ineffective in an attack on a facility the likes of Putin’s residence,” Chell concluded.

drone

The Russian Defense ministry shows a downed drone after an alleged drone attack on Putin’s residence. (Russian Defense Ministry/Handout via Reuters )

Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Heorhii Tykhyi also dismissed the footage as “laughable,” saying Kyiv was “absolutely confident that no such attack took place,” according to Reuters.

Russia alleges the drone was part of a broader Ukrainian operation targeting Putin’s residence earlier this week.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov asserted 91 drones had been intercepted en route to Putin’s residence, a figure that appeared to conflict with earlier Defense Ministry statements.

The ministry initially reported that 89 drones were shot down across eight regions, including 18 over Novgorod, before revising the numbers upward. 

Ukraine drones battlefield

A Ukrainian air intelligence soldier carries a drone in the direction of Bakhmut, Ukraine, May 10, 2024. (Diego Herrera Carcedo/Anadolu via Getty Images)

Only after Lavrov’s remarks did the Defense Ministry claim that 49 drones intercepted over Bryansk — nearly 300 miles from Valdai — were also targeting the presidential residence.

The ministry initially reported that 89 drones were shot down across eight regions, including 18 over Novgorod, before revising the numbers upward. 

The timing of the allegations has also drawn scrutiny, coming shortly after what Moscow described publicly as a positive meeting between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Florida.

Zelenskyy also called the alleged drone attack a “complete fabrication,” saying it was designed to justify further Russian strikes and undermine diplomatic efforts.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov rejected Ukraine’s denials and said Moscow would toughen its diplomatic stance.

Fox News Digital has reached out to the White House for comment.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Columbia 'punishing' graduates for anti-Israel protests by moving ceremony: students

Columbia University Faces Backlash for Relocating Graduation Amid Controversy Over Anti-Israel Protests

This year’s graduation tassel is stirring up quite the commotion at Columbia…
800 small businesses demand refunds after Supreme Court decision

Supreme Court Ruling Spurs Refund Requests from Hundreds of Small Businesses

A coalition of more than 800 small businesses adversely affected by President…
Ex Prince Andrew was treated like a 'common criminal' during 11 hours in custody

Former Prince Andrew reportedly endured ‘common criminal’ treatment during 11-hour detention

In a dramatic turn of events, former Prince Andrew found himself enduring…
Dawson Maloney mugshot

Nevada Substation Incident: Man Discovered Deceased in Vehicle Loaded with Weapons, Sheriff Reports Possible Terror Link

This article includes discussions of suicide. If you or someone you know…
Repeat offender allegedly assaults hospital police officer just days after arrest at same facility: report

Serial Offender Strikes Again: Shocking Hospital Assault Days After Initial Arrest

A North Carolina resident known for his extensive criminal history has once…
4th Quarter GDP Report Is Now in, and It Could Be Better

Disappointing 4th Quarter GDP Report Signals Economic Challenges Ahead

The economic figures for the fourth quarter of 2025 have been released,…
Family of Utah 'dance mom' who killed daughter, herself in Vegas repeatedly called 911

Tragic Utah Dance Mom Incident: Family’s Repeated 911 Calls Prior to Vegas Tragedy

The harrowing efforts of family members to locate a Utah mother and…
White teens cleared of hate crime allegations levied by Black Virginia Tech professor

Virginia Tech Hate Crime Allegations: White Teens Exonerated in High-Profile Case Involving Black Professor

In Virginia, a police department has concluded its investigation into allegations of…
Uber in hot seat after probe finds violent offenders were cleared to drive passengers: report

Shockingly Dangerous: Uber’s Screening Failures Expose Passengers to Violent Drivers

The ride-sharing giant Uber is reportedly enhancing its background check procedures following…
Trump-Kennedy Center ice rink doused in 'toxic chemicals' in 'targeted' attack: officials

Officials Report ‘Targeted’ Chemical Incident at Trump-Kennedy Center Ice Rink

In a shocking act of vandalism, a “toxic chemical” was intentionally poured…
Quentin Griffiths, Asos co-founder, dead after fall from building in Thailand

Tragic Loss: Asos Co-Founder Quentin Griffiths Passes Away in Thailand Building Fall

Quentin Griffiths, the co-founder of the online fashion powerhouse Asos, has tragically…
Kentucky Lyft driver charged with sodomy, kidnapping now faces federal immigration detainer

Kentucky Lyft Driver Accused of Sodomy and Kidnapping Now Under Federal Immigration Detainer

A disturbing incident has surfaced in Kentucky involving a Lyft driver accused…