Adam Abdul-Hamid, 19,
Share this @internewscast.com
Two men facing accusations of gang raping a teenage girl for several hours in a vehicle showed no emotion as they were denied bail, deemed a threat to the community.

Adam Abdul-Hamid, 19, and an 18-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are two of four individuals accused of a prolonged six-hour sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl across several locations in Sydney in December of last year.

Both appeared by audio-visual link at separate court hearings on Tuesday when their bail was denied.

Adam Abdul-Hamid, 19,
Adam Abdul-Hamid, 19. (Nine)
Police have arrested two more young men over an alleged hours-long sexual assault of a teen girl in western Sydney last year. (NSW Police)

During proceedings at Campbelltown Local Court, Magistrate Peter Thompson decided that the risk posed by Abdul-Hamid to the community, should he be released from Silverwater prison, could not be sufficiently lessened.

Magistrate Rosheehan O’Meagher at Parramatta Children’s Court made similar findings against the 18-year-old.

Bail was rejected despite a raft of strict conditions proposed for each co-accused by their barrister Troy Edwards SC.

Crown prosecutor Abby Lee van der Velde contended Abdul-Hamid’s detention should continue, emphasizing his status as the sole adult participant during the alleged “prolonged and sustained sexual assault”.

The barber shop employee had not tried to intervene and had allegedly taken the victim’s phone to send himself a text message, Thompson heard.

The arrested were carried out after simultaneous search warrants. (NSW Police)

Material provided by his family to the court describing the 19-year-old as a responsible and affectionate person lay in contrast to the seriousness of the charges, van der Velde said.

Edwards unsuccessfully tried to argue the bail conditions were enough to mitigate any risk his client posed.

He described the case against his client as “weak”, saying there was no evidence he agreed to participate in the alleged crime.

“Do you want to have a turn?” Abdul-Hamid was allegedly asked, according to a police facts sheet seen by the court.

“No, I’m alright,” he allegedly replied.

In a later covertly recorded phone conversation, Abdul-Hamid inculpated the other males involved in the alleged assault, the court was told.

Despite seven months elapsing since the alleged assault, the 19-year-old had not tried to contact the complainant or his co-accused, Edwards said.

Outside court, the 19-year-old's mother and two brothers wore face masks and shielded themselves with umbrellas, swearing at reporters before getting into a waiting car and driving off.
Outside court, the 19-year-old’s mother and two brothers wore face masks and shielded themselves with umbrellas, swearing at reporters before getting into a waiting car and driving off. (Nine)

Abdul-Hamid has been hit with five charges of aggravated sexual assault in company but has yet to enter any pleas.

Two of these alleged offences involve the use of a hair brush.

Outside court, the 19-year-old’s mother and two brothers wore face masks and shielded themselves with umbrellas, swearing at reporters before getting into a waiting car and driving off.

The 18-year-old male – who has been hit with nine charges of aggravated sexual assault in company – allegedly joined the sexual assault after being told about it through Facetime, O’Meagher was told.

As his mother and partner watched in court, van der Velde said the youth had been captured on CCTV, placing him at the scene.

Police allege that the girl was initially approached by a 16-year-old boy, unknown to her, at a shopping centre in Liverpool on a Sunday evening.

The boy allegedly asked to be driven to a park at a nearby suburb, which the victim agreed to, on the understanding he would get out of the car.

At the park, two other males got into the car and allegedly also sexually assaulted her.

A fourth male arrived in another car and the assaults continued as the girl was driven around for six hours, investigators allege.

The 16-year-old alleged instigator of the rape has been charged with 19 sexual assault offences and five sexual touching offences.

A 14-year-old has been charged with 10 offences including seven aggravated sexual assault offences.

Abdul-Hamid’s matter will return to court on August 13.

His three co-accused will have their cases briefly heard on August 11.

Support is available from the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service at 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732).

Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Heartwarming Ceremony at The Lodge

Anthony Albanese has tied the knot with his fiancée Jodie Haydon at…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela greets his supporters during a rally to commemorate Indigenous Resistance Day on October 12, 2025 in Caracas, Venezuela.

Trump Urges Caution: Advises Treating Venezuelan Airspace as Off-Limits

President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding”…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…

Nationwide Passport System Glitch Strands Thousands: What Travelers Need to Know Now

Travellers going through Australian airports were temporarily delayed on Sunday after a…
Rugby league great Nathan Wood (right) has opened up on being diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)

Football Star Courageously Shares Diagnosis of Severe Brain Disease with His Mother; Her Reaction is Profound

Former NRL athlete Nat Wood has courageously shared his struggle with thoughts…
Dozens arrested in Port of Newcastle climate change protest

Mass Arrests at Port of Newcastle as Climate Activists Rally for Change

In a bold display of civil disobedience, climate change activists have once…
The train station art was labelled 'AI slop'

Sydney Train Station Takes Down Controversial ‘AI Slop’ Mural Following Public Outcry

A mural at Sydney’s Redfern train station has been taken down after…