Attorney General Pam Bondi, front, with Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins, back left to right, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, speaks during a news conference at the Department of Agriculture to rollout the USDA'S National Farm Security Action Plan and discuss actions being taken to protect American agriculture from foreign threats in Washington, Tuesday, July 8, 2025. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
Share this @internewscast.com

President Donald Trump sprang to the defense of Attorney General Pam Bondi on Tuesday amid increasing criticism from far-right influencers and conservative internet figures regarding the Justice Department’s sudden decision not to release more documents related to the Jeffrey Epstein sex-trafficking probe.

During a White House Cabinet meeting, when a reporter attempted to question Bondi about Epstein, Trump interrupted and reprimanded the journalist: “Are you still talking about Jeffrey Epstein? This topic has been covered for years.”

“I find it surprising that you’re asking about Epstein at such a time, when we’re witnessing significant achievements and, unfortunately, tragedy like what happened in Texas — discussing it now feels inappropriate,” he continued.

Attorney General Pam Bondi, front, with Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins, back left to right, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders, speaks during a news conference at the Department of Agriculture to rollout the USDA'S National Farm Security Action Plan and discuss actions being taken to protect American agriculture from foreign threats in Washington, Tuesday, July 8, 2025. (AP Photo/Manuel Balce Ceneta)
Attorney General Pam Bondi is facing mounting criticism over the Justice Department’s abrupt refusal to release additional documents from the Jeffrey Epstein sex-trafficking investigation. (AP)

The comments appeared to signal continued job security for Bondi and amounted to a striking rebuke of members of Trump’s base who have called for her resignation and mocked her for what they say is her failed commitment to release incriminating files from the Epstein investigation.

A supposed Epstein “client list” that Bondi once intimated was sitting on her desk for review does not exist, the Justice Department acknowledged in a two-page memo Monday that further riled conservative critics who’d been hoping for proof of a government cover-up.

Bondi has faced pressure after a first document dump she hyped failed to deliver revelations.

Far-right influencers were invited to the White House in February and provided with binders marked “The Epstein Files: Phase 1” and “Declassified” that contained documents that had largely already been in the public domain.

After the first release fell flat, Bondi said officials were poring over a “truckload” of previously withheld evidence she said had been handed over by the FBI and raised expectations of forthcoming releases.

President Donald Trump, center, speaking during a cabinet meeting with from l-r., Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem, Secretary of Housing, Eric Scott Turner, Attorney General Pam Bondi, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth, and Secretary of Energy Chris Wright at the White House, Tuesday, July 8, 2025, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)
President Donald Trump, center, speaking during a cabinet meeting. (AP)

But after a months-long review of evidence in the government’s possession, the Justice Department said in Monday’s memo that no “further disclosure would be appropriate or warranted.”

The department noted that much of the material was placed under seal by a court to protect victims and “only a fraction” of it “would have been aired publicly had Epstein gone to trial.”

The only evidence disclosed as part of the memo was a video meant to definitively prove that the wealthy financier had taken his own life in jail in 2019.

Even that disclosure did little to quiet conspiracy theorists who believe he was killed.

It’s not a happy development for online detectives

The department’s client list revelation was especially dismaying for conservative influencers and online sleuths, given that Bondi in a Fox News interview in February had intimated that such a document was “sitting on my desk” for review.

Bondi insisted Tuesday that she had been referring to the Epstein case file as being on her desk, as opposed to a specific client list.

“That’s what I meant by that,” she said.

FILE - This photo provided by the New York State Sex Offender Registry shows Jeffrey Epstein, March 28, 2017. (New York State Sex Offender Registry via AP, File)
This photo provided by the New York State Sex Offender Registry shows Jeffrey Epstein. (AP)

She also defended her earlier public statements suggesting that the FBI was reviewing “tens of thousands” of videos of Epstein with “children or child porn.”

The Associated Press published a story last week about the unanswered questions surrounding those videos and the Justice Department’s refusal to provide clarity.

The memo Monday did not suggest that the videos in the government’s possession depicted Epstein with children, instead referring to images of Epstein as well as more than 10,000 “downloaded videos and images of illegal child sex abuse material and other pornography.”

“They turned out to be child porn downloaded by that disgusting Jeffrey Epstein,” she said.

But she did not explain why the department could not release other files from the “truckload” of evidence she said was delivered to the agency months ago.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Search for Fugitive Dezi Freeman in Porepunkah Hindered by Harsh Blizzard Conditions in Victoria

Key Points Dezi Freeman is accused of killing two police officers at…

Leading Ukrainian Politician Andriy Parubiy Fatally Shot in Lviv, Officials Report

Andriy Parubiy, a notable Ukrainian former parliamentary speaker, was reportedly shot dead…
Porepunkah police shooting victims Vadim de Waart and Neal Thompson.

Funeral Arrangements Announced for Porepunkah Ambush Victims

Detective Leading Senior Constable Neal Thompson and Senior Constable Vadim De Waart…
Chaos expected for day of anti-migrant rallies around the country

Nation Braces for Turmoil as Anti-Migrant Protests Sweep Across the Country

Thousands are expected to rally in marches against immigration around the country…
Redheads from around the world gather for annual festival

Ginger-haired individuals worldwide unite for yearly celebration

The southern Dutch city of Tilburg is experiencing an influx of vibrant…
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - AUGUST 31: Hailemaryam Kiros Kebedew celebrates winning the Mens Marathon during the 2025 Sydney Marathon on August 31, 2025 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Jeremy Ng/Getty Images for Adidas)

Historic Sydney Marathon Sees Record-Breaking Wins

DHailemaryam Kiros and Sifan Hassan claimed victory in the men’s and women’s…

Sydney Marathon 2025: New Records Set by Sifan Hassan and Hailemaryam Kiros

Dutch multi-distance phenomenon Sifan Hassan set a race record to win the…

Understanding the Controversial Anti-Immigration Rallies in Australia: Key Facts You Should Know

Controversial anti-immigration protests are set to take place in major cities across…
Jagseer Boparai was driving to work in wet conditions at about 2am when he veered off Cross Keys Road in Salisbury.

Fiancé Tragically Dies in Horrific Accident Just Months Before His Wedding

A man has died in an horrific crash in Adelaide’s north, mere…
Ukrainian lawmaker Andriy Parubiy, pictured here in March 2019

Top Ukrainian political figure assassinated in ‘meticulously orchestrated assault’

A nationalist Ukrainian lawmaker was shot dead in a “carefully planned” attack…
Researchers at Copenhagen University hospital have found adding potassium could slash the risk of heart-related issues by a whopping 24 per cent

Easy Dietary Change to Significantly Improve Heart Health

A new study suggests that a simple dietary swap could dramatically boost…

Olympic Body Says Khawaja’s Proposal to Ban Israel from Sports Violates ‘Equal Rights’

Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja said sporting bodies should consider banning Israel from…